Username: Password:

Author Topic: NRA announces  (Read 2013 times)

• Contributor
NRA announces
« on: May 20, 2016, 12:25:21 pm »
I am sure everyone on AZGO knew that the NRA would support Present Trump.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

6.5 Gunner

Re: NRA announces
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 12:38:01 pm »
    They were going to support anyone who was running against HC. That being said there are a lot of gun owners who are convinced he's going to double cross us, I don't think so personally. Do I think he's a demi-god who will abolish the NFA and all other bogus laws? No, but I think a Trump presidency will secure the SCOTUS for us and let us take a little breather from a decade(s) long fight.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 12:47:36 pm »
    They were going to support anyone who was running against HC. That being said there are a lot of gun owners who are convinced he's going to double cross us, I don't think so personally. [...]
    He's not openly anti-gun but I don't think he's pro-black-rifle...
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

6.5 Gunner

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 01:00:51 pm »
    He's not openly anti-gun but I don't think he's pro-black-rifle...

I agree but again I don't think he'll poke that bear with a short stick. He's sealed his fate by admitting that he carries and that his status is what allowed him to get a CWP in NYC. I'm placing my bet on he'll do some pro-gun things early on like laws that make all states shall-issue or something similar in "size" and just leave it at that, which honestly is fine by me. 

AzCDLFred

• Arizona Citizens Defense League
    « Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:22:09 pm »
    I watched his speech.  He said some very pro-rights stuff that I've never heard uttered by any of the RINO candidates as far back as I can remember - and I'm old (or I just don't remember).  In his speech he mentioned the importance of supreme court picks and suggested Hillary disarm her security detail to walk the talk.

I don't remember the Bushes (father and son) or McCain or Romney having CCW permits.  I do remember GW Bush saying he'd support an "assault weapon" ban and McCain is as anti-RKBA as one can get without being a registered Democrat.

On the other hand, this is coming from the NRA which gave us the 1934 NFA and gun owner registration via NICS and is letting Bloomberg have his way in states where he's pushing for "universal background checks."

Fred

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 01:40:08 pm »
    My reply to anybody that is complaining about Trump as it relates to RKBA, as was stated Bush Jr was for the AW.  The only good news was that congress was and still is so dysfunctional that they didn't have time to debate to extend it.  :facepalm

I believe Trump will have so many other priorities, he's not going have time for RKBA !
    "Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

hikingwithguns

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 09:15:23 am »
    I'm a gun voter but this is difficult. Whatever, I'll hold my nose and vote for the supposed gun candidate :(
    “Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.” Joe Biden

6.5 Gunner

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 10:17:26 am »
    I'm a gun voter but this is difficult. Whatever, I'll hold my nose and vote for the supposed gun candidate :(

Well your other choice is HC, there's no way DT is going to be worse than she is.

Starguco

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 01:20:15 pm »
    . I'm placing my bet on he'll do some pro-gun things early on like laws that make all states shall-issue or something similar in "size" and just leave it at that, which honestly is fine by me.

I am willing to bet a wooden nickel that he might do more things than that.
    Does someone remember him stating something about a CCW card that would be good for all the US states?
    Boy that would make all the anti's screaming and crying awake or asleep.
    Being pro I am pretty sure he would try to reverse all the Demonizing of the gun culture that the press has given all the years.  The pro gun culture has a very bad rep. The media needs to stop pressing fear and bad news. Why it sells $$$$$$ plus other reasons I won't get into  :whistle

The stigma of you have a CCW makes you a bad guy needs to go away A.S.A.P.
    I am under the impression that him being in office the PR campaign department will hopefully make a huge attempt to make this happen.
    There is no such thing as Overkill. Die Lehrer Klaus Horstkamp.

"We must reject the idea every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each indiviual is accountable for his actions." Ronald Reagan

6.5 Gunner

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 02:05:12 pm »
    Does someone remember him stating something about a CCW card that would be good for all the US states?
    I do remember him stating that but remember the term RINO is prevalent for a reason. Having a Republican controlled Congress doesn't mean they are automatically pro-gun and will pass anything that comes their way. It would be nice because I would finally be able to visit family that lives in Northern California without being a criminal but it would be a license achieved at the federal level. I'm sure even if Congress grudgingly went along with the 50 state carry thing they would regulate it (IMO) like a C&R license or NFA paperwork.

The pro gun culture has a very bad rep. The media needs to stop pressing fear and bad news.
    The stigma of you have a CCW makes you a bad guy needs to go away A.S.A.P.

But they never will, they are the tentacles being controlled by the mind (government).
    Again the stigma will never go away. There are people out there who hang on every (lying) word that comes out of Obama, HC, Bloomberg, etc. They truly believe a prohibition style ban will stop crime in its tracks. You know just like the prohibition on alcohol worked and the current war on drugs is working  :rolleyes. Go ask an anti-gunner about project exile they'll look at you like you have a third eye. The only gun laws they want are ones that completely ban ownership. I personally think it should be a Class A Felony to knowingly give false information like "they" do every single day.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:08:50 pm by 6.5 Gunner »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement