Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Redhawk caliber.  (Read 1755 times)

Iocona

New Redhawk caliber.
« on: January 22, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »
  The first revolver I ever bought was a Ruger Blackhawk in 41 mag.  Bought it at a Skaggs drug store back in the good old days when even some gas stations sold ammunition.  Well that revolver is long gone but I see over on Gunblast that Ruger is offering, through Gallery of Guns, a 4 inch Redhawk in 41 mag.  Hmmmm, I like 4 inch Redhawks.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    Re: New Redhawk caliber.
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:38:23 pm »
    41 Magnum is a fun round. :thumbup
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:51 pm »
    WOW - Been looking for a new wheel gun.  Had a Redhawk in 44mag 6" barrel.  Sold it because It would hurt everybody that shot it including me.  Whats the recoil like on one of these 41 cal items ?

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »
    Whats the recoil like on one of these 41 cal items ?

Heavy in my opinion, but not so bad you want to throw the gun away.

I like mine (Ruger Blackhawk) a great deal.  Jesse turned me on to .41 mag a couple years back and now I'm hooked.

-T.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 10:19:50 pm »
    Concerning the recoil: I could never really tell much difference in recoil between full charge loads of the 41 mag and the 44 mag. I mostly shot Smith Model 57's and Model 29's and really couldn't tell much difference in the recoil between them.  The 41 magnum likely shoots a bit flatter than the 44 but I never saw much difference in the recoil.

Now if the loads where reduced you might notice a bit more of a difference since the 41 is usually a 210 grain bullet instead of a normal 44 loads using 240 grain bullets but in full charge loads both pretty hefty recoilers.  Its one of the reasons, when I started to cut down and simplify calibers, I dropped the 41 magnum and sold off my set of Model 57's and most of my 41 supplies. There isn't much difference between the 41 and 44 mag so I kept my 44's since they're so much more popular with more guns, ammo and components. The 41 is an interesting caliber but there is a reason for its lack of popularity.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement