Username: Password:

Author Topic: AR500 Steel targets are back! Black Friday Deal www.ShootersElement.com  (Read 2958 times)

ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
  • Vendor
    • Shooters Element
Hi Everyone,

I was able to get steel targets earlier in the year, but the guy I was working with went under so my supply was cut off :(.
However, I've started my own website and business for targets with a friend this time.

Why am I telling you this? Well I wanted to let AZGO know that I'm selling targets again, and that we are running an insane discount for black Friday that I want you to take full advantage of! We have great pictures on the site, with videos and all kinds of things going on.

Here's the details on the black friday deal:

AZGO, Shooters Element is announcing our Black Friday deal!

For Friday only take 25% OFF ALL our AR500 Heat treated STEEL TARGETS.
No coupon code, no emailing just go to www.ShootersElement.com on Friday 11/23 and order the targets you want.

You'll see the discounted price on the site that day, all targets are in stock ready to ship. We are local to the Southwest Phoenix area so if you would like to pick up your order there is no extra charge and you won't pay shipping. So free pickup  on all order for those in AZ!

Here's a few of the targets and the discounted prices

Small Plate $24.99 NOW $18.75

Octa-Gong $49.99 NOW $37. 49

IPCS Torso $54.99 NOW $41.25

Diamond Challenge $119.99 NOW $89.99

The rest of our line up can be seen here: http://www.shooterselement.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=4

This Friday (11/23) only so don't miss out. Make sure to stop by and get your targets early before this deal is over!

Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
  • Sr. Contributor
Re: AR500 Steel targets are back! Black Friday Deal www.ShootersElement.com
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »
That is a GREAT looking website you got there. Excellent job.  :thumbsup

Thanks for notifying us of the sale. I might pick one up.
Undecided at the moment, primarily due to transport concerns on my end.

One question is you mention they're all 0.385 inch rather than the traditional 3/8 in AR500. What have you tested on that plate and what sort of increase in strength have you observed with various calibers? We're talking less than 1mm (9.779 vs 9.525).

Do you do any 1/2 inch targets as of yet?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:46:46 AM by ItWasntMe »
"96% of violent criminals just hate being shot." - Jeff Cooper

theultimatehic

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
If i do local pick up can i also pay in cash?
I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it!

Thernlund

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
Great site!   :thumbup

What I am really in need of is a stand for an AR500 rifle silhouette.  My old one got all shot up, so I have nothing to hang the target on.

-T.
    The views expressed in this post are personal views only and not those of AZGO.  AZGO doesn't have views.  It's a piece of software.

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys I appreciate it.

@ItWasntMe - don't let this deal pass, we aren't going to run another deal like this for a long time!
Our shipping costs start at $6 and usually are no more than $12. (I can fit 4 full targets in one box for $12.00 anywhere in the country)

We tested the targets at some close range (much closer than I would ever suggest someone to shoot steel targets with high powered rifles) and they did much better than I even expected. This has to do with the higher quality AR500 we are using and the minor increase in thickness from 3/8ths.

The Video on the site is of an Arsenal AK 47 (7.62x39) at 20 yards  :shocked the target took absolutely 0 damage from that test. We shot the same target at the same distance with .223 55 gr out of a 16" AR barrel and it only created a couple small craters (pot marks as they are commonly called) where the bullet pushed the metal outward.

This is not the distance I'm recommending anyone to shoot steel targets at, but we were trying to get a sense of what ours can do and they did great! Yes we are talking a hundredth of an inch but multiply that by 140 square inches and it adds to the overall strength of the target (adds 1.4" of material to the overall plate).

.308 didn't do a thing to the target at 70 or 100 yards and after that we stopped trying to hurt the target. So I'm saying that our targets could take anything from a .22 to a .50 BMG when it's placed at the appropriate distance. For a 50 that means at about 225-250 yards, but who wants to shoot a 50 closer than that lol. So here's our official disclaimer, pistol caliber weapons are ok at 10 yards (no closer for the sake of fragmentation of the bullet), Rifle rounds moving under 2500 up to 2800 FPS are ok at 70 yards Anything moving faster than 3000 FPS we suggest setting the target at 100 yards.

Right now, I don't see a reason to stock or sell 1/2" thick targets when these can due anything that those can do. Moreover, when you start getting into thicker material you start to get inconsistencies in the material, pockets that were not heated evenly, or carbon that is not as equally distributed through the rest of the metal. I've seen a .308 do more damage to a 1/2" target than a traditional 3/8ths target. I could go on, but I don't want to ramble more than I have and I don't want to overwhelm anyone with information.

I'll put this out there that If you have a 50BMG that would be willing to do some more testing with us, I think we could hook you up with something to compensate for your time and ammo.

@theultimatehic - I have no problem with local pickup, but doing cash is hard when putting it through the site due to tracking taxes and inventory. If that is the only thing holding you back from ordering give me a call and I'll work something out with you, 480-296-6614.

@Thernlund - I would be happy to make you a stand. While we don't have anything up on the site, you can see I do make target stands and have been doing so for some time. Give me a call 480-296-6614 or email be at Sales@ShootersElement.com. I'm going to be working on a proto-type target stand this weekend.

Everyone else, please feel free to call, text or email me. Help us spread the word by sharing with your friends and buddies, I want as many people who are interested to take advantage of this deal we are running. 
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:07:16 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for the prompt reply on that.  :thumbup

Son of Jared

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:43:27 AM »
Great offering. I will be taking advantage of this. Thanks.  :thumbsup
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.

Max Planck

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »
Those are some good deals.
"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving guys! Please take advantage of the deals, I look forward to meeting some of you!

Very cool. Thanks for the prompt reply on that.  :thumbup

Anytime man  :thumbsup, I'm really passionate about the shooting sports so if I went a little long in my response I apologize, I was not trying to write a book lol.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:31:16 PM by PBFab now ShootersElement »
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I just placed my order for a few steel targets.  I do have a question as I didn't see anywhere on your site a place to order the steel straps you pictured to hang the targets.  Do you offer a kit?
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home."
 Winston Churchill

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »
You have an order. Thanks for the deal. :thumbsup
Now about those stands...  :shifty

I tried "No-Taxes-For-Life" as a discount code.  :-[ It failed. :glare
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:31:32 PM by ItWasntMe »

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
I'll test your steel no problem with my Barrett.
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
Glock Certified Armorer

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
@brandyspaw - Yes and no, we have everything we need for the kits but haven't decided on the price and been slammed. I'll see what we can do for you order, can you send me a PM with the order number and I'll look out for it.

@ItWasntMe - thanks for the order man we appreciate the business. I tried that coupon code on a couple other sites and it didn't work either  :mad.

@car-ram-rod - deal
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

Son of Jared

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 08:24:31 AM »
Just put my order in.  :)
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.

Max Planck

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »
Thank you very much for the order!
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »
Thank you very much for the order!
I just picked up my order. Nice meeting you. (+1).  :thumbsup

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »
It was good meeting you too man, I just finished the target stand and will be testing it tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

On side note, you guys crushed it today! We are sold out of Diamond Challenge packages and reactive diamonds!

If you would still like to order either but didn't get your order in on time, I'll honor the 25% off pricing. However it will be on back order. You will have to call me directly to place the order, so feel free to call me at 480-296-6614 or send me an email before 23:59 tonight about the diamonds or the package. Sales@shooterselement.com

Thank you all for the business, it means a lot to us...
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

theultimatehic

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »
Took one of the targets out today to shoot   and it handled everything fine at 100+ yard.  Shot some hornady 165gr .308, .22, some.223, and some 7.62*54. Me and my brother in law decided to wait to test any steel core rounds till they get some more abuse. Don't wanna destroy something i just bought... Not yet anyways lol

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »
Hey man, glad you had fun with them. I know the targets will handle the steel core, but only for so long before it starts to do damage to them. I think we had about 100 rounds into one of the targets before we really saw any noticeable bending and large pot marking.

So I want to say thank you again to everyone here who ordered we had a huge weekend. All the orders will be going out next week!!!!!!

And we are going to do another special...check our next post for that!
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

Thernlund

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 06:55:02 PM »
I've hit AR500 with steel core out at 100 or so yards and it handles it fine.  It does leave a small mark on the plate, but nothing terribly bad at all.  See here...

That's after repainted it.

I agree with PB in that you can't do that forever and expect the plate to live.  You can still get a decent life out of them, but regular steel core use will wear on the plate much faster than lead.

Note though... "steel core" and "armor piercing" are two different things.  AP ammo would definitely crater the plate, no question.

-T.
    The views expressed in this post are personal views only and not those of AZGO.  AZGO doesn't have views.  It's a piece of software.

theultimatehic

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 07:56:49 AM »
I'll keep that in mind with steel core. The only ap rounds i have are 50 bmg and i would hope at 100 yards it punches though  haha

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 07:57:06 PM »
I got home this weekend after working out of state and found my targets had arrived.  They look great and I really appreciate the straps.  Thanks again!!

I highly recommend these targets to anyone needing some steel targets.  Now to burn up some powder and make some ringing noises.
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

Winston Churchill

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »
I'm glad you got everything. Let me know how you like the hanging kit, it's still kind of under development but feedback would be great.
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
I'm glad you got everything. Let me know how you like the hanging kit, it's still kind of under development but feedback would be great.

The only comment I have on the hanging kit is that, for my target stand anyway, the kit should be available in a shorter length.  The target stand I have is low and uses a 5/8" steel bar to hang the targets from.  Consequently, the large steel target hangs very low to the ground which is a problem when the target stand is on uneven terrain because it wouldn't always allow it to swing. 

However, for target stands made of wood that use a 2x4 for the top rail the strap length is ideal.
Its just that for my particular application the straps were kind of long for the big plate. Other than that the straps are a great solution to hanging targets.
Thomas Jefferson

Winston Churchill

ShootersElement

• Vendor
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 03:24:28 PM »
Great feed back thanks...maybe an option of a shorter and longer one for shooters then.
Shooters Element
AR500 Steel Targets

www.ShootersElement.com