Username: Password:

Author Topic: BUG OUT NOW  (Read 20224 times)

armoredman

• Contributor
Re: BUG OUT NOW
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 10:18:36 am »
Easy answer...

CZ-USA distributed SA vz-58 with chest pouch and CZ SP-01 Phantom. Awesome combo.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #51 on: November 06, 2013, 02:37:36 pm »
    At this point I'd still likely go w my 303 Cooper Scout Enfield & my Sig 226 9mm. 
    I know where my towel is.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #52 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:06 pm »
    Still a good choice.   ;-)
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ponymoves

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »
       IDK   I think I may go with  unusual calibers as ammo may be easier to acquire :hmm 

AHOLDUU

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 07:24:30 am »
    If I'm bugging out because i know there's a liklihood for violence if i dont and im not sure WHAT it is I'll take my Tanker Enfield and my Sig P228. 

I want something w enough thump for Vampires, Zombies, Werewolves and California Heels Angel Meth Heads.  Its a short rifle w 10rds of 30-06 level power on tap thats comfortable to shoot and carry. 

My 228 I can run 20rd mags in and i carry daily.  Ready to shoot and i know how to get hits w it.

Gotta watch out for those heel angles.   :rotfl

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 07:29:38 am »
    Awww heel...  ;-)
    I know where my towel is.

AHOLDUU

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 07:48:22 am »
    Personally, I do not purchase a bunch of good guns, I save for the best.  The AR is a custom DD that's a laser so it can be used for defense / hunting small game.  The optic is a aimpoint with a battery life of 3000 hours and flash light with a lot as well.  Due to 5.56 I can carry a good amount of ammo.  Handgun would be a Gen 4 Glock 19 for the same reason.  If the wife can bring a weapon too I would have her take the light weight AR.  Has a LW DD barrel and all magpul furniture so I know she would be able to carry it over long distances.  The main reason for two ARs though is that I would only need to bring one spare parts kit as they have part commonality.  Her hand gun would be a Kahr P9 for weight and size.  This is also good because we would only need to take 2 types of ammo.  The kids would have to have .22s because they would not be able to handle anything bigger. 

With all that my main focus would more be on the medical / camping supplies.  I don't think this would ever happen but if it did I already have everything packed and ready to go.  My parents have a ranch that is surrounded by mountains and heavy desert with only one road in or out.  They have horse and great elevation with 360 view.  The house blends in nice to the surrounding and is hidden well.  Like I said, I highly doubt anything close will ever happen but if it did I really wouldn't worry too much.

TCB Firearms

• Kydex Slinger
      • TCB Firearms and Holsters
    « Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 08:02:32 am »
    G23 and my AR....
    Common magazines and ammo can be resupplied "on the run" and i have several magazines already loaded and ready to go for these 2 since they are my main tools of the trade. Weapon choice is somewhat irrelevant if you do not have the training and desire to use them as intended.
    I would use my hands to get a knife, the knife to get a handgun, the handgun to get a carbine and the carbine to get a machine-gun...
    lather, rinse, repeat. YMMV
    Peace through superior firepower!
    https://www.facebook.com/TCB.Firearms?ref=hl

ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
    • Contributor
      • Shooters Element
    « Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 09:00:27 am »
    I would take: My ACR (5.56) and my HK USP (.40) {unless I have another SW M&P that's not setup for competition, then i would take that in 9 or 40}
    My wife: Ruger 10-22 (couple of 25 rounds mags and tons of ammo) and her CZ75D (9MM)
    Shooters Element

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement

Bob Z Moose

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2014, 02:29:28 pm »
    Sorry for the necro post, but figured I could give this a shot, since it's so interesting.

Even though I'm in the PHX Metro area, I'm going to have to stick here and hunker down. Too many things to go wrong when leaving (freeway jams, car troubles, running out of gas, limited supplies I can fit into my Explorer, ect.) and too many family members with chronic health problems. Got the food, water, and medicine to hunker down, as well as a solid brick house with a sturdy cinder block fence to defend. Basically, got the guns, ammo, and supplies to hunker down and the closest you can get to an urban castle in which to enjoy/defend them.

As for the artillery, I would snag the good old Benelli (removing the magazine plug) and my Taurus M92 Compact clone. Got enough 12 gauge to put up a good fight against any Golden Horde that comes knocking and the Taurus gives me plenty of 9mm to throw at any problem when the 12 gauge dries up.

AZ9

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2014, 04:12:19 pm »
    I myslef would grab my Ak and my Glock 19.

N.M.Edmands

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:05 pm »
    Everytime I see one of these "bug out" threads I'm reminded of a sig line from a fellow that posts as "oldskeetshooter" on another forum:

"A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration." :glare
    Nat
    Politics is spherical; the only choice is which side of many to choose.
     But because politics is spherical there are only 2 sides--inside or outside.
     If I wish to maintain sanity I must choose outside.

AChristianMarksman

• “Part time Instructor, Eternal Student”
    « Reply #62 on: April 01, 2014, 05:41:47 pm »
    Everytime I see one of these "bug out" threads I'm reminded of a sig line from a fellow that posts as "oldskeetshooter" on another forum:

"A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration." :glare
    Not so sure that is a very wise man,   the man would be dead within a week around here.
    “God comes through every time when you place your trust in him."

"The circumstances of life, the events of life, and the people around me in life, do not make me the way I am, but reveal the way I am" [Dr. Sam Peeples].

altsehastiin

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »

Ah, so your buddy is this guy

Tyler Smith from Doomsday Preppers...

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/11/08/2880656/national-geographics-doomsday.html

Gaston34

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2014, 07:26:38 pm »
    The "wise man" sounds a bit over confident.  He is most likely the sidewalk commando in this case.

Vaquero

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2014, 06:36:32 am »
    From the safe?
    M92 lever in .357
    Blackhawk in .357
    A literal bucket of bullets.

Now I need to decide which vehicle I'm takingb based on where I'm going and what "goodies" are already in said vehicles.

N.M.Edmands

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2014, 09:30:22 am »
    I wouldn't go that far, but I have given the neighborhood hoarder a grocery list of things I like to eat and a pamphlet about the evils of gun ownership.
    :rotflI like the way you think GT! :thumbup   And a man who would accomplish that quote I posted wouldn't be broadcasting it or posting in bug out threads, i'm guessing. :blink
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:33:18 am by N.M.Edmands »
    Nat
    Politics is spherical; the only choice is which side of many to choose.
     But because politics is spherical there are only 2 sides--inside or outside.
     If I wish to maintain sanity I must choose outside.

Rusty Young Man

• Open Carry advocate
    • "A Right unexercised is a Right lost."
    « Reply #67 on: April 03, 2014, 12:39:15 pm »
    Prepping? Me? Oh no, I wouldn't do any of that. I also lost all my guns up in Phoenix in the great ice-fishing accident of 2013.;-)

In all seriousness, anyone who observes traffic at rush hour knows deep down that bugging out by vehicle is not an option unless you have a semi-truck and will barrel through stationary cars clogging up the road.
    http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/06/mexican-army-finds-zeta-monsters-in.html
    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.”-- Frederic Bastiat

I carry for self defense, desensitizing, and educating. In that order.

pistolpadre

• Christian, proud geezer, i speak 1911's,harleys
    « Reply #68 on: April 03, 2014, 12:56:56 pm »
    From the safe?
    M92 lever in .357
    Blackhawk in .357
    A literal bucket of bullets.

Now I need to decide which vehicle I'm takingb based on where I'm going and what "goodies" are already in said vehicles.

already keep ''stuff'' in 'said' vehicle.. we'd take the green one, it has everything GTG as it is.. lop.. ha ha .. goods to see ya back here..
    OK kids let's all chant together
    ooO'wwaaT'aaREE'taarD'iaMM'

Dragoon6

• "Lord Make Me Fast and Accurate..."
    « Reply #69 on: April 03, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »
    If I had to choose it would be an AR clone with a 7.62x39 upper and a Barretta M9.

Looking back on what I posted over two years ago, I can say that the only thing I would change would be the pistol - Steyr M40-A1 instead of the Beretta.  Simple reason being; we have "His and Her's" matching sets. of both the AR and the Steyr.  Just makes sense.
    A Snider squibbed in the jungle,
    Somebody laughed and fled,
    And the men of the First Shikaris
    Picked up their Subaltern dead,
    With a big blue mark in his forehead
    And the back blown out of his head.

kalifornia refugee

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2014, 04:34:47 pm »
    For me my AR and 1911, the fiancée her AR and Sig 225. Need work on getting her a 1911 also, or myself another Sig 225. That way our ammo and magazines are interchangeable.

Alex

• Contributor
    « Reply #71 on: April 24, 2014, 09:42:48 am »
    Long gun Easy
    Trusted rem 870 with tube extension. I know it well, shoot it well and have had it about 20 yrs.

Hand gun
    XD.45 13 rds of .45 in one neat little package

Oh and since I am not leaving my wife I guess we will have an xd9 as well. Hope that is not cheating   :-)

Rusty Young Man

• Open Carry advocate
    « Reply #72 on: April 24, 2014, 04:21:47 pm »
    Long gun Easy
    Trusted rem 870 with tube extension. I know it well, shoot it well and have had it about 20 yrs.

Hand gun
    XD.45 13 rds of .45 in one neat little package

Oh and since I am not leaving my wife I guess we will have an xd9 as well. Hope that is not cheating   :-)

Well, does the XD9 know about this? :rotfl

One thing I should have mentioned in my previous post is that my focus right now is on slowly building up ammo reserves (NOT hoarding) and increasing my range time (does me no good if I can't hit what I'm aiming for).
    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.”-- Frederic Bastiat

Rusty Young Man

• Open Carry advocate
    « Reply #73 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:06 pm »
    I like to buy 2x or 3x what I'm going to shoot.  So if I go to the range and blow 200 rounds of caliber X, then I save back an additional 200 to 400 rounds of that same caliber. By only shooting half of what I buy - even if I can only get it in small lots and save up for a weekend on the range - I find that balancing shooting and saving is an easy task.

I try to do something similar where I try to use up less than half of what I order from J&G (local stuff is usually priced higher, and I try to order in small bunches to save on shipping). The problem there is I don't order all that often, which causes going to the range to be a rare-ish event (food, apt, and tuition). :-\
    It's one reason I'd like to get into reloading ASAP, so that my "idle" time can be spent assembling 230-grain fun, one inexpensive round at a time. :yes Already collect and store my brass for when that day finally arrives.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement