Username: Password:

Author Topic: Night Owl hang out( Only allowed to post between 0001-0600  (Read 203218 times)

Curmudgeon

Re: Night Owl hang out( Only allowed to post between 0001-0600
« Reply #1125 on: September 14, 2016, 10:39:38 am »
thats an awesome story man.....

rotties have a place in my heart. i had on years ago that was my lap dog. ha big lap dog. but during the big house boom in maricopa and the shitty ppl it brought in a lot of dogs in the neighborhood were poisoned.

Wow.  That sucks.  I'd like to catch some S.O.B. doing that crap.

Had Rotties most of my life.  Got my first one back around 1970.  Nobody knew what they were back then.  People thought it was a Doberman mix. They made amazing progress in popularity over the years.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1126 on: September 20, 2016, 05:53:14 am »
    Good morning guys.  Wife finally back in town from being gone a couple months on business.  Watching the sun about to come up lapping up coffee this morning.  Watching Morning Joe where they bash Trump non stop.
    Anyway hope everyone has great day.

Bouncle

« Reply #1127 on: September 26, 2016, 01:10:25 am »
    What is it about Sunday nights? :shrug

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1128 on: September 26, 2016, 05:41:47 am »
    Good morning guys.

RSM

« Reply #1129 on: September 27, 2016, 01:40:39 am »
    Good morning to anyone out there. Normally I'm not up at this time but having a torn rotator will wake you out of a good sleep. Took some meds and waiting for them to kick in...hopefully it happens soon. Had this one repaired not quite 3 years ago so I'm curious why it tore again. Gotta schedule an MRI to see how bad it is.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1130 on: September 27, 2016, 04:33:34 am »
    Up am lapping up coffee this morning.  Hitting all the "news" programs after the debates.  Lots to do before heading to Mexico on Friday.  Hope all are well this morning.  RSM...hope those meds kick in.

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #1131 on: September 27, 2016, 05:15:23 am »
    Finished loaded a OCW for the lapua and got a new load for the Grendel. Hope to head out Wednesday to test.

That APA brake is so good to me it feels like a strong non braked 308.
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

Bishop112

« Reply #1132 on: September 27, 2016, 09:08:04 am »

That APA brake is so good to me it feels like a strong non braked 308.

That is exactly how I explained it last. Pretty damn amazing. !

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1133 on: September 27, 2016, 10:06:47 am »
    We shot 60 rds.
    Goin tomorrow if ya wana go
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    GLOCK Armorer

RSM

« Reply #1134 on: October 05, 2016, 02:16:45 am »
    Here I am again....can't sleep due to the shoulder. Only slept a solid 3 hrs and laid in bed awake for the last 2 hrs or so. I get up at 3:30 this month to go to work so I'll sit here and watch tv for a while. Good morning everyone.

rfriedman5

« Reply #1135 on: October 05, 2016, 03:43:41 am »
    I'm up most nights, but sure would like to be more productive. At anything. Right now I am watching Netflix, Once Upon a Time in the West.

RSM

« Reply #1136 on: October 05, 2016, 05:21:48 am »
    Damn good movie!

rfriedman5

« Reply #1137 on: October 05, 2016, 05:54:03 am »
    Yes. I'd never seen it.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1138 on: October 06, 2016, 03:50:41 am »
    Not sure what time it is in AZ.  In a little town on the Pacific coast of Mexico west of Puerta Vallarta.  I miss seeing what you guys are talking about.  Hope all is well back there.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #1139 on: October 06, 2016, 03:54:48 am »
    At work about to do a presentation....im still alseep...good thing Im still an hourly supervisor...because today is going to be a long day....but the benefit of this check is a new pew pew hopefully

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #1140 on: October 07, 2016, 06:20:16 am »
    I know its out of the time..but cube forts are awesome...
    I had somebody piss me off and so i grabbed some extra cube walls and attachers..built a roof and blocked in his desk.....then took a personal day...

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1141 on: October 09, 2016, 04:18:53 am »
    I loaded up the car with food from Sam's Club yesterday and headed for an orphanage here in Puerta Vallarta.  Unbelievable what I saw.  The kids were wonderful..just begging for some attention and affection. There are 35 kids of all ages being cared for by a staff or around 7 full time unpaid volunteers.  Only one staff member spoke some  English but we had fun.  I cannot get those kids out of my mind and wonder what will ever become of them. Not sure what time it is in Az so sorry if it is past time to post just had to say something about them.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1142 on: October 10, 2016, 06:44:08 pm »
    I loaded up the car with food from Sam's Club yesterday and headed for an orphanage here in Puerta Vallarta.  Unbelievable what I saw.  The kids were wonderful..just begging for some attention and affection. There are 35 kids of all ages being cared for by a staff or around 7 full time unpaid volunteers.  Only one staff member spoke some  English but we had fun.  I cannot get those kids out of my mind and wonder what will ever become of them. Not sure what time it is in Az so sorry if it is past time to post just had to say something about them.

I don't care if this is the Night Owl Hangout and I'm not supposed to be posting right now.  I just saw this post from yesterday and was disappointed that no one had acknowledged this.  Very cool thing for you to do for those kids down there Jerry.  Most people talk the talk but very few of us walk the walk and make a difference in some kids lives.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #1143 on: October 10, 2016, 10:35:41 pm »
    Agreed.  Well done, sir.    :salute   
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

rfriedman5

« Reply #1144 on: October 16, 2016, 12:55:57 am »
    Bravo. I often think about helping, but rarely get my ass in gear and actually do something. One thing I am proud of. We taught our grandchildren to ask for donations instead of birthday presents and then made the party a trip to the food bank. They do that regularly. I hope it lasts.

If I cannot sleep tonight I will head out to the desert about 4:30 or five and use some some lanterns for enough light to set up some targets. It is beautiful out there in the dark and as the sun rises and I usually have the place to myself. Then about 6:30 when the sun rises I can shoot for a while. I've built a few target frames that are clumsy and ugly, but they do the trick. I'm back in town by 9 at the latest, sometimes before my wife even gets up.
    I'm going about a mile west of Hwy 87, north of Fountain Hills on Sycamore Creek Road. I would welcome your company if anybody is restless and wants to come out. Roads not too bad. A regular car will handle it safely.  Ron Friedman

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #1145 on: October 16, 2016, 07:51:42 am »
    My Wife and I occasionally volunteer at the local Bread Basket. My task involves taking food item out of the freezers and arraying them on the table for the participants to take home.

The past few nights, I've been restless, but I generally take another half tablet of my prescribed sleep aid, and it pretty much works all the time.

I've used these posts https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PKI5HG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and backers https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U6UESS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for some years now.

The posts are plastic and need to have some ground prep work when the ground is hard. They take some beating and I usually replace them every year or two.

I apply Shoot-n-See target stickers; aim small, miss small...

Greg
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:59:31 am by JarheadAZ »
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

rfriedman5

« Reply #1146 on: October 16, 2016, 11:33:51 pm »
    Thanks for the idea. I ordered as soon as I saw the two items.

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1147 on: October 17, 2016, 05:27:25 am »
    Pup decided he wants to play with his squeaker toy at 5am.

Got my 260 brass prepped for the RPR just waiting on the rifle.

NRA Range Safety Officer
    GLOCK Armorer

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #1148 on: October 19, 2016, 04:59:43 am »
    I had not been out of the country since last April but  came through customs and immigration last week and saw the process in Phoenix that was at least new to me.  You have to stand at a terminal and slide your passport in where your picture appears in the screen.  You then have to align your face to the screen image and a picture is taken and printed out.  I had not seen this before but maybe I came through Dallas last time which may not have it.  Has anyone else seen this?   Is this the facial recognition everyone is hopped up about?

Bouncle

« Reply #1149 on: October 27, 2016, 02:34:00 am »
     :coffee

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement