Username: Password:

Author Topic: CYBER MONDAY $499 VORTEX Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP  (Read 5582 times)

martin

CYBER MONDAY $499 VORTEX Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP
« on: November 29, 2015, 12:23:38 am »
Vortex Optics Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP with EBR-1 MRAD Reticle  $499 + FREE SHIPPING

AMAZON - Temp out of stock but will take order & charge when shipped 56% price cut

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AQOZ5M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Looks like left over black friday thru cyber monday

IN NEED OF A GUN WHEN I CAN'T reach for 911

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    Re: CYBER MONDAY $499 VORTEX Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP
    « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:51:40 am »
    Wow, that is one hell of a deal. Normally ~$900. A deal like this makes me wonder. I don't actually have the rifle to mount this to yet. This may make me go buy said rifle.
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 07:39:13 am »
    Ordered one. Let's see what Amazon does...

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:42:07 am by ItWasntMe »

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 07:40:57 am »
    very nice. thats a damn good deal
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 07:42:36 am »
    very nice. thats a damn good deal
    Yeah. I've been staring these and other Vortex models down for a long time.

We'll see what happens with Amazon honoring this price. It is my bet that they set aside a specific number of units for this price point and the rest are at the normal price (with 11 still in stock according to their system). I'll probably just put it on my Ruger Scout for now if it actually gets fulfilled. Worth the try!

Crusher

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 10:40:39 am »
    Thank you. I'm in on this as well.  I sure hope they honor that price.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 12:07:19 pm »
    I was ordering a bunch of junk on Amazon (a griddle, some guitar strings, etc) when I happened to spot that scope when I was checking out some gun stuff. I also put it on my order so I'll see if they wind up honoring it.

It seems like it will be take a bunch of backorders to get these scopes to everyone but as far as honoring the price you have to realize Amazon has some huge buying power so I sure they will honor the price.  The problem is if everyone can wait out a few months until they get the scopes.  For me, at least, the scope will be an upgrade for a precision rifle that has a 1" scope tube so I can wait.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

martin

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 11:59:31 pm »
    The price went up to $899 a few hours ago ...  11 scopes available  :confused

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 05:31:50 am »
    The price went up to $899 a few hours ago ...  11 scopes available  :confused
    That's the normal price. This was a lightning deal.

martin

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 12:02:44 am »
    10 left in stock & a new price of $895 today ...  This means we all have our orders filled & incoming  :confused

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 08:30:01 am »
    10 left in stock & a new price of $895 today ...  This means we all have our orders filled & incoming

No, I don't think so.  At least in my case anyway.  My order was "Sold and fulfilled by Amazon" while those scopes that show in cureent stock are from another vendor.  Those are "Sold by Bois Blanc Sports and fulfilled by Amazon" so I think we still have to wait until Amazon's backorder gets filled.  They certainly can't bring these in from outside vendors and sell them at the low price we paid on the Cyber Monday deal.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 10:20:28 am »
    10 left in stock & a new price of $895 today...
    This means we all have our orders filled & incoming  :confused
    No. What most likely happened is they had limited stock (Amazon.com themselves is selling and fulfilling this optic) and they allowed backorders to continue at that price-point. The ones you see in stock still are from other sellers on Amazon.com (regardless of who is fulfilling the order--several are fulfilled by Amazon.com). Just be patient. They'll get more in stock and fulfill it in the order they were received.

Presently, I get this on homepage:
    On Order: 1 item, Next Delivery: Dec 30 - Jan 13

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 07:05:42 am »
    Actually, Kenzie's Optics is selling the product and they are using Amazons bin space to ship from. Amazon does not own the product.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »
    Actually, Kenzie's Optics is selling the product and they are using Amazons bin space to ship from. Amazon does not own the product.
    That's just the seller that is presently showing up for the product on the main page now, but when we ordered it, it was sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com as one of their lightning-type deals. So despite Amazon having it in their warehouse for Kenzie's Optics, it's not really Amazon.com's stock to use to fulfill our orders as that shelf-space and those products are reserved for Kenzie's Optics (or other sellers).

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 07:48:26 pm »
    That's just the seller that is presently showing up for the product on the main page now, but when we ordered it, it was sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com as one of their lightning-type deals.

Yep, now they're listing sold by Kenzie's and before that it was sold by Bois Blanc.  The price where they were so cheap was when the scope was sold by Amazon. It'll be worth the wait. I really don't care if it takes from the end of November to the end of January to ship if its a smokin' deal like that.
    Thomas Jefferson

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 07:52:08 pm »
    That's just the seller that is presently showing up for the product on the main page now, but when we ordered it, it was sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com as one of their lightning-type deals. So despite Amazon having it in their warehouse for Kenzie's Optics, it's not really Amazon.com's stock to use to fulfill our orders as that shelf-space and those products are reserved for Kenzie's Optics (or other sellers).
    Ah, I didn't know it changed sellers.
    Usually it will say out of stock for the original link...

Amazon can ask the other sellers that have product in their warehouse if they can sell their product to fulfill their needs though. I saw that a lot when I handled inventory shortages there...but then again that was a couple years ago....so things might have changed.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:28 am »
    Anyone else gotten an update on these scopes from Amazon lately?

They sent me an update email today but it was to inform me that they now have NO estimated date of delivery. So it doesn't look like a January ship date for mine any longer. It was the following "Shipment Delay" email with no estimated fulfillment date:

"We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We'll make every effort to get the delayed item to you as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'm certainly not complaining as it'll be worth the wait but was just wondering what others estimated delivery is now showing.
    Thomas Jefferson

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 05:28:04 pm »
    Nope. No update.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement