Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Armory in Tucson  (Read 4821 times)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
The Armory in Tucson
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »
Not sure if any of you Tucson guys frequent The Armory in Tucson but I have had nothing but good experiences with them...very knowledgeable and helpful.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

MesaGlocker

• Young Gun
    Re: The Armory in Tucson
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:59:29 pm »
    Couldn't agree more! They are definitely GTG!  :thumbup

I bought my Glock 19 from them about a year ago and have been going back ever since  :yes

popeye

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:04:37 pm »
    Haven't had the pleasure. Where exactly are they located? Always looking for new places to play.
    Popeye
    ADCS USN RET.

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:17:49 pm »
    I am going to be a party pooper here. I don't care for them.
    I called them and ask if they could order me a Colt AR. I talked to the owner. He said he could , so I went down to order it. All he did was try to talk me into the brand he sells. I told him I did not want that. He then supposedly ordered it. Every time I called for an update ( once a week ) he would say it wasn't available in the configuration I wanted. Then he would try to sell me one of the ones he sells. Every time I talked to the owner . After 3 months of waisted time I told them to forget it. I went to Sportsmans and got exactly what I wanted for $150 less than he quoted me.

My Brother in Law called him about a Glock 17. They told him they had the lowest prices in the state. He went down to buy one. It was $60 more than the store right next door.

I haven't been back.

MesaGlocker

• Young Gun
    « Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 06:34:41 pm »
    Haven't had the pleasure. Where exactly are they located? Always looking for new places to play.

Here is their website: http://www.thearmoryonpima.com

I am going to be a party pooper here. I don't care for them.
    I called them and ask if they could order me a Colt AR. I talked to the owner. He said he could , so I went down to order it. All he did was try to talk me into the brand he sells. I told him I did not want that. He then supposedly ordered it. Every time I called for an update ( once a week ) he would say it wasn't available in the configuration I wanted. Then he would try to sell me one of the ones he sells. Every time I talked to the owner . After 3 months of waisted time I told them to forget it. I went to Sportsmans and got exactly what I wanted for $150 less than he quoted me.

My Brother in Law called him about a Glock 17. They told him they had the lowest prices in the state. He went down to buy one. It was $60 more than the store right next door.

I haven't been back.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience... Was he pushing the Sionics rifle??

When I bought my Glock from them, I called around and they were indeed the lowest price in Tucson. Sounds like things have changed...  :(

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:57:00 pm »
    They are located almost right next door to Second Amendment Sports.  It is a really small store somewhat set back from the street.  It is a shame B. Therapy had a bad experience.. I guess it's like everything else it just depends on who you deal with.  I have had the same experience at other gun stores wanting to sell you what was in stock instead of what you ask for. 

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 07:24:22 pm »
    Yes it was the Sionics he was trying to sell me.
    Every time I talked with him he gave the same 10 minute speech about all the departments in the state that supposedly approved them.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 08:34:47 pm »
    I guess whether it is guns or cars or washing machines sales people just want to sell what they have in front of them.

MesaGlocker

• Young Gun
    « Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:53 pm »
    Yes it was the Sionics he was trying to sell me.
    Every time I talked with him he gave the same 10 minute speech about all the departments in the state that supposedly approved them.

Sionics is a Tucson based company and The Armory on Pima is their only authorized dealer in Tucson... My assumption would be that the store has a higher profit margin on those rifles compared to ones that have to be ordered...

I'm slightly disappointed in the shop for not ordering the gun you requested  :facepalm In my mind a sale is a sale and any profit is better than no profit!  :yes

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 07:31:57 am »
    He not only lost that sale . He also lost any future sales also.

I had basically the same experience with Black Weapons Armory.
    I gave them the money for an AR lower they were supposed to build for me and they never came through either.
    Both shops have lost my business for any future sales.

There are 3 stores in Tucson I will never step foot into again.
    The Armory
    Black Weapons
    Murphy's

MesaGlocker

• Young Gun
    « Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 07:45:34 am »
    He not only lost that sale . He also lost any future sales also.

I had basically the same experience with Black Weapons Armory.
    I gave them the money for an AR lower they were supposed to build for me and they never came through either.
    Both shops have lost my business for any future sales.

There are 3 stores in Tucson I will never step foot into again.
    The Armory
    Black Weapons
    Murphy's

Funny you mention those three stores, because I can honestly say I have not had a problem in any of them. But I think I am more the exception than the norm; I hear a lot of people have poor experiences at Murphy's especially!

The Armory on Pima: Bought my first Glock from them for the lowest price I could find in the area at the time.
    Black Weapons Armory: Torqued and staked the castle nut on my AR for free when I brought it into the shop. Normally only $10, but I thought it was a nice gesture...
    aaaand Murphy's: I bought a Ruger SR22 from them when no one else in Tucson had it in stock. Also got it for a great price! Plus I seem to find some of the best ammo prices here (other than Walmart).

I am not a fanboy or employee of either store, and I know for a fact you are not the only one with a less than pleasant experience with these shops... Like I said, I am the exception in this case, not the norm  :facepalm

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 08:34:57 am »
    30 years ago Murphy's was the best gun shop in Tucson and maybe the state but that is when Murphy's dad owned it.
    Now I would throw my guns away before I let Murphy touch them.

MesaGlocker

• Young Gun
    « Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 08:39:57 am »
    30 years ago Murphy's was the best gun shop in Tucson and maybe the state but that is when Murphy's dad owned it.

Good to know! I can now cross them off my list of possible gunsmiths  :shocked

ETA: Thanks for the heads up  ;D

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 09:07:58 am »
    I do not go to Second Amendment Sports because I was there once when a customer came in..obviously  a new person to shooting...and he asked for "bullets for a 38".  The sales person went to great lengths to humiliate this guy.  He asked if he wanted "bullets" and on and on.  Obviously he wanted ammunition for  a .38 not "bullets".   He racked this guy over the coals to show what a hot shot he was in his vast experience with firearms.  That is not the thing...in my opinion.. we should be doing if we want to encourage support for what we all like to do. The guy  left with nothing and the store lost a good opportunity to serve a future customer.   He won't be back there for sure...and neither will I.

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 10:30:26 am »

Good to know! I can now cross them off my list of possible gunsmiths  :shocked

ETA: Thanks for the heads up  ;D

There is only one gunsmith anywhere that I would recommend and that is Lawson's.
    I have been going there for 35+ years and have never had a problem.

Black_water

• Contributor
    « Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 11:36:03 am »
    I have done business with all of them.

I bought stuff from the owner of the Armory before he opened the store.  I had a good experience with him then, but haven't bought anything since.

I have only purchased accessories from them, never any firearms.  I have some friends that used to be pretty tight with those guys and won't do business with them anymore, but I don't have that experience.

Bought stuff from Murphy's and 2nd Amendment, never had an issue.
    Eric Philips of Young Americans for Liberty summed up the law.

Obamacare will have the efficiency of the Postal Service, the sustainability of Social Security and the compassion of the IRS,” he said

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement