Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hoppe's #9 Air Fresheners  (Read 1377 times)

Curmudgeon

Hoppe's #9 Air Fresheners
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »
I saw these a few years ago.  Never bought 'em though.

Amazon's got 'em now three pack for about 10 bucks:

https://smile.amazon.com/Hoppes-No-9-Air-Freshener/dp/B01AYEJK1Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1476675235&sr=1-1&keywords=hoppes+9+air+freshener

Considering it, because I truly do love that unique aroma.  Reviews are mediocre.  People love the smell, but the big complaint is that it doesn't last very long.

I'm wondering why nobody just freshened up the damn thing by applying some of the actual product?  Seems like the logical thing to do.

Of course you could also just put some on a rag, and toss it under the seat.

I think if I did any of the above, my wife would have a freakin' canary.  She absolutely HATES that smell.  I don't understand it

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

6.5 Gunner

Re: Hoppe's #9 Air Fresheners
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 10:41:23 pm »
    you could always string a bunch of patches together, soak 'em, and hang them from the rear view mirror lol, seems cheaper too.

PCHS4

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »
    For many years I liked it, but not so much anymore. I have gone to the dark side with odorless cleaners that seem to work just as well. But, I like the grape smell of Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil. 

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:28:48 am »
    Banana Oil https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_3_20?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=banana+oil+fragrance&sprefix=banana+oil+fragrance%2Caps%2C1085. The banana oil is, in fact, the cheaper alternative.

The aromatic agent in Hoppe's #9 bore solvent is Isoamyl Acetate, which is, in turn, artificial Banana Oil. It is a cleaning agent/penetrant, also used by dry cleaners.

Greg
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:34:57 am by JarheadAZ »
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement