Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2014 Black Friday sales  (Read 6671 times)

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
  • Administrator
Re: 2014 Black Friday sales
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »
Was hoping for a new holster but no deals from the one I want. 
Been at work since 8am off at 5pm, & then 2nd job from 6pm to midnight, possibly 1.  Helping other people take advantage of Black Friday deals.
I know where my towel is.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Dark Sky Solutions

• I am Doc
    • Sr. Contributor
    • https://facebook.com/Dark-Sky-Solutions
      • Dark Sky Solutions
    « Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 05:56:39 am »
    Honestly I am pretty much over the fact that the commercialization of thanksgiving and the holidays is gotten so bad. I mean now they are calling thanksgiving "grey Thrusday". How about everyone being thankful for what they have instead of trying to buy more.

Just my thought on it but I didn't participate in anything purchasing this weekend. I gave thanks for what I have and thought about my fallen brothers.
    Doc

Click our logo above to go to our Website

ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
    • Contributor
      • Shooters Element
    « Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 09:39:39 am »
    Honestly I am pretty much over the fact that the commercialization of thanksgiving and the holidays is gotten so bad. I mean now they are calling thanksgiving "grey Thrusday". How about everyone being thankful for what they have instead of trying to buy more.

Just my thought on it but I didn't participate in anything purchasing this weekend. I gave thanks for what I have and thought about my fallen brothers.

It's a valid point you make Doc, but if I may offer a counter perspective that's based on life experience.
    I know people who use the black Friday as an excuse to buy anything and everything for themselves, however I have family members that go out and purchase all their Christmas presents on black Friday. Mainly because they can take what they have budgeted to spend on Christmas and make it go farther and the enjoy the thrill of finding a deal on something they've been looking at for a while.

So, yes for some this is nothing more than an excuse to buy something for themselves. For others they are able to stretch the money they have farther and give more to people they care about.

Pros and Cons.

Now as a retailer, I take full advantage of the Black Friday Cyber Monday time because I know people are out there to shop and I want a slice of the pie. However, I'm resisting selling or doing things early like we saw this year (amazon month of black Friday deals). This year was off though, not as many people were out there buying online Friday as were there last year and Cyber Monday is looking at the same. So who knows, maybe this is going to be the new Norm??? The economy is still soft and people don't have as much extra as there used to be a decade or more ago. 
    Shooters Element

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement

Dark Sky Solutions

• I am Doc
    • Sr. Contributor
    • https://facebook.com/Dark-Sky-Solutions
      • Dark Sky Solutions
    « Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 10:58:14 am »

It's a valid point you make Doc, but if I may offer a counter perspective that's based on life experience.
    I know people who use the black Friday as an excuse to buy anything and everything for themselves, however I have family members that go out and purchase all their Christmas presents on black Friday. Mainly because they can take what they have budgeted to spend on Christmas and make it go farther and the enjoy the thrill of finding a deal on something they've been looking at for a while.

So, yes for some this is nothing more than an excuse to buy something for themselves. For others they are able to stretch the money they have farther and give more to people they care about.

Pros and Cons.

Now as a retailer, I take full advantage of the Black Friday Cyber Monday time because I know people are out there to shop and I want a slice of the pie. However, I'm resisting selling or doing things early like we saw this year (amazon month of black Friday deals). This year was off though, not as many people were out there buying online Friday as were there last year and Cyber Monday is looking at the same. So who knows, maybe this is going to be the new Norm??? The economy is still soft and people don't have as much extra as there used to be a decade or more ago.

I agree with you man. I know it is the time for people to pick up more stuff for their money and I don't fault or judge anyone who does it.

For me personally I know I am probably missing out on money made but I try and offer products year round at a reasonable price so there isn't really much room to offer any sort of "great savings or discount". I don't judge or blame people who do I just have decided to not be a part of the commercialization system I disagree with. I know from a retail standpoint I am probably loosing out on sales but then again I won't sell subpar stuff like some People in this industry, PSA comes to mind, to make a dollar.

Your stuff is great and we have been shooting the heck out if the targets I get from you and I am glad you have the ability to offer discounts to people.
    Doc

Click our logo above to go to our Website

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 11:11:22 am »
    I think a lot of people are of the mind, "SALES!!  $100 TVs!!  Cheap stuff!!  SAVE MONEY!!!"  I however am of the opinion that my time and aggravation is worth something too, and these sales days easily tip the sale into 'not worth it', $100 TVs or otherwise.

My wife does enough saving on everything during the year for both of us.  So if I want something, I just buy it.  I don't need a Monday or a Friday, unless one of those days is a payday.   :coffee

It's also REALLY nice having a family comprised 100% of self-sustaining, individually-minded adults.  No minor children as far as the eye can see.  That means everyone gets one present, maybe, or they don't, maybe, and we're all happy to go on existing.   :-P

People with kids are admittedly in a pickle.  So the aforementioned time/value scale likely tips somewhat differently.

-T.

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 11:40:11 pm »
    Its a festive party for us.  My mother in law gives us a list of anything she wants and money, we put on Charlie Brown thanksgiving for the kids to fall asleep to and My wife & I, My best friend and his wife and some other tag alongs go out and hit a few stores, hang out and then go grab dinner at Denny's or IHOP.  Its fun.  My wife really needed a new Vacuum this year, so I got her a $550 Vacuum for $220 on Black Friday.  We stood in line for 45 minutes chatting with friends and hanging out, walked into the store, I let her pick out the one she wanted, I snagged 3 blu-rays, a pair of headphones and a Google Chromecast and walked straight to the Register, checked out, My bill was under $275 and we left 90 minutes after we parked and started standing in line. 

Went to Wal-Mart, had to wait about 15 minutes where my wife picked up $3 pj's for all 5 kids (Christmas tradition in our house), I grabbed a few more movies, and we checked out.  Stood in line to check out but were out in about 30 minutes.  Total bill was under $20.

Figured we'd head to Target so we got there about 7pm with the drive and getting gas.  Walked in, grabbed stocking stuffers for the kids, presents for 2 boys, 2 more Blu-Rays and out the door in less than 30 minutes for under $30. 

We then went to dinner at Ihop, I had waffles.  they were delicious. My wife had a muffin.  It may have been Blueberry. 

Christmas shopping is done at my house.  ;)  In one night.  And I never left my wife's side, and we were always within arms reach of each other and friends.  there was no drama.  No fights around us. People were pleasant, helpful and courteous.  It was fun.  Festive ish, although wish it had been colder.  We got everything we needed for Christmas at our house, no muss no fuss.  We left our house at 4pm, and were home by 9pm.  We spent less than the $500 I had allocated for Christmas (hence the 2nd job) and have everything except candy canes. 
    I know where my towel is.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement