Username: Password:

Author Topic: We did Rifle, What about first Ever Pistol?  (Read 16057 times)

Iloveguns

Re: We did Rifle, What about first Ever Pistol?
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 05:10:44 pm »
My first pistol was a Browning Hi Power, but my first handgun was a Dan Wesson .357 with the pistol pac. 3 interchangeable barrels. I got it as a gift from the family when I graduated High School. As a kid all I wanted for Christmas was a single action revolver in .22. Never got it so imagine my surprise at graduation.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

lumpythetexan

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 03:16:12 pm »
    When I moved to Arizona about twenty years ago I bought a Glock 17 and now own nothing but 1911s.

Classictruckman

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 01:56:02 am »
    Ruger Single Action Convertible in .22 lr / .22 wmrf - with the 6 inch barrel.  The gun belonged to a friends older brother, but I managed to monopolize it every time we went varminting, awesome gun for jack rabbit hunting.   

But my first serious pistol was a Browning Hi Power 9mm, carried one for several years as a duty sidearm with four backup mags and loved it.  I also used a Colt Commander .45 ACP from time to time and loved the hitting power but really preferred the 9mm for carry capacity, since I was often alone in very remote places.   I also used a S&W 625 MP stainless in .45 Long Colt for serving warrants or entry duty, nothing like that .45 caliber bore staring down a perp, a gun I'd kill to have another of now, but just can't seem to find anywhere.

Now my primary sidearm is a H&K P30 V3 .40 S&W with a Kahr CW40 as a conceal carry or backup.   I also own a Glock 22 .40 S&W for those situations that I don't want to beat up my H&K.   And I have a Ruger LCP .380 for the, always got it with me, gun, you forget you even have the darn thing on ya.
    Idealism is that which precedes experience...

NumberJonny5

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »
    DOH!

Inches...   I must have missed the sift key.

Hard to convince people you can hit spent shotgun shells if you can't hit a shift key that is at your fingertips.

And here I thought I was one of the only people who have ever seen that movie. Cant help but to quote it when a friend gets a new rifle.

NumberJonny5

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 12:41:48 pm »
    Fairly new to gun ownership, 1st gun was purchased about 2 years ago from a friend's dad. Taurus .44 mag snubbed & hammerless. Trigger pull on that thing was ridiculous, but damn fun to shoot.... if you hit anything. ;D

Just got a Gen 4 Glock 17 as a wedding gift, so I ended up trading the .44 mag in for a Winchester 30-30. Looking to trade that in at a gun show sometime in the near future.

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 08:00:48 am »
    DOH!

Inches...   I must have missed the sift key.

Hard to convince people you can hit spent shotgun shells if you can't hit a shift key that is at your fingertips.

And here I thought I was one of the only people who have ever seen that movie. Cant help but to quote it when a friend gets a new rifle.

"Don't ever slap me. My mother slapped me....once." Love Johnny Dangerously
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

Azalps

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2012, 04:56:19 pm »
    In 1960 I bought a 25 auto pistol with pearl handles from a pawn shop. It would only shot the chambered cartridge, and not feed one from the mag. I put it in a box in my closet and don't know what happened to it. The first real pistol was in 1975 a Ruger 357 Security Six 4 in . Traded that 2 years later for a High Standard Citation Sportmatic with a bull barrel. That was stollen out of my pickup in my garage in Tucson in 1989.

conchshot

• "There is no judge more equitable than a cannon."
    « Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 02:51:02 pm »
    First pistol owned was a .44 cap and ball. Still have it along with a .36 cap and ball. Got a Springfield XDSC 9mm recently. First weapon I fired was my brother's Enfield rifle. That was cool. But even cooler was the 1917 Officers Model 45 revolver. Don't know what the load was but it knocked my over on the backside. Impressive for a ten-year-old. Dreamed of getting my brother's when he passed on... but his daughter said no--she was selling it. :facepalm

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #58 on: September 27, 2012, 04:57:02 pm »
    My first ever handgun was 1860 .44 black powder replica.  It took 28 grains of FFF if I remember correctly.  Every time I fired it I had to look to the side to see if I hit anything.  I can't imagine ever using one in combat...just too unreliable..at least in my hands.

Black Wolf CCW

• Facebook: Blackwolf Defense
      • Black Wolf Defense
    « Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 09:57:50 am »
    My first semi-auto was a Ruger P85, about a year I bought a Glock 17 (Gen1) and stayed with Glock as a primary gun since then. My first handgun was a Dan Wesson 6" 357.
    Black Wolf Defense Firearms Training
    www.azccwclasses.com
    www.blackwolfccw.com
    (623) 694-0377
    Email: info@azccwclasses.com

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 08:46:21 pm »
    First pistol owned was a .44 cap and ball. Still have it along with a .36 cap and ball. Got a Springfield XDSC 9mm recently. First weapon I fired was my brother's Enfield rifle. That was cool. But even cooler was the 1917 Officers Model 45 revolver. Don't know what the load was but it knocked my over on the backside. Impressive for a ten-year-old. Dreamed of getting my brother's when he passed on... but his daughter said no--she was selling it. :facepalm

I have a CVA 1860 army .44 replica that I ADORE. Honestly, if it were faster to reload and a bit lighter, it would be my edc...either I was born in the wrong century, or smokeless powder is just a passing fad....
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

john

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:15 pm »
    My first handgun was a Bersa 9UC, followed up quickyl with a Ruger SP101. Ended up trading away the Bersa due to limited funds to replace with with a Glock 26. Miss the Bersa, was a good gun

grumpyirish

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2012, 01:35:49 pm »
    A beat up old thomson 1911 .45  . She never let me down ,so sorry i had to sell her.

Comanchero

• Master of Disaster
    • Burning gas and slinging brass!
    « Reply #63 on: October 20, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »
    Ruger Mark II Target. Loved that pistol, should have never sold it.
    The friend that bought it from me 25 years ago still has it.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."

Samuel Adams.

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #64 on: October 21, 2012, 05:10:14 am »
    S&W 41Mag
    Tony / Mighty Arms

altsehastiin

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »
    Makarov in .380, way back in college.

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #66 on: October 26, 2012, 02:21:47 pm »
    A Stainless Beretta 92 identical to this one.
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

Psyprofaz

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2012, 04:43:37 pm »
    Bought a High Standard Supermatic CitationM 107 "way back" in the early 70's . Shortly after that, bought a Colt Gold Cup (series 70). Still own both of them and still shoot them on a regular basis.

SurpShot

• Proud Defender of History's Patriots
    « Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 07:00:14 am »
    A Stainless Beretta 92 identical to this one.

Love the grips. My brother just picked up some Hogue grips for his Beretta. 20 bucks and made the gun 100% better.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #69 on: November 25, 2012, 09:16:54 am »
    I got a good one! Grendel P-12 380. The predecessor to the Kel-tec 3-AT. Looks exactly the same. Made by the same guy who runs kel-tec now. They also had a P-10 model that had a built in magazine that you loaded by locking the slide and loading from top, kinda like sks or Garand style.   It was a fun little pistol. I now have an LC-9 which also resembles that lil Grendel, lost in time.

gilacr

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2012, 04:08:18 pm »
    S&W Model 10 38 spl.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
     - Thomas Jefferson

Langer

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2012, 05:00:12 pm »
    Mine was a Beretta model 92fs great shooting gun. Loved it!

LOC

• Revolver Driver
    • Wish you were here...
    « Reply #72 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:14 am »
    P-94 in .40 S&W. :thumbdown  It sucked SOOOOOOO bad that it put off of that cartridge to this day.  I know, I know it wasn't the ammo's fault... :no
    Liberals always talk about the best of intentions.  Conservatives just make it happen.  - Andrew Wilkow

deadeye

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2012, 08:41:31 am »
    my first hand gun was a ruger sr-9.  nice gun never had a problem with it.  it shoots anything i trow at it  :blink

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #74 on: November 28, 2012, 08:44:07 am »
    Glock 22 was my first pistol. I had several rifles and shotguns before I ever got a handgun.
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement