Username: Password:

Author Topic: Something new and interesting . . .  (Read 1682 times)

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
Something new and interesting . . .
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
Apparently some former employees of T/C got together and formed a new company.  Their first offering is an inline muzzleloading rifle with enough new ideas to really make it stand out from the pack.  This is a pretty good looking rifle and the price is not over the top either.  They are apparently going to ship startiung in January.  Check it out at www.lhrsportingarms.com  or  http://lhrsportingarms.com/index.html

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness.  Bad manners.  Lack of consideration for others in minor matters.  A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."

Robert A. Heinlein,  "Friday"

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
  • Sr. Contributor
Re: Something new and interesting . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »
Muzzle loaders are not my thing, but that does look awful pretty.  :woot

"96% of violent criminals just hate being shot." - Jeff Cooper

Amplifiedsoul

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:14 AM »
Never had any experience with muzzleloaders. Been thinking about checking one out. Looks pretty slick to me.

capcyclone

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
I've never been exposed to muzzleloaders - it would be an interesting angle to pursue at some point, but I currently don't have enough time to fully enjoy the modern firearms I have.  Hopefully some day I'll get a chance to explore muzzleloaders.  That is a beauty though. 

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:54:06 AM »
I have a muzzleloader revolver. No rifles  yet but my good friend has one that I have shot a few times. With the new advances in muzzleloaders it almost like a modern rifle. Cap, powder pellets, and a sabots make them shoot very tight groups   

gilacr

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »
I don't have any in-line muzzleloaders but I'm a traditional muzzleloader NUT!!! I have several flintlock and cap-n-ball rifles as well as handguns. I have taken several deer with my Pedersoli (Cabelas) Blue Ridge Flintlock. They are awsome and cheap to shoot. You can spend 4 hours at the range and still only go through 50 round but have a blast doing it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
 - Thomas Jefferson

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 04:08:52 PM »
I love black powder. Yes it is cheap only due to lack of volume. The clean up holds me back from taking my BP revolver out more then once a year. Still thinking about a in-line though.

gilacr

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
Try alcohol for clean up it really speeds up the process. I also make my own balls from waste lead and even have made my own powder.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
 - Thomas Jefferson

TheCol.U.S.M.C.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 08:53:51 PM »
I might have to get my BP out now, it is a new year and all. Ill give the alcohol a try thanks for the heads up.

skunkhollow

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »
Those of you who haven't tried BP are missing out. Since my son let me shoot his High plains .50 rifle, I've shot little else, and I now own a nice little collection of BP equipment.  I love it myself, and the only drawback is the cleaning end of it, but it's still worth it.