Username: Password:

Author Topic: BREN 805 on the firing line, private range.  (Read 1358 times)

armoredman

• Contributor
BREN 805 on the firing line, private range.
« on: April 30, 2016, 02:08:02 pm »
I was an invited guest at the super secret CATS training range buried deep in an unnamed location. After negotiating the layers of security, wire, and farm vehicles, we arrived, and proceeded have a great short time! I didn't take any video due to time constraints, but both the owner of the range and the instructor who invited me took turns with both the Scorpion EVO pistol and the BREN 805.

Here's the line.

That's 100 PACES, not 100 yards, (probably about 92 yards), paced off by me. No laser rangefinder.

This is too terrible considering it was no name generic 55gr 5.56mm ammo the instructor brought. I haven't acquired any bullets to begin loading with yet. Iron sights. 3 hours of sleep. Man was this fun. :thumbup

This target is the funniest, and shows how much time I've spent with the Scorpion and tuning loads to it. Czech this one out.

Not much time, but now I have received a permanent invite to this off the map site, (right around the corner from me!), so my next video will be shot here. Both individuals said they had never tried a stock trigger as nice as the BREN...and both said they are buying Scorpions next, followed by BRENs. :) Good day of ambassadorship. 8)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

870policemag

• Administrator
    Re: BREN 805 on the firing line, private range.
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 06:08:02 pm »
    That's pretty good for BUIS. Are you gonna mount an optic on that?
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »
    That range sounds like a lot of trouble. :rotfl
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 12:12:11 pm »
    The only trouble will be figuring out how to not spend every dime on ammo. :) Thank you, 870, I think the rifle can do much better with a decent optic, but I have nothing available, but a cheap 4 power Chinese scope and some low mount Weaver rings. Might try that. Prefer something nice, but the gun fund is currently pegged in a negative number...this one did me in for a LONG time. :) Aout the only thing I am going to be able to buy is bullets and primers, plus MAYBE a VFG.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement