Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trying to decide.  (Read 1515 times)

kalifornia refugee

Trying to decide.
« on: April 03, 2014, 04:51:21 pm »
Yesterday while out looking for speed loaders finally found a Glock 30 here in kommifornia, for 675.00. I wanted to buy it, but the lady wants me to wait until we move to Arizona this summer. So I'm curious if anyone here could tell what the average price for one is there. Also here I would be paying a additional 25.00 DROS fee. If there a significant difference I will just wait. Thanks all.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    Re: Trying to decide.
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:04:15 pm »
    Yesterday while out looking for speed loaders finally found a Glock 30 here in kommifornia, for 675.00. I wanted to buy it, but the lady wants me to wait until we move to Arizona this summer. So I'm curious if anyone here could tell what the average price for one is there. Also here I would be paying a additional 25.00 DROS fee. If there a significant difference I will just wait. Thanks all.

I don't know about local prices specifically, but you can get one from buds and do the FFL transfer when you are here (most here do it for 20 bucks). Biggest benefit I can see is that you will get it here with 15rd mags vs 10rd mags.

So $545 + $20 ffl transfer, no tax = $565

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_43/products_id/73522/Glock+30+.45+Auto+Fixed+Sights

That was just one option, can check some local shops and gun broker. Might be able to safe a few bucks. Oh, and buds has a few other g30 models if there was a specific one that you liked.
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:07:23 pm »
    I bought my Glock 30 6 months ago or so. Glockmeister had (has) them for $550 +tax.

Cyris,
    Sure you can put a 15 rd mag in a G30, but they come from the factory with a 10 rd double stack. The 15 rounder sticks past the grip quite a bit, negating the benefit of the sub compact. Easy enough to carry an extra mag in your pocket
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 05:16:03 pm »
    I bought my Glock 30 6 months ago or so. Glockmeister had (has) them for $550 +tax.

Cyris,
    Sure you can put a 15 rd mag in a G30, but they come from the factory with a 10 rd double stack. The 15 rounder sticks past the grip quite a bit, negating the benefit of the sub compact. Easy enough to carry an extra mag in your pocket

Good point =)
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

kalifornia refugee

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »
    I don't know about local prices specifically, but you can get one from buds and do the FFL transfer when you are here (most here do it for 20 bucks). Biggest benefit I can see is that you will get it here with 15rd mags vs 10rd mags.

So $545 + $20 ffl transfer, no tax = $565

Well then that's a significant savings, considering here it be a total of 675+ 25 DROS fee and tax. That will help pay for couple extra mags and holsters.
    I will just wait til I move. I will say with price differences like that, I will be buying lot more guns and another safe.  :-)

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:27:48 pm »
    Plus the "waiting period" is all of 5-15 minutes (unless you have a ccw permit)   Time is money
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

billt

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 03:20:19 am »
    I would wait. Trying to compare buying a gun here, (Arizona), to California, is a bit like comparing painless dentistry, to doing a root canal with a Dremel and a shot of whiskey.
    "Our priorities as a nation are screwed up. It's funny how they can put a pair of 20 year old breasts on an old woman, or put a boner on an 80 year old man, or change one into the other. But they still can't cure Cancer."

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement