Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shoulder-fired .50BMG?  (Read 1549 times)

Thernlund

• Administrator
Shoulder-fired .50BMG?
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »
Saw this via TFB...

SERO GM6 Lynx

The folks at Hungarian gun magazine Gun Magazin had the opportunity to test the SERO GM6 Lynx, SERO's lightweight and low-recoil shoulder fired .50 BMG semi-automatic rifle. I am looking forward to the full report, which they tell me will be published online in both English as well as Hungarian.

SOURCE:  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/06/20/sero-gm6-lynx/

The thing I found most interesting is here in this video.  I don't have sound right now, so forgive me if it's not work-safe.  Tread carefully.

Check out about 0:48 on.  There's a shot shortly after that of the soldier firing it.

Reciprocal barrel.  And that was a loooong cycle.  Whoa.  Interesting. 

I'd hate to feel the recoil on that thing without that action.   :'(

-T.
    The views expressed in this post are personal views only and not those of AZGO.  AZGO doesn't have views.  It's a piece of software.

AlmightySheep

Re: Shoulder-fired .50BMG?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »
That last shot was BAD-ASS!
Also, it's safe for work.
"When there is mutual fear men think twice before they make aggression upon one another."
-Hermocrates of Syracuse

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:23:47 AM »
Nice.  I also liked the opening shot of the shock wave from the muzzle blast laying the grass down around the soldier firing that thing.   :yes
"Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce.   They are bought and sold.  You can hire them by the year or by the hour.  The only thing in the world not for sale is character." 
                  U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

JesseL

• Administrator
    • Lambert Gunworks LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »
I understand that with a good muzzle brake and enough weight, the recoil on most .50 BMG rifles isn't too bad.

I recall an article I read in the early 90's about the Maadi Griffin (bolt action bullpup .50) that described it as comparable to shooting slugs from a 12 gauge.

DanTheEldest

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
Simply viewing the video is a misdemeanor in California. 

I like it.   8)
The AK-47: Designed to be easily field stripped, reassembled, and used effectively by half-drunk, half-frozen, illiterate conscripts. Upon finding one buried in Mother Russia's mud after last year's Regimental exercises: retrieve from ground, pee into action, cycle bolt, and get back to work.

ccapehart1017

• 1st bat. 8th Cavalry Regiment. OIF 06-08
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
that video was so horribly shot 2 seconds of actually shooting and all the loud music and helicopters flying around
a bunch of us in my unit took turns shooting the m107 from our shoulders standing its pretty easy unless yer a little guy with short arms
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:09:24 PM by ccapehart1017 »