Username: Password:

Author Topic: So what did you buy today/this week/this month? (gun related)  (Read 399713 times)

rfriedman5

Re: So what did you buy today/this week/this month? (gun related)
« Reply #1000 on: May 24, 2016, 08:28:22 pm »
I bought a Sig 226 MK 25 9 mm. But I won't have it in my hands until the weekend. It's a birthday present from my wife. Actually, she gave me an even bigger gift. When I bought my first 22 pistol and Ruger 10-22 about 4 months ago, they really frightened her. (Like a lot of uninformed people she thought it might just "go off." But as I gained confidence in handling these starter guns, she became less anxious. Offering me the Sig--I talk about it all the time--demonstrated her change of heart. (Maybe we can do that to the rest of the anti-gun crowd.) So now she has my wish list and we are shopping for a gun safe.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #1001 on: May 24, 2016, 08:53:49 pm »
    I bought a Sig 226 MK 25 9 mm. But I won't have it in my hands until the weekend. It's a birthday present from my wife. Actually, she gave me an even bigger gift. When I bought my first 22 pistol and Ruger 10-22 about 4 months ago, they really frightened her. (Like a lot of uninformed people she thought it might just "go off." But as I gained confidence in handling these starter guns, she became less anxious. Offering me the Sig--I talk about it all the time--demonstrated her change of heart. (Maybe we can do that to the rest of the anti-gun crowd.) So now she has my wish list and we are shopping for a gun safe.

Hell yeah. That's one helluva pistol. Congrats on and the Mrs  seeing eye to eye. :thumbup
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #1002 on: May 24, 2016, 09:26:47 pm »
    What is the Difference between the TRS-32 and TRS-25?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRS 25 is smaller, with a smaller tube, smaller dot. The TRS-32 is part of the new Bushnell AR Optics line, made for flattop AR pattern or similar rifles. I co-witnesses with the folding BUIS, and works very well with the cheek rest on the folding stock. Me likee.

Also, the TRS 32 is about $20-30 more at the register due to the high rise mount.

kydexwerks

« Reply #1003 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:21 pm »
    2k rounds of 5.56 on Saturday.

3 rubber dummy targets with stands today.

And ill probably snatch a remington 700 in .308 sometime this week.

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    « Reply #1004 on: May 25, 2016, 09:00:34 am »

Congrats! I've wanted a 226-TAC-Ops for forever!!

Retired from solving other People's Problems
    CWO-4 US Army Retired/Medical
    NSDQ!!!

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    « Reply #1005 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:45 am »
    TRS 25 is smaller, with a smaller tube, smaller dot. The TRS-32 is part of the new Bushnell AR Optics line, made for flattop AR pattern or similar rifles. I co-witnesses with the folding BUIS, and works very well with the cheek rest on the folding stock. Me likee.

Also, the TRS 32 is about $20-30 more at the register due to the high rise mount.

Gotcha...I've had my eve on the 2x T-dot for some time....

NSDQ!!!

AzShooter1

« Reply #1006 on: May 26, 2016, 04:44:17 am »
    Mr. Bulletfeeder for my Dillon RL650.  Now I can load 100 rounds in 5 minutes.  Takes longer to load the primer tubes than the rounds themselves.

Then I bought a case lot of 147 grain 9mm bullets.  This should last me a little while.

rfriedman5

« Reply #1007 on: May 26, 2016, 06:49:56 am »
    Congrats! I've wanted a 226-TAC-Ops for forever!!

NSDQ!!!

I was torn between what I bought and the Tac-OPs, but the price was best for the MK 25. Still too much money for a retired guy, but if I skip a few meals and make a few other cut backs...

rfriedman5

« Reply #1008 on: May 26, 2016, 06:51:15 am »
    Hell yeah. That's one helluva pistol. Congrats on and the Mrs  seeing eye to eye. :thumbup
    Thank you. I feel pretty good about both apsects.

kalifornia refugee

« Reply #1009 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:08 pm »
    I picked up a used Sig P2022 in 9mm. Really sweat to have the 15 round magazines :-).

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #1010 on: May 26, 2016, 09:26:42 pm »
    I just added another 1911 pistol to my collection.  It's a commander-length STI Spartan in 9mm.

:love
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    « Reply #1011 on: May 26, 2016, 09:45:13 pm »
    I just added another 1911 pistol to my collection.  It's a commander-length STI Spartan in 9mm.

:love

Outstanding!!!

kydexwerks

« Reply #1012 on: May 29, 2016, 09:16:55 am »
    Another 2k rounds of 5.56. Cant beat that $6 per box of 20 deal.

Almost took home a remington 700 sps in .308, but couldnt bring myself to buy a remington.

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    « Reply #1013 on: May 29, 2016, 10:13:35 am »
    Another 2k rounds of 5.56. Cant beat that $6 per box of 20 deal.

Almost took home a remington 700 sps in .308, but couldnt bring myself to buy a remington.

It's the same thing that's keeping me from a Rem. 1911-R1/9mm Remington Meh.

rfriedman5

« Reply #1014 on: May 29, 2016, 11:49:07 am »
    Maybe you can help me out with something. I have been shooting for only about four months. I own a S and W 22, a Ruger 10—22 and a Sig 226 MK 25 9 mm. I can barely pay for the Sig, but I think I want a rifle next and I was thinking about a Remington 700 SPS. It has had a good reputation, but the later models in the 700 series have been described as real junk. I want a bolt action and will use it mainly for targets beyond the range of my 22. I also am thinking about a Savage, probably 110. I may have some of these models mixed up a bit. Is there strong opinion that a Remington rifle is a bad move? It will take a while before I have the spare $700 the Remington costs so I really can’t go any higher. All opinions welcome. Thanks.

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #1015 on: May 29, 2016, 12:06:34 pm »
    Maybe you can help me out with something. I have been shooting for only about four months. I own a S and W 22, a Ruger 10—22 and a Sig 226 MK 25 9 mm. I can barely pay for the Sig, but I think I want a rifle next and I was thinking about a Remington 700 SPS. It has had a good reputation, but the later models in the 700 series have been described as real junk. I want a bolt action and will use it mainly for targets beyond the range of my 22. I also am thinking about a Savage, probably 110. I may have some of these models mixed up a bit. Is there strong opinion that a Remington rifle is a bad move? It will take a while before I have the spare $700 the Remington costs so I really can’t go any higher. All opinions welcome. Thanks.

Take a look at the Mossberg MVP in 5.56mm. It would cheaper to own and shoot.

AlmightySheep

« Reply #1016 on: May 29, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »

Look at Tikka's and CZ's too! CZ 527 .223 or Tikka Varmint .223
    "When there is mutual fear men think twice before they make aggression upon one another."
    -Hermocrates of Syracuse

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #1017 on: May 29, 2016, 01:01:11 pm »
    I don't think there bad even though I'll talk trash about em. Remington and savage still put out a damn good rifle.

The new tikka t3x is suppose to fix all the issues with regular t3. And that's around 750. But nowhere near the aftermarket like the Remington

Many ppl wana get a bolt gun and expect it to be an amazing accurate rifle. There's so much more to it
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #1018 on: May 29, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »
    Another good option to consider for a bolt action would be a milsurp.  Personally I'd lean towards a M1903A3 if you can find one.  Other options are Enfields or Mosin Nagants.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

6.5 Gunner

« Reply #1019 on: May 29, 2016, 06:16:49 pm »
    If you're going milsurp nothing beats a Swedish 6.5x55 or Argentine 7.65x53 Mauser. Ammo is readily available via PPU (prvi partisan), they're both soft shooters (my dad loves those two because he doesn't need a recoil pad), and are prime candidates for stepping into reloading. If you just HAVE to put glass on top there are plenty of sporters on gunbroker for good prices too.

rfriedman5

« Reply #1020 on: May 29, 2016, 06:33:42 pm »
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I had no idea where to even begin and now I have enough to keep me busy for quite a while. Greatly appreciated.

hikingwithguns

« Reply #1021 on: May 30, 2016, 06:32:19 am »
    Got a new BCM mid length 16" upper and put a vortex strike eagle on it. And I got rid of the bullet button on that lower haha. It's shooting 2 moa at the moment with 77 gr otm, may try some different 77 gr ammo and see if I can get to 1 moa, though maybe that's a bit much to ask of an AR.
    “Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.” Joe Biden

sabo

« Reply #1022 on: May 30, 2016, 07:26:12 am »
    I got 420 rds of Federal 223 55 grn on striper clips in a Ammo can from Mass Ammo.
    Down the Rabbit Hole we go.

lesptr

So what did you buy today/this week/this month? (gun related)
    « Reply #1023 on: May 31, 2016, 06:04:41 pm »
    Dealer transfer finally came through, it took a little more than 90 days. Paperwork is finally done in on our last NFA item on our trust.

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #1024 on: May 31, 2016, 09:16:45 pm »
    Dealer transfer finally came through, it took a little more than 90 days. Paperwork is finally done in on our last NFA item on our trust.

Dang that's quiet looking. Is for a rifle or pistol or both?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement