Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shoulder-fired .50BMG?  (Read 1170 times)

Thernlund

• Administrator
Shoulder-fired .50BMG?
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »
Saw this via TFB...

SERO GM6 Lynx

The folks at Hungarian gun magazine Gun Magazin had the opportunity to test the SERO GM6 Lynx, SERO's lightweight and low-recoil shoulder fired .50 BMG semi-automatic rifle. I am looking forward to the full report, which they tell me will be published online in both English as well as Hungarian.

SOURCE:  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/06/20/sero-gm6-lynx/

The thing I found most interesting is here in this video.  I don't have sound right now, so forgive me if it's not work-safe.  Tread carefully.

Check out about 0:48 on.  There's a shot shortly after that of the soldier firing it.

Reciprocal barrel.  And that was a loooong cycle.  Whoa.  Interesting. 

I'd hate to feel the recoil on that thing without that action.   :'(

-T.
    The views expressed in this post are personal views only and not those of AZGO.  AZGO doesn't have views.  It's a piece of software.

AlmightySheep

Re: Shoulder-fired .50BMG?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »
That last shot was BAD-ASS!
Also, it's safe for work.
"When there is mutual fear men think twice before they make aggression upon one another."
-Hermocrates of Syracuse

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:23:47 AM »
Nice.  I also liked the opening shot of the shock wave from the muzzle blast laying the grass down around the soldier firing that thing.   :yes
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness.  Bad manners.  Lack of consideration for others in minor matters.  A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."

Robert A. Heinlein,  "Friday"

JesseL

• Administrator
    • Lambert Gunworks LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »
I understand that with a good muzzle brake and enough weight, the recoil on most .50 BMG rifles isn't too bad.

I recall an article I read in the early 90's about the Maadi Griffin (bolt action bullpup .50) that described it as comparable to shooting slugs from a 12 gauge.

DanTheEldest

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
Simply viewing the video is a misdemeanor in California. 

I like it.   8)
The AK-47: Designed to be easily field stripped, reassembled, and used effectively by half-drunk, half-frozen, illiterate conscripts. Upon finding one buried in Mother Russia's mud after last year's Regimental exercises: retrieve from ground, pee into action, cycle bolt, and get back to work.

ccapehart1017

• 1st bat. 8th Cavalry Regiment. OIF 06-08
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
that video was so horribly shot 2 seconds of actually shooting and all the loud music and helicopters flying around
a bunch of us in my unit took turns shooting the m107 from our shoulders standing its pretty easy unless yer a little guy with short arms
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:09:24 PM by ccapehart1017 »