Username: Password:

Author Topic: Concealed carry no CCW  (Read 2290 times)

Vector16

Concealed carry no CCW
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:13:59 pm »
I just read that in order to carry concealed in the valley one must have a CCW lic. is this true?

I know that you do not need a CCW all over the state.  There was a clause in there about if you are 1,000 ft of a school that you must have CCW. Does the same apply for carrying in the car?

I read this on the Shooters world web site.
If your are always prepared for an emergency, it seems an emergency will never arise.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    Re: Concealed carry no CCW
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:44:53 pm »
    This?  -->  http://www.azshootersworld.com/go2/concealed_carry_weapons.cfm

You don't need a CCW to carry concealed in Phoenix.  They're just blowing it out of proportion in order to sell class seats.

The 1000-feet thing is true (federal Gun-Free School Zones Act), but if you're just rolling past a school in your car on your way somewhere you really don't have a lot to worry about in reality. 

If you'll be walking by a school or going to pick up your kids or something, maybe you'll want to be a little more concerned.  Getting stopped by a cop with a gun and no CCW could end up a pretty big hassle.

A CCW is a handy item anyway for several other reasons, the school thing being only one of them.

-T.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 11:35:22 pm »
    ^ the Federal school zone clause is used 99% as a add on charge for drug dealers & other crap heads within a 1,000 feet of a school. This said, the permit (CCW) doesn't hurt to have should some Fed T-bone your car in the parking lot of your kids school. (Stranger stuff has happened). Also remember, your firearms must be unloaded & secured in your vehicle, PRIOR to you driving onto school properties.
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    Concealed carry no CCW
    « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 11:39:25 pm »
    I highly recommend you buy a copy of the Arizona Gun Owners Guide & read it. Digital copies are now available cheaper I'm told.

It will clear up a lot of confusing gun law crap here in AZ. ;)
    http://www.gunlaws.com/agog.htm

PS-
    Check Out
    www.azcdl.org
    They are responsible for most of the gun freedoms we take for granted...
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:43:38 pm by FreeInAZ »
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

Vector16

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:46 am »
    Thanks for all the info. That Shooters World needs to be held to a higher standard.  Could not get away with lying to people in a lot of places.

I do plan on getting a CCW and taking the course thru Blackwolf as soon as I get a permanent  address here.
    If your are always prepared for an emergency, it seems an emergency will never arise.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement