Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sheriff Babeu - Change to safe school zone  (Read 2192 times)

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
Sheriff Babeu - Change to safe school zone
« on: December 26, 2012, 01:27:45 pm »
Pinal County, Ariz –Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu proposes a change in the “safe school zone” laws to allow for school administrators and designated teachers to be armed to initially defend against any violent attack on their school. Sheriff Babeu also supports assigning a deputy or police officer in every school as proposed by the NRA.

Sheriff Babeu said, “Much the same way that commercial airline pilots have been trained and armed to defend their aircraft, school administrators and designated teachers would be trained by local law enforcement and armed to protect themselves, other staff and their students. Administrators and teachers are highly educated, they know their schools and love the children. Past efforts to protect innocent children and our schools have resulted in making them more vulnerable and more alluring as targets for mass killings. Restrictive gun laws, or even trying to take guns away from millions of law abiding citizens is unconstitutional and will NOT stop this violence. The immediate reality for every law enforcement leader is how do we best protect our schools, which are not fully protected and are not as safe as they should be in order to be called “safe school zones?”

More here -
http://www.sheriffpaul.com/train-and-arm-school-administrators-and-designated-teachers/
.:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Black_water

• Contributor
    Re: Sheriff Babeu - Change to safe school zone
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »
    Good.
    Eric Philips of Young Americans for Liberty summed up the law.

Obamacare will have the efficiency of the Postal Service, the sustainability of Social Security and the compassion of the IRS,” he said

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 04:12:54 pm »
    I met Sheriff Paul & I approve this message ;-)
    I know where my towel is.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 04:52:23 pm »
     :thumbup

Good to hear top LE speak out.

-T.

Tremorx

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:25:52 pm »
    I knew there was a reason that I voted for him....go babeu

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 05:58:59 pm »
    :thumbup

Good to hear top LE speak out.

-T.

He also spoke out against speed cameras, refused to enforce them, has spoken out a great deal about immigration and immigration smuggling.  And I asked him about class 3 when we took that picture.  Said to walk the paperwork over and he'd sign it same day.  Win!
    I know where my towel is.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 06:20:17 pm »
    Good deal! 

After Columbine occured in Colorado, the local PD my wife worked at back in Colorado started deploying an officer at each of the city's schools.  Having a school resource officer at each school with a marked patrol car parked prominently out front seemed to be a good deterrant for a lot of different types potential trouble.  And her PD rotated regular police officers into them.  Not just some old, end of their career officers.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 02:26:32 am »
    This is great! We need more people like him. I would love to meet him one day. Seems like a great man to me.

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 08:50:32 am »
    Ya he seems like a good guy. He spoke at my step-daughters middle school graduation. What he had to say was good, hope it sunk in for them.
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 09:46:19 am »
    wow good man. did sheriff joe give an opinion or his view yet?
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 12:10:27 pm »
    wow good man. did sheriff joe give an opinion or his view yet?

I think Arpaio's view is pretty evident.  If you've ever done non-trust title II paperwork in Maricopa County, you know that he's pretty pro-2A.  The letter that come with your CLEO sign off is pretty positive.

I'm pretty confident that he'd have no problem arming schools and/or teachers.

-T.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement