Username: Password:

Author Topic: No Federal Travel Id= No Arizona resident gun purchase  (Read 7110 times)

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
  • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
Re: No Federal Travel Id= No Arizona resident gun purchase
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10:10 am »
J&g might have that canik
They might, but it will cost him a pretty penny to get it shipped from them, they lost their minds & my business during the last panic. :(
Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 01:29:31 pm »
    I am not on top of things but does this mean even with a Conceal Carry Permit you cannot purchase a gun?

You can.  Even without one you can.  That's the point.  Cabela's doesn't know what they're talking about.  Real ID has nothing to do with guns.

Technically you could buy a gun with a passport and a utility bill.  You'll have a hard time finding a retailer that'll do it though.

-T.

qkarl

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 01:49:50 pm »
    I thought we had until 2020 to get the new IDs

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 02:18:20 pm »
    I heard about this. I don't have one of these Lic, but next year I have to get one and no I will never comply with the TSA requirements and be logged into their NEW data base). The op as a new AZ driver lic.  Any new/renewal issue's right now have a stamp that that states this is not a valid ID for Air travel (They are doing this until they get an OK from The TSA that the new DL will comply !). 

Carbela's is taking it to the letter of the law (Good, bad or indifferent).  Its there problem.  Take your busness someplace else and let them know.
    "Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

rfriedman5

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »
    There is a record of most gun and gun related sales no matter where you live and shop. I bought some 22 ammo at Dicks Sporting Goods yesterday. At check out the clerk asked for my Driver’s license. Not unreasonable; they want to be sure I live in Arizona. But now they have a record of my DL, name, address, what ammo I buy so therefore they have an idea of the guns I own. They also have my birthday. No matter how you look at it my ammo purchase was registered and some super government agency could probably put together most of my purchases at other places too into a comprehensive picture of what I own.
    So I am a bit discouraged in the fight over formal registration of the guns we buy because we are dam close to that already for all practical purposes.

6.5 Gunner

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 04:44:33 pm »
    Dick's is on my own personal "never buy anything from again" list. I tried to buy a cheapo shotgun sometime around late 2014 if I remember correctly just for giggles. After being talked too like I was a felon trying to pull one over on them, hinted that I was bothering them with wanting to purchase their product given the looks on their faces, and an hour + of waiting I finally said screw it and left. I live close to one and give it the stink eye every time I drive by it.

1911_username

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 05:41:41 pm »
    They might, but it will cost him a pretty penny to get it shipped from them, they lost their minds & my business during the last panic. :(

Care to share? 

They actually have the best deal on what I'm looking for but not worth the hassle to save $30-$40 bucks hassling with driving out there (2 hrs) from Maricopa or waiting for an FFL transfer.

louie the lumberjack

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 05:46:31 pm »
    I was just going to ask what part of town you were at.  I saw one in tan at a place near me (Cave Creek/Bell)last time I was there.  Good enough an excuse as any for me to check back  :whistle.

louie the lumberjack
    "Can I ad hominem the shit out of him now???

Please say yes....please say yes" - LuckyLeaky

1911_username

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 06:03:13 pm »
    Right On :rotfl

usmc5811

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 08:03:26 pm »
    You can.  Even without one you can.  That's the point.  Cabela's doesn't know what they're talking about.  Real ID has nothing to do with guns.

Technically you could buy a gun with a passport and a utility bill.  You'll have a hard time finding a retailer that'll do it though.

-T.

Passport IS a Federal ID. Utility bill proves address.   Passport will also get you past TSA and on the plane.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 08:24:34 pm »
    Well, to hell with Cabela's then. This is simply stupid and they have a long history of stupid.

They had the SN wrong on the old Smith I had recently bought from them and when I corrected the clerk during check-out she started acting like an ass. I insisted on another manager even though she was supposedly the manager at the gun check out. The next dummy finally understood it was logged in with the assembly number instead of the serial number after I got a guy from the gun library to come over. So they finally corrected it but it wasn't really worth my effort.

They are way too arrogant for my tastes and I don't suffer fools very well in my old age.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 08:53:53 pm »
    Most dont have a clue at cabelas besides the library guys....

Most seem like lunch break fill ins

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #37 on: May 08, 2016, 11:30:02 am »
    I dimly remembering an AZ state law that said we won't participate in REAL ID, and a number of other states that did the same thing and nullified the law at that time. I see that now failed? I looked at ADOT and saw they said we have until 2020 to get into compliance, which means to me we have until 2020 to remove this unconstitutional restriction on the right to travel. Internal passports are the old Soviet Union at work.

rubinschmidt

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2016, 09:53:20 pm »
    That about cuts it for me.  I have to take a flipping passport to shop at Cabelas?

It's a 50 mile drive for me, and their prices don't often make it worth my while anyway.

While I'm at it I'll quit using their credit card too. There are others with better rebate programs.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement