Username: Password:

Author Topic: Prep plans changed since the latest events?  (Read 791 times)

brandyspaw

• Contributor
Prep plans changed since the latest events?
« on: December 26, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »
Have any of your survival preps changed since the CT tragedy and possible impending legislation?

I had been planning to add another weapons system (AR-10 in 308) which wouldn't have involved more ammo but certainly the cost of another gun, proprietary magazines for it and some spares parts.  However, its currently no time to try buy another gun with the elevated prices so I've curtailed most firearms, magazines, etc purchases for the foreseeable future.

In actually one of the few positives to come from recent events, I'm now likely to focus more on areas I should be more concerned with such as more water, food, medical supplys, etc.  Its pretty simple really--if I don't waste money on more Pmags or something gun related you might spend that money on those survival areas I'm lacking in.
It certainly seems more prudent right now to focus on other preps more.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
Thomas Jefferson

Thernlund

• Administrator
Re: Prep plans changed since the latest events?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »
I'm a little more conservative about sending rounds down range for fun, preferring to keep a slightly bigger stash in reserve.  But beyond that, my SOP hasn't really changed much.

-T.
    Arm yourself because no one else here will save you.  The odds will betray you, and I will replace you...

Dough333

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
The only thing it has done is push back my plan to get an assault rifle.  I've been considering getting a 9mm carbine anyways to double up on the ammo.

Otherwise I still have a lot of necessities to get any ways and I am a long ways away from having even a modest BoB.  So it hasn't affected me much.

GTGallop

• Contributor
    • One Particular Harbor
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
I'm a little more conservative about sending rounds down range for fun, preferring to keep a slightly bigger stash in reserve.  But beyond that, my SOP hasn't really changed much.
-T.

Same here...

My prep plans are largely unchanged, but I find my self looking to be more politically active.  I'd like to work for a campaign this year.

So I guess the strategy is prepping on the back end and stomping out rampant stupidity on the front end so I'm less apt to need the prep.
The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.

Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

altsehastiin

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »
Well, I was not able to "Obama proof" my gun collection before this panic buying spree happened, but I made some good progress throughout the year.  I guess this will give me the opportunity to start saving for my gun/secure/panic room!

Dark Sky Solutions

• I am Doc
  • Vendor
  • facebook.com/Dark-Sky-Solutions
    • Dark Sky Solutions
Prep plans changed since the latest events?
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
Plan? What plan? No preppers here, keep walking
Doc

Click our logo above to go to our Website

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »
ive been very fortunate to get every rifle/pistol ive ever wanted. but i do want my to further my primitive weapon skills. the kids and i have been practicing alot with bows, blow dart guns, throwing knives etc. the cold steel blow dart gun is wicked by the way
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
Glock Certified Armorer

Dough333

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 01:11:12 AM »
Plan? What plan? No preppers here, keep walking

:thumbup

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
Re: Re: Prep plans changed since the latest events?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 02:45:50 AM »
ive been very fortunate to get every rifle/pistol ive ever wanted. but i do want my to further my primitive weapon skills. the kids and i have been practicing alot with bows, blow dart guns, throwing knives etc. the cold steel blow dart gun is wicked by the way

From where? How much, pics? Sounds like a good idea for critters?