Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shooting & tac gear  (Read 2039 times)

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
Shooting & tac gear
« on: December 25, 2012, 08:22:24 pm »
Thinking of slowly purchasing a day and night set of tactical gear and general shooting gear.
-ghilli suit
-tac west
-tac pants
-backpacks day & night edition
-hats, and caps
-goggles and glasses
-useful kiss accessories

Any other stuff you can think of. J want to put together a list and aquire stuff over the course of the year. I want it rather cheap (college student) but no junk or air soft crap lol
This should be able to be kept in a bag as part of survival gear for a shit hit fan situation.
Suggestions?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    Re: Shooting & tac gear
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 06:42:08 am »
    Water purifiers, they come pocket size now. TP a lot of TP. JK   ;D

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 12:00:39 pm »
    Well if you are getting a TAC west you have to get a TAC East as well  :pfft

I'd honestly challenge you on the ghillie suit with "why"?  Its hot, heavy and cumbersome in most cases (custom or build your own need not apply). What purpose are you hoping for? 

Honestly good boots, pants, gloves and kneepads are infinitely more appropriate and useful just my thoughts.

Also why differentiate between day & night packs?  Just buy quality and get a good one.  I'm partial to a Maxpedition myself. 
    I know where my towel is.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 05:47:50 pm »
    I mostly agree with Harm.  The only thing I can add is that if the reason you want a ghillie suit is "because it's fun", then that's ok.  Nothing wrong with having fun.   :thumbup

But beyond that aspect, you'll never use it.  Trust that.

I have a vest that I used one time in an Advanced Carbine class.  Never wore it again.  *shrug*

-T.

Harm

• Administrator
    « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:53:37 pm »
    Absolutely- used to Ghillie it up when I was very serious playing paint balling.  It was fun.  But...

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
    Re: Re: Shooting & tac gear
    « Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:29 am »
    Well if you are getting a TAC west you have to get a TAC East as well  :pfft

I'd honestly challenge you on the ghillie suit with "why"?  Its hot, heavy and cumbersome in most cases (custom or build your own need not apply). What purpose are you hoping for? 

Honestly good boots, pants, gloves and kneepads are infinitely more appropriate and useful just my thoughts.

Also why differentiate between day & night packs?  Just buy quality and get a good one.  I'm partial to a Maxpedition myself.

Fun yes that too but I was thinking along the lines of netting that can attach to anything, backpack, jackets etc that natural camp can be inserted into. You know? So not so much ghillie suit but i forgot what that's called.. It's super compact and lightweight.

Boots and kneepads are a good call completely forgot.

Night and day pack,.. Meant a big one to carry my life around and a small darker one for nighttime action. :D

Tent? What kind?

Already got gloves so i left em out.

I was thinking maybe find a small backpack that can strap over a dark chute, might have to make that custom but that would be awesome.

Harm

• Administrator
    « Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 09:12:18 pm »
    Guess its just about what you want to do.  I'd much rather have a pack that did all in one.  I'm not sure what extent night action is going to play into any BO situation aside from a straight evac & evade strategy.

PipeHitter

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 12:08:20 am »
    When you're starting out, buy ammo instead of gear. Shooting straight will help you more than buying 'stuff' will, if you ever have to use your weapon. Look at what other guys are running, ask questions. When you can start to figure out for yourself what you really need, then it might be time to start investing in some gear that fulfills those needs.

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:35 am »
    The best and simplest advice I can give anyone for gear without knowing wht the mission is would be to sound proof your stuff. 90 mph tape, no glare, no metal to metal or plastic to plastic contact. Make sure it fits properly. A lot of the cool guy gear is just tht. Nothing more. For my job and my kit there's certain things I don't leave without weapons ammo tourniquet med kit radio flashlight multitool knife. And enuff cash to fly out of any airport in any country.
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement