Username: Password:

Author Topic: Becareful and do your research!!!!  (Read 1621 times)

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
Becareful and do your research!!!!
« on: December 28, 2012, 09:23:05 am »
i recently caught word from a friend that someone we both know just decided to open a reloading company due to the recent situations. they just got there license and ins etc. now i know the owner and i wont mention the name until i test the product but HE HAS NEVER DROPPED ONE GRAIN OF POWDER UNTIL 1MONTH AGO and now hes claiming all this experience and selling bulk ammo on facebook. i asked a few simple questions and got the most ridiculous NOOB responses ive ever heard. Please be careful. do your research. ask challenging questions to make sure quality control is there and they know wht there doin. its a matter of time before he blows up somebodies gun. i can go into extreme detail but ill hold my tongue for now. just watch out for these garage company bulk reloaders. ticking time bomb
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
GLOCK Armorer

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    Re: Becareful and do your research!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:39:28 am »
    This is pretty much why I don't buy ammo from people in booths and stick to the large / major manufacturers. I recently tried two new companies that reload ammo and sell fairly cheaply. The first is Surefire Munitions, not related to the flashlight maker. I bought 100x 230gr .45ACP and 100x 115gr 9mm (both FMJ) and it looked to be made well and shot well. The second was Freedom Munitions; from them I ordered 500x 230gr .45ACP and 500x 115gr 9mm (both FMJ) and it has continued to work well. Haven't had major issues yet. Surefire in particular has several booths at the latest SAR show in Phoenix and not all of them were staffed by equally knowledgeable people. I agree that you should always be aware of what you are feeding into your guns-- not doing so is negligent. But for the most part you will find reputable folks out there. A good policy would be to try new ammo in small evaluation quantities first before ordering a full case or more. The usual buyer beware saying applies as always. Be an educated and aware consumer and you are much less likely to be had or swindled or harmed by a serious malfunction as a result.

Thank you for the heads up.
    « Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:41:46 am by ItWasntMe »
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 11:01:24 am »
    i heard the guys at swammo.com had a couple of there reloads have head case separations and damaged something so they replaced it for free. again this is my opinion and am not trying to slander a company. but wow i cant believe FB goobers buy into this crap.
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

idiotsayswhat

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:30:42 am »
    I've had good luck with the factory re-loads from MIWALL AMMO at the gun shows.  All 9mm / .40.  I sorta wish they'd sell online cause they sold out at the SAR show in the first day and I watched a lot of guys leave with empty carts Saturday because of it. 

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 02:10:47 pm »
    I've had good luck with the factory re-loads from MIWALL AMMO at the gun shows.  All 9mm / .40.  I sorta wish they'd sell online cause they sold out at the SAR show in the first day and I watched a lot of guys leave with empty carts Saturday because of it. 

MIWALL is fairly reputable.

-T.

Black Wolf CCW

• Facebook: Blackwolf Defense
      • Black Wolf Defense
    « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 04:44:59 pm »
    This is pretty much why I don't buy ammo from people in booths and stick to the large / major manufacturers.

Same Here, I use Miwall only for the reloads (if I get any).
    John
    Black Wolf Defense Firearms Training
    www.azccwclasses.com
    www.blackwolfccw.com
    (623) 694-0377
    Email: info@azccwclasses.com

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement