Username: Password:

Author Topic: VEPR in 7.62 x 54r  (Read 2003 times)

altsehastiin

VEPR in 7.62 x 54r
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:29:44 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with these?  You can get them from some outfit called "centerfire systems" for $1200 with really bad unfinished furniture.  A couple other outfits import them too (Century and Atlantic I think).  I take it they are all manufactured by Molot in Russia.

With 7.62x54R still available, it would be nice to get something other than a Mosin to shoot it.  Slap a fiberforce "druganov style" thumbhole stock on one of these and it seems like they could be a lot of fun.

Link: http://centerfiresystems.com/VSB54R-23-01.aspx
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:33:14 pm by altsehastiin »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Classictruckman

Re: VEPR in 7.62 x 54r
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:32:33 pm »

J&G Sales up in Prescott has been carrying them off and on, pricing is about the same, but I believe the $1200 one they're selling is the "deluxe" hunting model....   I've contemplated one myself, mostly because of ammo prices, so little else you can buy in a .30 caliber that's priced anywhere near it. 

From everything I've read, its a slightly above average rifle for accuracy, the SVD's are supposed to be far superior, more in the "sniper quality" range, but good luck finding one of those anymore.
    Idealism is that which precedes experience...

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement