Username: Password:

Author Topic: Address change while Form1(Trust route) is pending  (Read 1652 times)

monster

Address change while Form1(Trust route) is pending
« on: October 24, 2016, 08:38:12 pm »
I am coming relatively close to submitting my form 1 , but am in the process of buying a home and will move some time mid December. Would there be any harm in submitting now? Anyone move while their form 1 was pending? I will remain in Maricopa county. Thanks!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    Re: Address change while Form1(Trust route) is pending
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »
    Don't know about address changes but keep in mind that the average time for a response on a Form 1 right now is around 9 freaken months!  :shocked

I was in Merchant Firearms the other day and they had the times listed on the counter where they keep their silencers.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    Re: Address change while Form1(Trust route) is pending
    « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 09:35:20 pm »
    There is no legal requirement to notify the ATF of an address change as long as you're not moving to a new state.  But if you really want to inform them of your new address, you're supposed to use Form 20 (even though that's not exactly what it's for).

If you're moving to a new state, you MUST file a Form 20 and have it approved before you move your NFA items to your new home.

It sounds like your only concern is having your mail forwarded.  Just put in a change at the post office and you'll be fine I think.

Or if you know the address where you're moving to, and you're 100% certain you will be moving there, just use the new address.

-T.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement