Username: Password:

Author Topic: Inherited  (Read 709 times)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
Inherited
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »
My mother in law passed away and left me these two  items.  She was a wonderful woman and when when she was ill we went back east numerous times to do what we could do for her.. On one of these visits she relayed how she had the .41 Mag loaded for home defense.(?).   Anyway at some point she had the .41 Mag in  her hand and it fired...which is an incredibly  scary thing... and punctured a good size hole in the ceiling. She said he she could not hear for several days...which you have to smile at.  Upon hearing that when I was back I immediately  unloaded the handgun and tucked the ammo safely back in my carry on.  After a week or so it was time to fly back to Az....and we were at the airport  going through the dreaded security screening.  I saw bag disappear in the tunnel and watched as they  selected my bag for further screening.  They started wiping it down and no doubt picked up some residue from the ammunition.   Well look out...they got all knotted up and and called for back up while I stood there and wondered ..did I really take all the rounds out....did I get all six ?..or did I leave one...or course it is my job to doubt myself at this point.  They rubbed it  until I thought perhaps they were going to put excessive wear on my carry on and casting sideways looks at me they grudgingly let it pass... much to their disappointment .  Anyway to the disappointment  of all concerned at the Indianapolis International  airport I am a free man among you.

A  S&W 66-2 .357 Mag
A  S&W  58    .41 Mag

Both of which I would not trade for the world as she was truly a wonderful woman.

JesseL

• Administrator
    • Lambert Gunworks LLC
Re: Inherited
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Any lady that kept a model 58 Smith for home defense is good in my book.

I'm sorry for your loss, but congratulate you on having had such a fine lady as a mother-in-law.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:20:15 PM »
Well thanks...she was a great lady and treated me like her own son.

Thernlund

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »
My condolences for your loss.   :(

I'm jealous of the 58 though.  Woof.   :drool

-T.
    Arm yourself because no one else here will save you.  The odds will betray you, and I will replace you...

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 02:25:17 PM »
Lol..thanks

Thernlund

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
Of course I didn't mean to be insensitive.  I have no doubt you'd rather be only borrowing the guns.   :(

-T.
    Arm yourself because no one else here will save you.  The odds will betray you, and I will replace you...

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »
I understand  exactly what you meant and I appreciate it my man.