Username: Password:

Author Topic: 3-Gun shoots at Rio Salado  (Read 3294 times)

fuzioncore

3-Gun shoots at Rio Salado
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:28:52 pm »
Anyone ever attend these?

They are monthly on the 2nd Saturday of the month at $15/$17 (members/non-members) seems pretty cheap for some good fun (until you factor in ammo costs lol)

I am thinking about attending one of these but my shotguns are all Sporting clays competition shotguns thus do not have the ability to hold 8 shells lol. That and I only have 1911's (SA 45ACP and an RIA in 9mm)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    Re: 3-Gun shoots at Rio Salado
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:44:49 am »
    I stopped competition shooting long before these types of matches became popular, and I'm too old and broken to compete on that level now. I'll stick to 22 matches...

RetroG

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:34:15 am »
    I'd like to try one, but I don't even own a shotgun.

kydexwerks

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 01:00:58 pm »
    Im working my way up to 3 gun.

I need AR mag carriers, and i have no shell carriers.

Pickup a cheap 7+1 pump gun. Or spend a little more and pickup an autoloader 12ga.

mungmasterflash

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 12:16:58 pm »
    Rio sends out the match's stages a few days before the match. The shotgun is not always used, and sometimes is optional. It would be tough (doable) to run a shotgun stage with only 3 round capability. I say tough because potentially that's ALOT of reloading. Phoenix rod and gun just started two gun action challenge matches (YouTube it). They are very fun and much less dependent on gear. Many shooters use open sights. Some even run bolt guns!

This and other matches are just "local" matches. No one is there to win a car. It's a place to practice and learn, so shoot whatever you have!

Hogwylde

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 09:00:30 pm »
    Im working my way up to 3 gun.

I need AR mag carriers, and i have no shell carriers.

What do you need AR mag carriers for?  I've been shooting 3-gun/multigun for years and the only time I've needed multiple AR mags is when its part of a mandatory stage specified mag change.  If you DO need more than one (30 round) mag, throw it in your back pocket.

Shell carriers for your shotgun....that's a different story.  Even with a maximum 9 shot starting capacity, I still need anywhere from 8 to 25 extra rounds.  If your are good at speedloading, then shell carrier are to your advantage.  If you are slow as hell......just get a bandoleer for shotgun shells and you have more than enough.
    Be Polite, Be professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.  Gen James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

ericridebike

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:53:59 am »
    Getting ready to move to the area and hoping to try 3-Gun out there. I've done a couple local matches, but it's been a while. Anyone know what the typical target distances are for the rifle shots?

mungmasterflash

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 09:36:39 pm »
    5-600 yards max, but generally will only be a few targets this far. I would say the majority will be 2-300 yards.

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    3-Gun shoots at Rio Salado
    « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 12:24:33 pm »
    Not that I can "Run" but I'd like to "Gun" a little. Don't have a 16" AR in 5.56, I have a Mini...but plenty of 20 &30 rd Mag's and even a few 40's! Pistol I'm pretty set at, but I'm still learning the Shotgun...id prefer a "2" Gun match with a Pistol and a 308 where you need to hit targets beyond 250 yds. consistently, with some targets beyond 500 Yds....

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement