Username: Password:

Author Topic: Arizona shooting locations map  (Read 73408 times)

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
Re: Re: Arizona shooting locations map
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:28 am »
Can't shoot within city limits.  Can't shoot on State Trust Land.  Can't shoot across a road, trail, or wash.  Can't shoot with 500 yards of an occupied structure.

State and local lands are typically closed to shooting.  Federal land like BLM land and National Forests are pretty much all that's left.  And even some of those are closed.

-T.

Nice info!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
    Re: Arizona shooting locations map
    « Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 12:06:43 am »
    We could do cleanup events after going to the shoot and cleaning up all the brass and trash we find. Maybe put a sign up, cleaned by the members of azgo?

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
    « Reply #52 on: March 07, 2013, 12:56:24 am »
    I like this! Kind of like Adopt a Highway. Adopt a shooting spot and clean it up.

Exactly. This is what I was thinking. I am in a fraternity and we adopted a street in tempe. We clean it up and keep it safe (as good as we can). Maybe we can work together on something like that for a nice spot.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 11:14:28 am »
    Exactly. This is what I was thinking. I am in a fraternity and we adopted a street in tempe. We clean it up and keep it safe (as good as we can). Maybe we can work together on something like that for a nice spot.

We've considered this in the past.  Organized cleanups are absolutely on the table.  And we do currently do mini cleanups after our shoots.

Signs however require permission from the governing body (usually BLM or the Forest Service).  That's a little problematic.  We'll look into it though.

-T.

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
    « Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 12:40:31 am »
    We've considered this in the past.  Organized cleanups are absolutely on the table.  And we do currently do mini cleanups after our shoots.

Signs however require permission from the governing body (usually BLM or the Forest Service).  That's a little problematic.  We'll look into it though.

-T.

Sounds good. Let us know if we can help i am sure someone knows somebody here ;)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 06:54:22 am »
    Down here  in Tucson BLM does periodic cleanups of the shooting sites.  When they do they  ask for volunteers and usually get quite a few.  The only problem with  this is there notifications are always  on a  BLM website that no one looks at. I need to look at  where that notifications is posted.

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #56 on: April 12, 2013, 07:13:30 am »
    They opened a new shooting park in Fort Mohave, AZ. It's called Tri-State Shooting park. Located at the 7 mile marker on Boundary Cone Road on the way to Oatman. For questions call 702-371-1532 or 928-704-0274. I wish I knew how to add it to the map. Admins please help! Cost of membership is $25 includes your spouse and children under 18! Finally a deal in these times of rapeage!    :yes

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 10:37:02 am »
    I can see a few sites out there on Google Maps. 

Which is it?  Do they have a website?

-T.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 10:48:09 am »
    There is a nice little desert spot up by the Anthem Outlets. Has about 3 inlets that would allow for maybe 4 groups of shooters per inlet. Nice mountain backstop as well...

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 10:58:20 am »
    Can you grab a link from Google Maps of the spot?

-T.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #60 on: April 12, 2013, 11:01:03 am »
    Well I was going to but it seems that I am not computer literate today. If you type Purcell Tank Phoenix Arizona into Google Maps it should come up for you. The actual location is to the right as you will see the 3 inlets I talked about. This is NOT car friendly.  I know it shows a type of roadway...but last time I was up there it was pretty tore up.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #61 on: April 12, 2013, 11:02:22 am »
    Oh and don't be alarmed by the Prison in the background  :-\

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 11:12:49 am »
    Ah.  I know the area you're talking about.

The problem is that it's right on the border or BLM and State Trust Land.  The hill is BLM, the land north of it is State Trust.  So technically you'd be shooting on State Trust Land with your rounds landing on BLM Land.

Questionable if that's legal.  Realistically you could probably get away with it, but if someone wanted to give you a hard time, maybe even fine/jail you, they'd probably be able to.

-T.

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 11:13:38 am »
    I can see a few sites out there on Google Maps. 

Which is it?  Do they have a website?

-T.

I'll be going there later today to check it out. I will lock in the GPS coordinates and post them for you. They have no website from what I understand but the land was developed by Game and Fish I believe. We had Governor Brewer down here for the opening and everything from what I was told. Don't know if she made it because I think I was in Texas at the time
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:15:50 am by RugerDave »

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 11:17:59 am »
    Ah.  I know the area you're talking about.

The problem is that it's right on the border or BLM and State Trust Land.  The hill is BLM, the land north of it is State Trust.  So technically you'd be shooting on State Trust Land with your rounds landing on BLM Land.

Questionable if that's legal.  Realistically you could probably get away with it, but if someone wanted to give you a hard time, maybe even fine/jail you, they'd probably be able to.

-T.

I want to say that I have been out there and had the BLM roll up and all the did was ask that we clean up after ourselves. I am not sure if it was there or the place I used to go out by Florence. Yah I know ....Big gap...HA

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 11:19:49 am »
    Possibly.  As I said, it's right on the line. 

I may add it to the map with a cautionary word.

-T.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 11:34:54 am »
    Here's an aerial view of the area with a BLM boundary overlay (attached).

As you can see, BLM Land is the second two inlets, and only barely.  The everything outside the shaded area is State Trust.

-T.

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 07:35:23 am »
    Here is the exact location to Tri-State Shooting park in Mohave Valley-Fort Mohave. It's like right on the line of the two towns.

34.99012  -114.47511

I hope this helps. I think only Trig and I are from Mohave County on this site. I posted a few times but no one responded from Mohave County. I spread the word and roll with my bumper stickers but I still see no one from my area. I will definitely spread the word when I head down today. Maybe if they have a bulletin board I'll stick a sticker on it so people will get the word

theultimatehic

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:29 am »
    Luckyleaky we shoot at same spot. That place has been used for shooting for last ten years. Before that i use to hunt bird out there. The enforcement won't bother you bout shooting at that spot unless you give them a reason. You can enter using anthem way or pioneer road. enforcement will come and sit at the exit that goes onto pioneer road sometimes but I've only seen then messing with the a  holes. But nonetheless you are definitely on a fine line if you go west of the first two inlets. I usually won't shoot in the further west spots but on a busy day out there I'll go to another spot very close to there. And i took my Cadillac out there once. And yes its very possible but you need to know what paths to take so if you go out there and aren't familiar with the roads your gonna want a truck or suv because you won't find these easy paths to easily lol you'll destroy your car taking the regular path.
    I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it!

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #69 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:55 am »
    This is a clip I found about the Tri-State Shooting Park just opened here in Mohave Valley.

http://www.needlesdesertstar.com/articles/2013/04/17/news/local/sports994.txt

Wingman709

• This Xbox Life
    « Reply #70 on: May 30, 2013, 09:53:06 pm »
    Does anyone know if there is a shooting area in the Pinetop/Lakeside/Show Low area?  I found a vague reference via a Google search to a place of some road but I am not sure I want to trust the internet to send me out in the middle of nowhere.  You know how strange people can be in forums.   ;D  Seriously, if anyone knows of a legal place to shoot up there, I would love to know.  I will continue scouring the interwebs, but I trust the crew here.  Thanks.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #71 on: May 30, 2013, 10:27:59 pm »
    If it's in the national forest, not within city limits, and more than 500 yards from an occupied structure, you should be good.

However, fire restrictions are in effect in many places in Arizona.  These restrictions usually include shooting.  So you'll want to check that.

-T.

Wingman709

• This Xbox Life
    « Reply #72 on: May 30, 2013, 10:37:01 pm »
    If it's in the national forest, not within city limits, and more than 500 yards from an occupied structure, you should be good.

However, fire restrictions are in effect in many places in Arizona.  These restrictions usually include shooting.  So you'll want to check that.

-T.

Thanks.  I am looking around.  I emailed The Southwest Shooting Authority of Arizona (gun shop in Show Low) and hope to hear back from them if they have an indoor range (does not look like it).  The only other place I see indoor is Arizona Shooting Range and they have horrible reviews (and lots of them) so I plan to skip them.  Hopefully I can find a place to go.  Hopefully I can shoot outdoors, but I expect there to be the same restrictions up there as there are here.  Oh well, I gotta try.  Thanks for the help T.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

K

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »
    << redacted >>

Verified 6/5/13. BLM. Posted with rules for shooting and limits on off-road vehicles away from hillside used as backstop. Entire north end of this hill/ridge is often used by NW side residents. This is just one of four or five draws to shoot up into.

Be sure to check for others in the area. There is a residence on the far SW side of the ridge. Recommend Google Maps satellite view so you can see where that structure is.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:32:03 am by Thernlund »

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 05:23:20 pm »
    Good deal.  I'll add it.   :thumbup

-T.

EDIT:  Done.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:26:08 pm by Thernlund »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement