Username: Password:

Author Topic: Basic Defensive Handgun Classes  (Read 2927 times)

Black Wolf CCW

• Facebook: Blackwolf Defense
    • Black Wolf Defense
Basic Defensive Handgun Classes
« on: July 30, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »
We run this once a month and a complete class date listing can be found here: http://blackwolfccw.com/defensive_handgun . Class count is usually 5 or less.

"Defensive Handgun"

This class will count as training for an AZ CCW permit too.

We have combined our 3 courses of Multi-Target, Intro Handgun and Defensive Handgun into one course. Now we have all 3 rolled into one class!

This course is designed to hone your marksmanship and defensive skills with your handgun. Anyone can shoot a gun, but can you put the rounds where you need/want them to go and under stressfull conditions?? Defensive Handgun will get you on the path to do so. The course will also get you to use your gun in ways that might very well happen should you become involved in a self-defense Deadly FORCE situation!
Remember, "SHOOTING" is 90% mental, 10% physical!
This course is for any handgun owner and is also great for the shooter that wants to do remedial training!

If you have taken a CCW class then why not go to the next step?

COURSE TOPICS:

Firearms Safety

The following subjects are covered:

Firearms Safety
Nomenclature
Grip
Sight Alignment

You will learn how to correctly use the front and rear sights of the firearm! This is the first step in being able to hit you intended target!

Trigger Reset

Trigger reset is one of the MOST important fundamentals in shooting a firearm! Learning this fundamental will keep you from slapping the trigger, which will promote better shot placement and tighter grouping!

2 Hand shooting

You will learn to hold the firearm properly with both hands. This will prevent thumb injuries and assist in better shot placement.

Strong Hand Shooting

Shooting one handed is a valuable fundamental, you may have to use the other hand for various other reasons (example: moving/protecting a family member).

Support Hand Shooting

Support hand shooting is another valuable fundamental, you strong hand may receive an injury or you may very well need to use your strong hand to fight off an attacker and use the left hand to shoot with!

Speed Shooting Accuracy

This drill is "Combat Accuracy" shooting. Combat accuracy is the best shooting technique for most life/death situations. Remember, most attack's occur in the 6 or 7 foot range.

Moving While Shooting Exercises

When a deadly force incident occurs and a firearm is needed, the main idea is not to get shot while returning fire. Moving while shooting is important, because moving targets are harder to hit. You will also be moving to some sort of cover/concealment (safety), or moving to protect a loved one! Moving while shooting is NOT as easy as it sounds.

Barricade Shooting

Barricade shooting will show you how to keep from exposing to much of your body from behind a barricade/corner. The smaller the target, the harder it is too hit, we will show you how to minimize yourself as a target.

Holster Work

Drawing and shooting from a holstered position!

Malfunction Clearing

(If your gun malfuctions, they will at some point, you will have the knowledge on how to clear the malfuction).

COURSE LENGTH:

Approx. 3+ Hours

COURSE TIMES: 10AM TO APPROX 1PM

COURSE PRICE: $60

Required Equipment:

Firearm (Semi-Auto or Revolver)
Quality Holster
250 Rounds of Ammunition
2 Spare Magazines or Speed Loaders
Double Mag Holder
Ear & Eye Protection

We use several types of targets to help you learn the fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship!

All Classes done in the West Valley

Black Wolf Defense Firearms Training
www.azccwclasses.com
www.blackwolfccw.com
(623) 694-0377
Email: info@azccwclasses.com

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Iloveguns

Re: Basic Defensive Handgun Classes
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 04:36:03 pm »
    Thanks again John for the class today. I really received a good value for my money and met some nice people too. I would recommend this class for anyone wanting more than a static point and shoot class. Violent encounters are never static. This class gives you an idea of what type of shooting you may be called upon to do to protect yourself anywhere you might find yourself. Thanks again, When you get the more advanced class going let me know.

Black Wolf CCW

• Facebook: Blackwolf Defense
      • Black Wolf Defense
    Re: Basic Defensive Handgun Classes
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »
    Thanks again John for the class today. I really received a good value for my money and met some nice people too. I would recommend this class for anyone wanting more than a static point and shoot class. Violent encounters are never static. This class gives you an idea of what type of shooting you may be called upon to do to protect yourself anywhere you might find yourself. Thanks again, When you get the more advanced class going let me know.

Thank you,

I have a couple photos of you in action!  :thumbsup. You were one the the best shots today!

John
    Black Wolf Defense Firearms Training
    www.azccwclasses.com
    www.blackwolfccw.com
    (623) 694-0377
    Email: info@azccwclasses.com

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement