Username: Password:

Author Topic: Whats everyone's Every Day Carry Knife?  (Read 54219 times)

davycrockettfv

Re: Whats everyone's Every Day Carry Knife?
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 07:25:26 pm »
I carry a multi-tool in my work bag.  In the woods I carry a Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter.  Awesome little knife for $9  :thumbup

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 02:29:09 pm »
    Benchmade Emerson CQC7

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

N.M.Edmands

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »
     My eldest son has carried a Benchmade Emerson CQC7 since about 2002. In 2003 he gave me a Benchmade 10200 Ambush and it's been my daily carry since then. I would post a pic but it looks like he!!. :-\ still does everything I ask,and well.
     That and a P7-Don't leave home without em.
    Nat
    Politics is spherical; the only choice is which side of many to choose.
     But because politics is spherical there are only 2 sides--inside or outside.
     If I wish to maintain sanity I must choose outside.

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #53 on: October 16, 2012, 04:44:32 pm »
    I got mine in the mid 90s I think.  I've carried it so long I've Los track
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

N.M.Edmands

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 05:24:23 pm »
    I got mine in the mid 90s I think.  I've carried it so long I've Los track
    It would appear that you take good care of it---smart man.  Mine looks as though it's been a screwdriver, gasket scraper,  pry bar, jack handle, and impact tool-----because it has. :-[
    Nat
    Politics is spherical; the only choice is which side of many to choose.
     But because politics is spherical there are only 2 sides--inside or outside.
     If I wish to maintain sanity I must choose outside.

ARonBoard

Whats everyone's Every Day Carry Knife?
    « Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:54 pm »
    I've been carrying a benchmade Stryker D2 for a few years. It has served me VERY well. Although I have found myself eying replacements recently.

RetroG

• Contributor
    « Reply #56 on: October 17, 2012, 02:14:02 am »
    Usually a Kershaw Blur.  If I'm going someplace dressy I change it out for a Kershaw Leek, as it looks more like a "Gentleman's Knife" and is lower profile.

Comanchero

• Master of Disaster
    • Burning gas and slinging brass!
    « Reply #57 on: October 17, 2012, 02:02:18 pm »
    I carry two CRKT knives all the time. The M16-10Z for my everyday chores (I use this little blade A LOT!) I find the Tanto point and serrated blade to be perfect for getting into/through a wide variety of different materials.

And an M21-04G just in case I need something serious! I prefer the smooth non-serrated blade on this one since if I ever have to use it in a defensive role I would prefer to not have any serrations to hang-up on whatever it may be going into and coming out of.

I find both of them easy to carry and very quick to deploy. I really love the CRKT knives for their ease of use, durability, and reasonable cost. For me they are just the right compromise for a guy on a limited budget.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."

Samuel Adams.

ocvandal

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2012, 09:39:05 pm »
    I have been carrying a Spyderco Citadel

grumpyirish

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2012, 12:57:50 pm »
    My edc blade is a crkt m 16-14z tonto

GunNut

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 10:21:03 pm »
    Some model of Winchester

JesseL

• Sr. Contributor
      • Lambert Gunworks LLC
    « Reply #61 on: October 26, 2012, 06:03:52 am »
    I'm adding this to my daily carry:

Flash

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2012, 05:56:17 am »
    I'm adding this to my daily carry:

I've got one of the originals of that, made around 1978 or so.  Micarta scales, mirror finished blade, leather sheath.  It's too pretty for me to carry, though.

SurpShot

• Proud Defender of History's Patriots
    « Reply #63 on: October 27, 2012, 06:36:32 am »
    My EDC is a POS..... :facepalm but is has a blade, it's sharp, and it works when I need it too.

S&W M&P.........made in China  :-[

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #64 on: November 02, 2012, 01:20:02 pm »
    Well, I'm going to switch to my Benchmade Osborne 140 as my official EDC knife.

I'll see how long it lasts before I lose it. The reason I'm switching EDC knives is because I just lost my cheapie little Kershaw Skyline. I've retraced my steps for the last couple of days that I still had it but still can't find it.  Maybe if I carry a more expensive knife I'll be more carefull.  I doubt but I can always hope.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #65 on: November 17, 2012, 08:21:26 am »
    I just bought a Zero Tolerance 0560 Hinderer (based off his XM-18, but really closer to XM-24 due to size). Came a tad tight from factory. Would only open 50% - 75% when using tang. The final person to touch it at factory must have just had an energy drink. Did one too many turns on screw. After loosening screw around ball bearings 1/4 turn it flies open and is just freaking perfect. It's 0.5 in longer than the ZT 0350 and 0.2 oz heavier. But feels lighter and better balanced. Nice knife. Got it yesterday. Loving it.  :woot

Not my actual knife, but pictures of it from online:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:26:13 am by ItWasntMe »
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:05 pm »
    Gerber Paraframe.
    Tony / Mighty Arms

guardyan_angyl

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 07:43:39 pm »
    For EDC I use a Gerber Auto Opening.  For hunting purposes I always carry a simple Buck Knife for gutting and skinning.

USCCA Training Counselor
    NRA Chief RSO
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA PPITH Instructor
    NRA Home Firearms Instructor
    NRA Refuse to be a Victim Instructor

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #68 on: December 25, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »
    I'm carrying a new ZT350 Harm obtained for me through a friend of his who went to the factory sale. I'll post a picture later. I hear I almost didn't get it cause T was  :drool

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #69 on: December 25, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »
    What factory sale???

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #70 on: December 25, 2012, 05:14:54 pm »
    The Kershaw/ZT Factory parking lot sale.  An acquaintance from another board hits it yearly and takes requests.
    I know where my towel is.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #71 on: December 25, 2012, 05:15:35 pm »
    I hear I almost didn't get it cause T was  :drool

It was close.  I had Harm cornered a couple times, but he ninja'd around me and made for the door.

-T.

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #72 on: December 25, 2012, 08:01:47 pm »
    That's a nice fixed blade. Hoping to get me one soon. Fixed blade is the way to go.   

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #73 on: December 25, 2012, 10:25:35 pm »
    I'm switching EDC knives again.  The good news is I didn't loose the Benchmade I've been using lately.  However, I did get a Kershaw Oso Sweet for a stocking stuffer.  Its pretty good gear for a cheaper (around $20 or so) Chinese knife so I'm going to use it for a while.  Plus this way I don't have to worry about loosing that more expensive Benchmade when using it everyday.
    « Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:28:04 pm by brandyspaw »
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #74 on: December 26, 2012, 10:39:00 am »
    The Kershaw/ZT Factory parking lot sale.  An acquaintance from another board hits it yearly and takes requests.
    I've heard it mentioned once before but I have no idea where it occurs or when. I guess it's not something I'll be attending.  :glare

The ZT-0350 is a great knife and if you can get a deal on one, go for it. It's the perfect size and the blade geometry rocks. I have one of their limited edition ZDP-189 composite plain edge model. It's just amazing. I carried it every day since I got it until recently--I've been carrying the ZT 0560 Hinderer lately because it's newer. :)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement