Username: Password:

Author Topic: Carry handle to match PSA upper?  (Read 1969 times)

BanxJ502

• Contributor
Carry handle to match PSA upper?
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:57 pm »
Like usual, title sums it up. Anyone have a Palmetto state armory ar15? If so what carry handle matches the finish? I like everything to match, so i dont want to get a carry handle that looks like it doesnt belong there..

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

AHOLDUU

Re: Carry handle to match PSA upper?
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:21:05 pm »
    Well I think this problem could be solved using the reverse method as there are not too many companies making carry handles.  Never had a PSA upper but I have a couple others that all match the rock river arms carry handle I have.  Don't know if that helps.

BanxJ502

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:31:58 pm »
    Well i already have the rifle so not much i can do there. PSA sells one that matches but they are sold out.. So far the UTG mil spec carry handle is looking the best. I found a picture of it on the PSA upper and i honestly cant tell a difference in the photo. For 50$ i think i will give it a try.

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:33:59 am »
    DPMS carry handles , at Brownells are around 90.00 theres a bunch on Amazon from 18.00 to 50.00.  :hmm  guess ya just gotta shop around.
    Tony / Mighty Arms

AHOLDUU

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:21:32 am »
    I will say that I love the rock river carry handle.  It's a quality piece of kit.  I should mention however that I did not pay it's $130 price tag.  Lucky for me a fine fellow got it as part of an AR and as he decided to put a RDS or scope on top he was happy to trade me for my MBUS. 

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 01:02:24 pm »
    The standard black finish should be pretty close.. but if you want a real match, get the whole thing cerakoted/duracoated/hydrodipped/krylon'd (probably in that order of quality and cost).
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

BanxJ502

• Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 03:42:20 pm »
    Well i just received the UTG carry handle i ordered... Not only does it in no way match, it looks like it was spray painted with some Krylon and very roughly casted metal. Very disappointed, but thats what i get for trying to save a few bucks i guess. I see PSA has their carry handles in stock again, so im going to order one of those. Id imagine it would match their own finish.

JohnBomb

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 08:09:32 pm »
    Utg is hit & miss with quality. Luckily my 3 slot riser was a 'hit'.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement