Username: Password:

Author Topic: Something new and interesting . . .  (Read 7274 times)

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
Something new and interesting . . .
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:58:22 pm »
Apparently some former employees of T/C got together and formed a new company.  Their first offering is an inline muzzleloading rifle with enough new ideas to really make it stand out from the pack.  This is a pretty good looking rifle and the price is not over the top either.  They are apparently going to ship startiung in January.  Check it out at www.lhrsportingarms.com  or  http://lhrsportingarms.com/index.html

" A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                              Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    Re: Something new and interesting . . .
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:43:54 pm »
    Muzzle loaders are not my thing, but that does look awful pretty.  :woot

Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Amplifiedsoul

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:14 am »
    Never had any experience with muzzleloaders. Been thinking about checking one out. Looks pretty slick to me.

capcyclone

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:22:06 am »
    I've never been exposed to muzzleloaders - it would be an interesting angle to pursue at some point, but I currently don't have enough time to fully enjoy the modern firearms I have.  Hopefully some day I'll get a chance to explore muzzleloaders.  That is a beauty though. 

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

• Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:54:06 am »
    I have a muzzleloader revolver. No rifles  yet but my good friend has one that I have shot a few times. With the new advances in muzzleloaders it almost like a modern rifle. Cap, powder pellets, and a sabots make them shoot very tight groups   

gilacr

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 09:24:15 pm »
    I don't have any in-line muzzleloaders but I'm a traditional muzzleloader NUT!!! I have several flintlock and cap-n-ball rifles as well as handguns. I have taken several deer with my Pedersoli (Cabelas) Blue Ridge Flintlock. They are awsome and cheap to shoot. You can spend 4 hours at the range and still only go through 50 round but have a blast doing it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
     - Thomas Jefferson

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

• Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 04:08:52 pm »
    I love black powder. Yes it is cheap only due to lack of volume. The clean up holds me back from taking my BP revolver out more then once a year. Still thinking about a in-line though.

gilacr

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 04:41:29 pm »
    Try alcohol for clean up it really speeds up the process. I also make my own balls from waste lead and even have made my own powder.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
     - Thomas Jefferson

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

• Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 08:53:51 pm »
    I might have to get my BP out now, it is a new year and all. Ill give the alcohol a try thanks for the heads up.

skunkhollow

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 12:07:11 pm »
    Those of you who haven't tried BP are missing out. Since my son let me shoot his High plains .50 rifle, I've shot little else, and I now own a nice little collection of BP equipment.  I love it myself, and the only drawback is the cleaning end of it, but it's still worth it.

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 07:15:19 am »
    Here in NY for the next short interim, Center fire rifle has slowly been getting authorized for large game through the various counties.

Previously, large game could be harvested with Shotgun (slug) or Muzzle Loader only. So I followed in a friend's footsteps and picked up a cheap .50 cal Cabela's  (Traditions) Shenandoah-style side lock.

Some might consider that by using BP substitutes and Power Belt bullets, I don't really qualify as a BP user. That being as it may, this inexpensive firearm can be very surprisingly accurate. Last time I shot it, I was using Pyrodex RS Select, but any future shooting will be done using Triple Seven. It's just so much easier to clean up.

Greg
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 08:01:49 am »
    Try alcohol for clean up it really speeds up the process. I also make my own balls from waste lead and even have made my own powder.

What kind of alcohol ? 
    "Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

Intel6

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 08:48:51 am »
    I waited until  I found a stainless steel Ruger Old Army before messing with BP. Wasn't a big fan of the mess either but I discovered it is not too bad the way I do it. I keep a tiny Tupperware type container filled with window cleaner and a stack of big patches soaking in it.  I will take out a wet patch and clean the bore/chambers and wipe down the gun as I am shooting to keep the crap to a minimum and then when I get home dismantle it and drop it in a tub of hot soapy water. Scrub it down, rinse and hit the parts with a hair dryer to get rid of all the moisture.  Reassemble and spray with a light oil and wipe down, Done!

I cast my own balls and conicals and I am looking to get a heavier custom mould for it because the ROA's are so strong.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement