Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thinking of fleeing the PRC, your thoughts?  (Read 3624 times)

hikingwithguns

Thinking of fleeing the PRC, your thoughts?
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:00:54 am »
Hello, I'm a California native here and I'm thinking of applying for political refugee status in Arizona  ;-D

I have been looking at some work in the Tuscon area. Currently living on the central coast of cali and I'm getting tired of the gun-hating, hunter hating crowd here. I'm getting tired of the laws here, right now the ca legislature is trying to ban all semi-auto rifles. Anti-hunters are working on coyote hunting bans, and they have booted all the pro-hunting members off the fish and game commission. I'm pretty open about being a hunter and AR owner so I get a lot of hate, people leaving notes on my truck, screaming at me if I wear a hunting shirt and so on. Individually each instance is kind of funny, but it adds up and its obvious I am no longer welcome in the Peoples Republic of California.

And don't get me started on taxes, illegals voting, illegals getting drivers licenses, all people are equal but some people are more equal than others, feel good laws, eminent domain, oppressive smogging regulations on trucks, gas taxes and on and on.

Anyway, thinking of moving to a state filled with like minded individuals. How is the environment for gun owners/hunters in the Tuscon area?

How is the hunting in Arizona? Is it possible to get a deer tag every year? How is the Coues deer hunting, I'm used to hunting the small, sneaky blacktail so I think I would enjoy the challenge of the grey ghost.

How is the NFA process these days?

Oh and I am a registered republican and I promise to vote 100% republican (and I always have).
“Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.” Joe Biden

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    Re: Thinking of fleeing the PRC, your thoughts?
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 10:08:45 am »
    Tucson is more liberal than the Phoenix area, but still pretty pro-gun and pro-hunting down there. You can get drawn every year for white tail, in some units (36b for example) and you know they are a challenging hunt. The area is close to the border though, so that turns some people off. You will most likely see a lot of border patrol and some illegals. We've called some in. Getting Elk tags is a bit harder, but it happens. If you ever want to hunt sheep or antelope, I suggest putting in for it every year or at least buying the points. They are pretty hard to get drawn for.

NFA process is pretty standard. Its changing with 41p, but getting CLEO signoff has never been an issue here. You can hunt with suppressors here, and no mag limits (except things like migratory birds, still have the same shotgun limit).

.:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

JesseL

• Sr. Contributor
      • Lambert Gunworks LLC
    « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:10:44 am »
    Tucson is one of the more liberal areas of the state - but in terms of attitudes towards hunting and gun ownership it's still going to be worlds better than California.

I like your handle by the way :thumbup

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:14:02 am »
    Welcome ..  :thumbup  I fled Cali back in the 70s and never looked back , you will love it here .
    Tony / Mighty Arms

Sig_pilot

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 10:20:06 am »
    I fled the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia 2 weeks ago. Best decision I ever made!
    God bless America. Except California. Screw California.

hikingwithguns

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:28 am »
    Tucson is more liberal than the Phoenix area, but still pretty pro-gun and pro-hunting down there. You can get drawn every year for white tail, in some units (36b for example) and you know they are a challenging hunt. The area is close to the border though, so that turns some people off. You will most likely see a lot of border patrol and some illegals. We've called some in. Getting Elk tags is a bit harder, but it happens. If you ever want to hunt sheep or antelope, I suggest putting in for it every year or at least buying the points. They are pretty hard to get drawn for.

NFA process is pretty standard. Its changing with 41p, but getting CLEO signoff has never been an issue here. You can hunt with suppressors here, and no mag limits (except things like migratory birds, still have the same shotgun limit).

Thanks for the info. I'm used to a challenging hunt. I have county sheriff on my cell phone for the illegal pot growers out here, guess I will just have to change that to border patrol number hehe.

Mostly interested in deer/javelina for now. Elk are big and I would need some help getting one of those out. Forgot to mention I bow hunt as well.
    “Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.” Joe Biden

hikingwithguns

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:40:01 am »
    Tucson is one of the more liberal areas of the state - but in terms of attitudes towards hunting and gun ownership it's still going to be worlds better than California.

I like your handle by the way :thumbup

Thanks, its an old joke about hunting ill-managed, over pressured public lands in California. We're not hunting, we're hiking with guns.

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 10:43:05 am »
    When I lived in Tucson, I used to hunt 36b every year for pigs and deer. Its rough area, low desert and lots of hills. I usually hunt up in the mountains now that I am older and prefer to camp in the pine trees. I put in for pigs close to the east valley of Phoenix now, since its a low priority for me and its more about "hiking with guns" than success. There is a *great* butcher in Tucson. He makes those stink pigs into some excellent sausage. I forget his name offhand, but if you do move there and want the name, shoot me a message and I will get it for you from my friends down south. I haven't lived there for 16 years, but I was highly disappointed with the one I used up here last time.
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    Thinking of fleeing the PRC, your thoughts?
    « Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 10:58:52 am »
    We got out in 1970 when my Dad got transferred to Phoenix by Ive Been Moved.
    IBM
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 07:40:43 pm »
    Welcome to AZGO! 8)

I'm also an escapee of Commiefornia.  I bailed back in 1978 and have never looked back...
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

ronin047

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 09:21:16 pm »
    Welcome to the "free" world!  :thumbup

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 09:26:41 pm »
    Glad you're thinking about joining us.   :thumbup   Just wipe your shoes on the mat before entering.    ;-)
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    « Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 03:53:33 am »
    Welcome In advance!! We're glad to have you. Are you on cal guns by any chance? I heard of a guy over there through an ex partner who is a member( podcast partner) of a guy with your handle.....

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 06:51:53 am »
    Welcome to the site.

I'm sure we'll find your papers in order at the border.
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

hikingwithguns

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 08:19:59 am »
    Thanks all.

Yup I am on Calguns and Jesses with the same handle. Haven't done any podcasts though. Calguns is ridiculous, I prefer Jesses where they keep the trolls in check and ban antis. But Calguns does have the best info about calis latest gun grab attempts.

Took a look at the hunt arizona publication, unit 33 looks interesting.
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:18:26 am by hikingwithguns »

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 09:18:23 am »
    Welcome. :thumbup
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

JT

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 05:01:37 pm »
    As a political refugee I refer to it as the Peoples Republik of Kaifornistan, home of the Kalibanners. When I retired I snuck across the border into the Free State of Arizona. Best move I ever made but I did not have to look for work. I live at Lake Havasu and I like to paddle over to the PRK side and pee on it. Otherwise I try to avoid going there or through it.
    Patron NRA GOA AZCDL

hikingwithguns

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 08:39:39 am »
    Thanks guys.

Just got the word, will be inbound to freedom soon.  :thumbup

teddyearp

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 11:03:48 am »
    As another one who escaped the CSSR, you will be very happy.  As another said though, make sure you wipe the dust off your feet at the river.  You will want to shed the rest of your CSSR trappings ASAP as well.

You know, bullet buttons, ten round only mags, license plates. . .

And the CSSR does not have the market on natural beauty either. Just wait until you see ALL of Arizona, do not just limit yourself to the valley. . .

qkarl

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »
    Welcome from Tucson! Plenty of gun people here and the haters aren't dumb enough to mess with you, though hikers (we have a lot of out of state hikers coming here) do call cops on rifle open carriers on the popular trails.

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:03 pm »
    Welcome to Free AZ!  :thumbup

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement