Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pretty awesome sharpener.  (Read 3459 times)

TNFrank61

• Contributor
Pretty awesome sharpener.
« on: July 29, 2016, 04:05:28 pm »
Posted up another video on YouTube. This time it's for a sharpener that I think is pretty awesome. Anyway, Enjoy.

Luke 22:36 (NIV)
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

• Contributor
    Re: Pretty awesome sharpener.
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 04:25:34 pm »
    Interesting.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:04:50 pm »
    Good review.  Thanks for posting it.   :thumbup
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 08:20:46 pm »
    That is pretty cool.

I've been using the Spyderco Sharpmarker for a few years now.
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 11:27:43 pm »
    Good review.  Thanks for posting it.   
    Ditto :)
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

TNFrank61

• Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 09:55:06 am »
    I really love this sharpener because it's compact and has pretty much everything you'd need to sharpen your knives. From a Course Diamond stone to the fine Ceramic.  I've had just Diamond stones before and I've had some Ceramic rods but they were either more than I needed to use or not enough to get the edge into shape. This gives me everything in one, compact sharpening "system"(for lack of a better term) and at $30 bucks the price won't break the bank either.  :-)
    36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
    - Ted Nugent

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 05:34:42 pm »

JK357

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 05:50:04 pm »
    I have been looking for something better than my wet stones, the Ken Onion one is a little pricey to try. For $29 ish I think I might get one to try :confused

TNFrank61

• Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 10:48:38 am »
    Redid my video. Here's the new link. I wish I could have simply edited my original post but no such feature on this site. :facepalm
    Anyway, enjoy.

- Ted Nugent

RSM

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 02:09:20 pm »
    I bought one and these things are great! Still learning the ceramic rod and leather strop part of it but I still get a nice sharp edge. Well worth the 30 bucks.

TNFrank61

• Contributor
    « Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 10:24:46 pm »
    I've owned all manner of sharpening devices over the years from Arkansas Stones to Diamond Stones and even those little pull through ceramic deals but this is the ONE tool that has pretty much everything that I need and it's all in ONE TOOL so I don't have to hunt for my Diamond stones then find my ceramic rods and my leather strop to finish up with.  Everything is in one handy tool.   I'm also pretty sure you can order new diamond plates when the ones that come with the sharpener ware out.  I'd like to get a couple more to have around the house and in my truck for those times when I need to sharpen a knife.  :thumbup

http://www.worksharptools.com/parts-accessories/guided-field-sharpener.html
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:27:53 pm by TNFrank61 »

- Ted Nugent

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement