Username: Password:

Author Topic: Holster for a 22  (Read 2855 times)

rfriedman5

Holster for a 22
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:15:11 pm »
I’ve been shooting for only about four months. I own a Ruger 10-22 rifle and S&W Liberty pistol. When I can afford it I will get a nine mm next. So I don’t have a carry gun, but when I am wandering in the desert I would like to have that .22 along. Last time I carried it in a hard shell case, but that is inconvenient. Can I carry a gun like the S & W in a holster?  I’ve never seen a holster for it.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    Holster for a 22
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:20:05 pm »
    Depends on Frame and barrel size but lots of companies make Holsters for 22's, and at worst, one of those Nylon Holsters for a generic "Long  Barrel" 22 I see in Big 5, Wally, and Cal-Ranch...myna wife has one for her Buckmark...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rfriedman5

Re: Holster for a 22
    « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 06:47:31 pm »
    That should work. Thank you.

6.5 Gunner

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »
    Do you mean a S&W victory pistol? If so they are relatively new to the market. Given how much attention they have been getting holsters should roll out soon, but like Dr. said a decent nylon will do the job just fine and they're inexpensive to boot. For me when it comes to .22 pistols I'm a stickler for leather but it comes with a price. What 9mm are you thinking of getting? and welcome to the world of shooting, hope you like having a light wallet! Lol.

rfriedman5

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:13:23 pm »
    I know what you mean about a light wallet.  I want a Sig, but I’m not sure what model. I’ve shot a lot of guns to try them out—and I can’t say I am not being seduced  by the big-name rep of Sig-- but the one I keep going back to is the 226. Today, I thought 229. Another day, anther thought. I am open to advice.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:52:02 pm »
    I know what you mean about a light wallet.  I want a Sig, but I’m not sure what model. I’ve shot a lot of guns to try them out—and I can’t say I am not being seduced  by the big-name rep of Sig-- but the one I keep going back to is the 226. Today, I thought 229. Another day, anther thought. I am open to advice.
    On the SIG, what will it's primary function be? Carry, Home Defense, Target plinking, competition shooting, etc....?

I ask, because depending on your answer there's a lot to factor in. If it will be a carry gun, remember if it's not on you it's worthless....

I really like my P226 Extreme.
    However, there are many other choices out there that lend themselves to daily carry far better in my honest opinion.

Pay close attention to the weight:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:57:44 pm by FreeInAZ »
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

RetroG

• Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 01:02:41 am »
    I had Alex Boriqua (a member here) make me a leather holster for my Buckmark when I couldn't find one.  He does very good work and is a pleasure to talk with. 

rfriedman5

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 03:58:26 am »
    Thank you. I will follow up with him if needed.

rfriedman5

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 04:02:19 am »
    Do you mind telling me roughly what it cost you?

fr3db3ar

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 07:16:13 am »
    There is bound to be someone near you that works with kydex and could make you a holster using your gun as a form.

rfriedman5

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 07:26:30 am »
    Thank you all. I am a new shooter and I appreciate all the ideas.

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 04:13:05 pm »
    If your liking the Sig, they make a full framed 22, called the Mosquito. We love our Buckmarks, but I'm also liking my 22/45 MkII( now they have the MkIII) and I just put a deposit on a Charger Takedown in Green wood laminate for the Wife.....

Retired from solving other People's Problems
    CWO-4 US Army Retired/Medical
    NSDQ!!!

rfriedman5

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 05:30:49 pm »
    I just talked to a guy today who has a Mosquito (he's the Fed Ex driver who delivers my ammo), but I've never shot one.
    I bought a pistol and then a rifle and I thought I was through buying guns. I know this is naive, but I was not prepared for how appealing other guns are now. I can think of about a half dozen that I'd love to own. And the more I learn and the more gun magazines I read, the more I am tempted. I know others take a great deal of pleasure from their guns too, but it surprised me since I got to be 75 years old without owning a gun (I hunted rabbits and birds when I was kid with my shotgun, but that was a lot of years ago and it was a crappy shotgun. It was a JC Higgens? It was Sears' brand name, but manufactured by mainline manufacturers including Savage, Marlin, and Sako and I bought it new at Sears for what I think was twenty dollars.)

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 10:08:41 am »
    Hey so funny I just caught up to this thread! Yeah I grew up in a big city(NYC) but the family had land and several cabins on a lake in the Adirondaks in upstate NY about an hr from Canada, so we did a lot of outdoor stuff. I Hunted a lot until I was 17(off to College) and the the Army(19). Since then I've only been Waterfowl(Ducks and Geese) twice with Buds in the Army...you have a few years on me, as I'm in my Mid-late 50's(just had a Birthday last week). I inherited a large portion of what we own from Dad and my Uncle Lenny( also a cop like Dad but a Gunshop owner and Collector as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement