Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dog's in cars  (Read 7051 times)

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
  • Administrator
Re: Dog's in cars
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 04:27:56 am »
Heat alarms are designed to go off if the engine dies or the A/C stops working. They also have a setting for cold weather if the heat dies although this really isn't a factor in most parts of AZ.  They are pretty much mandatory equipment in AZ.

If it gets too hot in the car the windows roll down, a fan goes on, the lights flash, and the horn honks. My heat alarm has a remote that will alert me if the heat alarm sounds.

Police dogs love being in their car. It's definitely on of their favorite places.  My car runs the whole shift in the summer. In the winter I might shut it off if it isn't too cold.

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

K9ROCKY

• Over the Rim
    « Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 01:48:34 pm »
    Thanks guys. Yes, if I have to leave the truck for a few minutes and can't take him with me,
    I leave the truck running and the AC on high and locked. My truck has COLD AC also.
    I sometimes just stay in the truck with him while the wife shops or we get out and wander around with him on the leash, especially if he needs to "Take a break!"
    One thing I did not know is that most K9 dogs are trained to take a crap on bushes or in bushes
    so when you are in a motel you won't have to pick up the poop. :thumbup

BTW, Rocky love to be in the truck whether it's going or not. ;-D
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:53:09 pm by XDS9 »
    Bill
    K7ANT
    Comtrain TS&R Instructor
    NRA
    AZCDL
    USCCA

May God bless the Sheepdogs of America

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 01:57:55 pm »
    BTW, Rocky love to be in the truck whether it's going or not. ;-D

Ours likes to be in the vehicle too.  She'll charge out the door (she's big, so it's hard to stop her), cry until someone opens to vehicle door, jump in the back seat, and sit there while we unload groceries (or whatever).  I've no idea why.   :rolleyes

-T.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »
    Ours likes to be in the vehicle too.  She'll charge out the door (she's big, so it's hard to stop her), cry until someone opens to vehicle door, jump in the back seat, and sit there while we unload groceries (or whatever).  I've no idea why.   :rolleyes
    That is hilarious. :rotfl
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 02:11:03 pm »
    Even moreso... sometimes my wife has to drive her around the block to get her to want to get out.   :facepalm

-T.

capcyclone

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 07:41:10 pm »
    Even moreso... sometimes my wife has to drive her around the block to get her to want to get out.   :facepalm

-T.

Oh my!  And I thought MY dog was spoiled!   ;-D

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »
    She's a big dog.  She's not going to be forced out of a car.  Trust that.   :-\

-T.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 07:49:33 pm »
    100lb dogs are not fun to force to do anything...I force my german into his cage every morning....

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 08:01:35 pm »
    She's a big dog.  She's not going to be forced out of a car. [...]
    You clearly haven't discovered the power of bologna. :rotfl :whistle
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 08:08:05 pm »
    The power of bologna only works if you give your dog human food..

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »
    Probably.

The way the law is written seems to allow for some degree of judgement.

-T.

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:19 pm »
    100lb dogs are not fun to force to do anything...I force my german into his cage every morning....
    My pitty is 60# and just as hard to move....pinch the scruff of the neck like an alpha would and I win every time.. Haven't had to do it for a year now...she knows I mean business when I use my "MAN" voice
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

K9ROCKY

• Over the Rim
    « Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 07:22:15 pm »

-T.

That's funny! :rotfl Most dogs love to ride in the car/truck. Dogs can be very enjoyable. Every
    time I grab Rocky's lease off the hook or touch the truck door, he does loops or
    dog cartwheels. :rotfl
    Bill
    K7ANT
    Comtrain TS&R Instructor
    NRA
    AZCDL
    USCCA

May God bless the Sheepdogs of America

Kronos

• Han shot first!
    « Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 11:55:48 am »
    That's absurd. I think I would've called the police or animal control... I'm not sure about the MVD here in AZ, but when I was in MD if you went to the MVA (same thing) you expected to be there for at least an hour. Absolutely not safe for a pet.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #39 on: October 24, 2014, 11:58:02 am »
    ^^ Agree.  I'd have called the cops.  MVD is just customer service.  I don't think they're going to do anything other than appease their customers.

-T.

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #40 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:06 pm »
    I don't like going to MVD off duty. Sure don't want to hang around it on duty.  :rotfl
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    Dog's in cars
    « Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 03:42:01 am »
    My dog son is a rescue. He was abandoned in the desert south of Phx, and attacked by a yote or a jav. We take him with us a lot, but never leave him in the car unless one of us stays with him. Meet Sgt. Gator. An 85+ lb old English Bulldogge, with 362 Facebook friends....he will be 4 on Veterans Day....hates other animals, loves People, esp. Kids!! Has a high rev motor,....very loyal to my wife and I,...adopted from a rescue in Tempe on 6/7/12...

• Contributor
    « Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 06:49:02 am »
    One of my dog's are also an English Bulldog.  I have had them all my life.  The reason I can't live without them is because it's the only dog that I am smarter than.

338lapua

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 08:01:42 pm »
    I will leave my dog or dogs in my truck when I run into a convenience store but I leave it running with the ac on. I am never gone for more than a minute or two. I had a stupid woman I should call her what she really is let my dog out of the truck and nearly get eaten when it was 75 degrees in the morning. It was great he had her pinned against the wall barking ready to tear her apart until I called him off, she was in tears. Moral of the story don't open the door of a truck or car with a fully trained guard dog in it.

Most of the time I just put a service dog vest on them and take them in since there is a law now that prevents anyone from asking me if they really are service dogs.

338lapua

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

I just say one word to mine and they go in, I can leave for two hours without closing the door to their kennel and they are still in when I get back. They will come out if someone breaks in. It's all in the training.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 08:09:10 pm »
    Im still working with mine....He is a 5 year old German Shepard rescue that has severe separation anxiety....He is getting A LOT better than what he was when we first got him....

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 12:43:18 am »
    They do take time to understand that it's not the end of the world.  Eventually it becomes a safe place that they want to be in.

-T.

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    Dog's in cars
    « Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 01:06:37 am »
    Gator loves his Crate. It's still his safe place, but the door is now always open. He sits in it if he sees us getting ready to go out. If I get his lead he gets exited, but still listens when you tell him where to wait, he knows Front Door is a "Walkie" and side door is A ride in the SUV. I have not d/Led the picks from last Friday. He was out of his costume in 7 minutes, tore it apart. We will still to collars and Bandanas. He's 4 next Tuesday, Veterans Day...
    « Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:09:21 am by Dr. Football »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement