Username: Password:

Author Topic: NFA Paperwork Question  (Read 2882 times)

TacticalShadow

NFA Paperwork Question
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
I'm new to the process of getting a suppressor, I am aware of the long wait I have ahead of me, but I have a question hopefully someone on here can help me with. And to start, no, I did not go the route of a trust.
The FFL I'm purchasing through told me I need to take my form to my local police department to have it signed off on, he also recommended calling ahead to see if there is a best day/time to bring it in. I called the Chandler PD headquarters and got passed between 4 or 5 different people who didn't understand the process of getting an NFA application signed off on. The last person told me that she didn't know of anyone there that could sign off on it and I needed to talk to the Arizona DPS.
Is this correct? Do I just need to go into the Chandler PD and drop it off??
I really appreciate any help!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    Re: NFA Paperwork Question
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:19:29 pm »
    You're in Maricopa County.  You need to go to the MCSO office in Downtown Phoenix.  The address is 111 S. 3rd Ave.  The ATF unit is on the second floor.

You'll need to fill out their packet and get a fingerprint card done by MCSO.  The fingerprints on the third floor if I recall correctly.  The packet is here with included directions...

https://www.mcso.org/General/Civil/ATF_Applicant.pdf

When you go to the third floor for fingerprints, those people don't usually understand why you're there and they're quick to point out they they don't sell fingerprint cards.  Just tell them it's for an ATF application on the 2nd floor.  Have cash for the fee ($7 I think).

Make sure to bring a passport photo and TWO copies of your paperwork.

It doesn't really matter what time you go.  You'll have to drop off the paperwork and come back at a later date to pick it up when they call you.

-T.

TacticalShadow

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:18:26 pm »
    Thank you very much.
    That helps out a lot!  :thumbup

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

• Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 11:41:44 pm »
    Isn't the CLEO signature no longer required? I know BATF changed the rules back in Jan.

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:31:07 am »
    Isn't the CLEO signature no longer required? I know BATF changed the rules back in Jan.

41F I think it is, goes into effect June I think.
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »
    July 2nd or 13th. There's some debate there.
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

• Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »
    Dang I was looking to buy a can and do a form 1 SBR I was waiting for the rule change. Maybe I'll just get one sooner

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement