Username: Password:

Author Topic: Best place to buy a suppressor?  (Read 14724 times)

RetroG

• Contributor
Best place to buy a suppressor?
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:30:30 pm »
I'm looking to buy a suppressor for either a centerfire handgun (45 or 9mm) or a centerfire rifle (30 or 556).  Anyone have any recommendations as to where and who to buy from?  Inventory, price and customer service all count, in about that order.

Thanks in advance.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    Re: Best place to buy a suppressor?
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 04:42:29 pm »
    US Auto Weapons has a bunch.

Scottsdale Gun Club has some.

I know the Shooter's Vault has a few in stock.

I've had decent customer service from all three.

As for price, well, that pretty subjective when it comes to suppressors.  That said, I've not found any of the above to be to out-of-line in price.

-T.

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »
    even though i had a very bad experience with mr. silencer he usually has the best prices. be very patient. and if you running it on multi cals watch barrel profile and make sure there interchangeable. ill leave it at tht.
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

Dark Sky Solutions

• I am Doc
    • Sr. Contributor
    • https://facebook.com/Dark-Sky-Solutions
      • Dark Sky Solutions
    Best place to buy a suppressor?
    « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:41:15 pm »
    Silencedamerica.com is a great source. He is out of Tx but a prior Marine and a good dude.
    Doc

Click our logo above to go to our Website

marty

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »
    i had good cust service with C-3 arms up in north phx and as for price they were better than MSRP

Twinsen

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:33:32 pm »
    I use EVC3 - East Valley Class 3.  They are out the back of AJI Sporting Goods in west Apache Junction, just on the border with Mesa.

They are a tiny little shop that give the best prices I've ever seen, $20 transfers, barrel threading, engraving, gunsmithing, etc.  They'll even let you hop on their PC to pump out a Quicken gun trust for free if it's part of a sale.  I was horribly disappointed by all the gun stores out here until I went to EVC3.  Now I'm disappointed by every other gun store I've ever been to.  Good people.

P.S.  I'm not a shill and I do not work there.  Figured I'd say that after that review.  Their inventory isn't impressive, but their prices are damn good.  I don't know what dealer price is, but beating MSRP on a $500 item by $180 got my attention.  Sold!
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:35:33 pm by Twinsen »

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 07:35:34 pm »
    Ill keep ev3 in mind after seeing that! Looking to get some silencers once this mess blows over.
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

Classictruckman

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:10:30 pm »
    CTR over on Scottsdale Road North of the riverbottom seemed to have some good inventory, and competitive prices.  They seemed like nice, educated, and product aware guys....   Only downside I heard, they said the turn around on orders and approvals from the BATFE is pushing six months.    Cost you roughly around $500 for the silencer the tax stamp etc....   And then there is that wait....
    Idealism is that which precedes experience...

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:04 pm »
    I know that Desert Valley Firearms is a Class III Dealer - but I can't say what they have in stock.  Customer service wise they're great with everything else. 

I'm also a big fan of Merchant Firearms in Ahwatukee and will be picking up my first few silencers that we don't build from them.  Prices are damn good too near I can tell when visiting other stores.  Great selection and the only shop I've been too willing to let you actually <GASP> touch the suppressors.  Take them apart if they are disassemblable.  They've even put them on guns to let me get a feel for what they would balance like.  Seriously a great all around experience and they do a great job at explaining the paperwork for it. 

I know Jeremy at KISS Tactical in Maricopa is also a SOT/Class 3 Dealer with a good selection. 
    I know where my towel is.

Paul

• "Any time, any where, always ready, always there."
    « Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:50 pm »
    I use EVC3 - East Valley Class 3.  They are out the back of AJI Sporting Goods in west Apache Junction, just on the border with Mesa.

They are a tiny little shop that give the best prices I've ever seen, $20 transfers, barrel threading, engraving, gunsmithing, etc.  They'll even let you hop on their PC to pump out a Quicken gun trust for free if it's part of a sale.  I was horribly disappointed by all the gun stores out here until I went to EVC3.  Now I'm disappointed by every other gun store I've ever been to.  Good people.

P.S.  I'm not a shill and I do not work there.  Figured I'd say that after that review.  Their inventory isn't impressive, but their prices are damn good.  I don't know what dealer price is, but beating MSRP on a $500 item by $180 got my attention.  Sold!

Ditto. Tim has threaded multiple barrels for me, handled a few suppressor purchases and even setup the trust to consolidate all my NFA toys under one umbrella. I can't say enough good things about Tim.
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Twinsen

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 06:45:49 am »
    Ditto. Tim has threaded multiple barrels for me, handled a few suppressor purchases and even setup the trust to consolidate all my NFA toys under one umbrella. I can't say enough good things about Tim.

No, he just gave you access to the program to create your trust.  Creating the trust for you would be "practicing law".  That wouldn't happen, I'm sure.

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 07:04:36 am »
    Best place to buy a supressor....the way things are going, might be Finland or somewhere in Europe......
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

Paul

• "Any time, any where, always ready, always there."
    « Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 07:40:53 am »
    No, he just gave you access to the program to create your trust.  Creating the trust for you would be "practicing law".  That wouldn't happen, I'm sure.
    Forgive me, I should've put the phrase "helped setup" in there. I erroneously figured that was a given as a gunsmith isn't a lawyer.
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 01:27:13 pm »

Indeed, Tim is a good guy to deal with on anything Class III related and a good gunsmith as well.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

acetum

• Distance is your friend
    • check your six
    « Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 06:20:30 am »
    CTR over on Scottsdale Road North of the riverbottom seemed to have some good inventory, and competitive prices.  They seemed like nice, educated, and product aware guys....   Only downside I heard, they said the turn around on orders and approvals from the BATFE is pushing six months.    Cost you roughly around $500 for the silencer the tax stamp etc....   And then there is that wait....

8 months now... :(
    "To revolt is a natural tendency of life. Even a worm turns against the foot that crushes it. In general, the vitality and relative dignity of an animal can be measured by the intensity of its instinct to revolt." -Bakunin

ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
    • Contributor
      • Shooters Element
    « Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 09:04:15 am »
    I'm looking for a YHM Phantom Ti Silencer QD model or their new 4350 LTA...anyone have a line on one?
    Shooters Element

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement

FatherDeath

• Finaly Back Home
    « Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 03:07:10 pm »
    so the site silencershop.com has some great deals on suppressors just needs to be shipped to your ffl02 which can be as low as 20 bucks but then it has more wait time sadly ..I got my cans back in about a week short of 7 months when I used mr Silencer...I will continue to use him for most of my purchases
    Millions are willing but only a few can take on the world
    Glock Certified Armorer

Twinsen

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 04:34:15 pm »
    SOB!  I went to EVC3 today to buy 3 silencers and they're transferring ownership.  So they're getting a new FFL and it'll take a couple months.

Most dealers try to sell you something other than what you want, even if you're better informed than them.  Now I'm hunting for a dealer that will get me what I want.  Spoke with a few people today and have been mostly unimpressed even if they are very nice.  EVC3 was just "Hey, what do you want?  Ok, I'll get it for a good price."

SEDNAtek is trying to talk me into AAC's Cyclone, which is about the same price as the Liberty but louder, made by a company with really bad customer service IMX, and probably backordered for an outrageous amount of time.  It is my 3rd favorite 30 cal can out there right now, but I don't know if I can even get the transfer started inside of a year.

I might end up doing another out-of-state transfer just to get what I want here.  I'd really rather avoid that.  Poop.  Time to make more phone calls.

FatherDeath

• Finaly Back Home
    « Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 05:47:58 pm »
    hit up mr silencer i think he has some libertys
    Millions are willing but only a few can take on the world
    Glock Certified Armorer

Twinsen

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:51 pm »
    hit up mr silencer i think he has some libertys

Yeah I tried him, he didn't answer his phone.  If he does, that'd be amazing.  I'll try him again tomorrow.

JT

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 01:21:11 pm »
    8 months now... :(

I sent in all my paper work last March. In Sept they returned my check and said they lost my paperwork. I had to start over. In a couple more weeks it will be the 1 year anniversary. At his point I doubt if I will ever get it.
    Patron NRA GOA AZCDL

acetum

• Distance is your friend
    • check your six
    « Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 06:17:59 pm »

I sent in all my paper work last March. In Sept they returned my check and said they lost my paperwork. I had to start over. In a couple more weeks it will be the 1 year anniversary. At his point I doubt if I will ever get it.

huh that sucks... they just said the same thing to my buddy waiting on his uzi and can to match...

My SBR paperwork finally came in....
    "To revolt is a natural tendency of life. Even a worm turns against the foot that crushes it. In general, the vitality and relative dignity of an animal can be measured by the intensity of its instinct to revolt." -Bakunin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement