Username: Password:

Author Topic: Real Sad!  (Read 6546 times)

428CJ

• Contributor
Real Sad!
« on: February 03, 2016, 05:56:18 pm »
Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

JK357

Re: Real Sad!
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:21:46 pm »
    This is our future ?
     :no

tknoll

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 06:25:11 pm »
    Indeed it is!
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns!!!"

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:15:34 pm »
    Good thing she didn't ask those kids a really difficult question like "In what year was the start of the war of 1812?"?  :facepalm  :facepalm  :facepalm
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 07:46:13 pm »
    I've seen this around today, complete with accompanying comments.  I find it amusing that the people decrying these intellectual crimes far outnumber the people committing them by orders of magnitude.

I'd like to see the full interviews with everyone they interviewed rather than just the cherry picked clips.

-T.

428CJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 08:13:12 pm »
    I've seen this around today, complete with accompanying comments.  I find it amusing that the people decrying these intellectual crimes far outnumber the people committing them by orders of magnitude.

I'd like to see the full interviews with everyone they interviewed rather than just the cherry picked clips.

-T.
    So would I.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 08:21:34 pm »
    Personally I'm thinking that the unedited version of this video would be boring by comparison.   :whistle

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 08:40:00 pm »
    Perhaps... Brangelina started the Civil War.

I'll edit Wikipedia tonight. :imout
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:42:01 pm by ItWasntMe »
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 03:04:48 am »
    Good thing she didn't ask those kids a really difficult question like "In what year was the start of the war of 1812?"?  :facepalm  :facepalm  :facepalm
      Oh shit ... dont tell me , I know this , DAMM .........I just had it . :confused
    Tony / Mighty Arms

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 10:57:05 am »
    That's really troubling. If we don't learn from past history, we are doomed to repeat it :(
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

N.M.Edmands

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 11:17:51 am »
    No big deal, in this epoch we know that history is always changing. I know this because I have the INTERNET! :coffee
    Nat
    Politics is spherical; the only choice is which side of many to choose.
     But because politics is spherical there are only 2 sides--inside or outside.
     If I wish to maintain sanity I must choose outside.

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 11:43:11 am »
    ^Good point.^ :thumbup
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 12:16:01 pm »

-T.

Maybe there is some cherry picking going on, but its amazing even that there are people who have no idea who our Vice President is !    :facepalm
    "Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »
    I have always thought that 2 years of college or trade school should be available to all citizens, (with a catch)...

The catch? All citizens should be required to serve one year active duty in our armed forces, followed by 3 years of reserve service. Why?

It will give them the structure & discipline needed to be successful in their endeavor's to come. Bonus: it's damn hard to be a chicken hawk and send kids off to war when one of them could be yours. ;)
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

lesptr

Real Sad!
    « Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 01:02:57 pm »
    You may be on to something there. I flunked out of college after 2 years of partying. I then  joined the Army. When I went back to school, I maintained a 4.0 GPA till graduation. The second time around, I knew why I was there.

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 06:06:34 pm »
    I have always thought that 2 years of college or trade school should be available to all citizens, (with a catch)...

The catch? All citizens should be required to serve one year active duty in our armed forces, followed by 3 years of reserve service. Why?

It will give them the structure & discipline needed to be successful in their endeavor's to come. Bonus: it's damn hard to be a chicken hawk and send kids off to war when one of them could be yours. ;)

^^^^ This! ^^^^  :thumbup

Kronos

• Han shot first!
    « Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 12:51:23 am »

It will give them the structure & discipline needed to be successful in their endeavors to come. Bonus: it's damn hard to be a chicken hawk and send kids off to war when one of them could be yours. ;)

I think it would also give them some much-needed perspective. I encounter a lot of Americans from my generation who have a very undeserved sense of entitlement to just about everything in life. A similar idea I hear often is to require them to spend at least a year working a minimum wage, entry level job - retail, food, customer service, manual labor, etc.

On a related note, Mike Rowe (of the TV show Dirty Jobs) has always been an outspoken critic of the whole "Work Smart, Not Hard" campaign. I think he has a lot of good points to make, and can do so with more eloquence and knowledge on the matter than I can.

You may be on to something there. I flunked out of college after 2 years of partying. I then  joined the Army. When I went back to school, I maintained a 4.0 GPA till graduation. The second time around, I knew why I was there.

This. I always hated school and, while I never flunked out, I could've put a lot more effort into it (there were tons of other factors involved, but I digress). After high school I went directly into a full-time, minimum wage, retail job. I continued working in different (often similarly underappreciated) industries for several more years before I had the time and money to get back in school.

Now I know what I do and don't want to become, and it probably helps that I'm paying to be there - with my own money that I earned working, which I guess is a crazy and foreign concept to my generation. :ohmy And on top of that, I have a whole new appreciation for those that work in the industries I've worked in. Nowadays it takes a whole lot of bullshit for me to even think about catching an attitude with a salesman, waiter, security guard, etc.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 05:58:10 am »
    I have always thought that 2 years of college or trade school should be available to all citizens, (with a catch)... The catch? All citizens should be required to serve one year active duty in our armed forces, followed by 3 years of reserve service. [...]
    Conscription is perfectly fine then? I'm not in favor of that.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 02:25:55 pm »
    You make a valid point. However, we technically already have it. It's called the draft registry. As we speak there are plans to apply it to females also. So in the future, all 18 year olds will be required under penalty of law to register for the draft, (aka) conscription.

Never said its a fair world we live in. My suggestion would, IMHO make our country more fair on the application of troops in wars. Let's be honest, most of our recent wars have not been fought by rich, affluent kids.

Or to spin it another way: if we see now, very little interest in the troops fighting abroad by the general public, can you imagine the outcry the next time some DB in D. C. Wants to send yours & mine and most of the public's kids into a half @$$ war? 

Things change quickly when everyone has skin in the game.

Don't get me wrong, some wars need to be fought. I can personally say, I would think longer & harder about sending my daughter into a war than simply seeing someone else's child go, even though I would sympathize with their angst. That's the brutal truth, as I see it.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:29:02 pm by FreeInAZ »

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 04:24:31 pm »

I agree.

I'd maybe be in favor of free education with the caveat that your education must be in an area that benefits the society that paid for it. Want to be an attorney?  Then you'll spend time in legal aid.  Want to be a doctor?  Then you'll spend some time working free clinics.  Want to be a welder, mechanic, or some other tradesman? Ok, you'll spend some time applying your new skills towards infrastructure projects or the like.

Want to be an philosopher or artist?  That's fine too. But you pay for that.

Not in favor of conscription though, not for any reason.

-T.

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 07:40:20 pm »
    Personally I am against any sort of "free" education.  Why?  Because A: contrary to Bernie Sanders opinion, there is no such thing as free and B:People tend to appreciate things more when they have to invest something of themselves to get it.  If college is free then we can expect to see more and more "professional students" who collect numerous degrees just because they are free.  In addition we can see people getting thoroughly useless degrees since they were "easy".

What this nation needs are doctors, engineers, scientists, accountants, service people, and laborers.  In my opinion what we don't need are large numbers of people who graduate with advanced degrees in art history, literature, and romance languages.   :facepalm

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 07:57:08 pm »
    If its free...people will be stupid...

They dont care when its free.....they care when they pay for it themselves..

I graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA
    i graduated college with a 3.86

My friend did do shit in college when his parents were paying for it...he was bouncing between majors left and right for almost 6 years...
    Parents had enough so he had to pay for it himself...now he designs airports worldwide...
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:59:38 pm by LuckyLeaky »

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 07:48:26 am »
    You make a valid point. However, we technically already have it. It's called the draft registry. As we speak there are plans to apply it to females also. So in the future, all 18 year olds will be required under penalty of law to register for the draft, (aka) conscription.  [...]
    Countries that do have it have so many exceptions that probably only about half "called upon" actually serve. And they don't serve for the same amount of time or get the same level of tasks once in--women tend to serve a few years less than men. It's never applied equally because it's never a perfect world.

That aside, not a fan of conscription.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement