Username: Password:

Author Topic: Arizona State Militia  (Read 10573 times)

Kronos

• Han shot first!
Re: Arizona State Militia
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 08:45:30 pm »
Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Carry on.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

DownFall842

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 08:49:39 pm »
    Why wouldn't I?
    Was a joke on me, If I paid mine they wouldn't Harass me haha

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 09:20:56 pm »
    I'm a life member of the NRA. I get letters occasionally. :shrug I can't remember getting a phone call.

Never had any interest in joining a militia.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

DownFall842

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 09:21:56 pm »
    Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Carry on.
    All good

gilacr

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 02:45:59 am »
    All Arizona citizens who fall under Arizona Revised Statue composition requirements are members of the militia:

"ARS 26-121. Composition of militia; persons exempt

The militia of the state of Arizona consists of all able bodied citizens of the state between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years and all residents of the state between such ages who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, except:

1. Persons exempted by the laws of the state or the United States.

2. Persons with a serious mental illness, totally blind persons and persons convicted of infamous crimes.

3. Judges and clerks of courts of record.

4. State and county civil officers holding office by election, and members of the legislature.

5. Members of the clergy."

At my age I'm exempt  ;-)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
     - Thomas Jefferson

Kronos

• Han shot first!
    « Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 06:50:11 am »
    ARS 26-121 ... The militia of the state of Arizona consists of all able bodied citizens of the state between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years and all residents of the state between such ages who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States ...

Gotta love Arizona. I don't think I ever saw that in Maryland's State Code. :coffee
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Feud

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 09:49:48 am »
    Gotta love Arizona. I don't think I ever saw that in Maryland's State Code. :coffee

Surprisingly enough, Maryland isn't very dissimilar:

Membership
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, the militia consists of able-bodied individuals who are:(1) citizens of the State; (2) citizens of the United States who take an oath of allegiance to the State; or(3) of foreign birth and who:(i) are residents of the State; and(ii) have declared their intention to become citizens of the State.

Exemptions
    (b) Subject to subsection (c) of this section, an individual is exempt from subsection (a) of this section if the individual:(1) is exempted by the laws of the United States;(2) is exempted by the laws of the State;(3) is a member of a regularly organized fire or police department in a county, city, village, or town;(4) is a judge or clerk of a court of record;(5) is a register of wills and deeds;(6) is a sheriff;(7) is a member of the clergy;(8) is a practicing physician;(9) is a superintendent, officer, or assistant of a hospital or correctional facility;(10) has been judged mentally incompetent;(11) is addicted to narcotic drugs; or(12) has been convicted of an infamous crime.

Waiver of exemptions
    (c) An individual exempted under subsection (b)(3) through (12) of this section shall be available for military duty in case of war, insurrection, or invasion, or when the danger of war, insurrection, or invasion is imminent.

MD PUBLIC SAFETY § 13-202

Classes
    (a) There are two classes of State militia:(1) the organized militia; and(2) the unorganized militia.

Organized militia
    (b) The organized militia of the State consists of:(1) the National Guard;(2) the Inactive National Guard; and(3) the Maryland Defense Force.

Unorganized militia
    (c) The unorganized militia consists of those individuals described under § 13-202 of this subtitle but who are not regularly enlisted or commissioned in the organized militia.

MD PUBLIC SAFETY § 13-203 (West)
    Don't give up the ship.

Bounce

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 03:37:50 pm »
    there was a NAZ Militia....

Kronos

• Han shot first!
    « Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 08:24:35 pm »
    Surprisingly enough, Maryland isn't very dissimilar:

Wow, I was legitimately surprised... :hmm

Dark Sky Solutions

• I am Doc
    • Sr. Contributor
    • https://facebook.com/Dark-Sky-Solutions
      • Dark Sky Solutions
    « Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 05:42:11 am »

there was a NAZ Militia....

Why the was?  Bad leadership as usual?
    Doc

Click our logo above to go to our Website

Bounce

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 09:05:16 am »
    not sure.  I found them online over 5 years ago IIRC.... looks like same boat still.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northern-Arizona-Militia-NAM/772305376168285

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:13:24 am by Bounce »

Kronos

• Han shot first!
    « Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 03:59:17 pm »
    Coincidentally, I just read this in the news... :facepalm

Arizona militia member gets jail for drawing gun on deputy

A border vigilante arrested after he drew a gun on a Maricopa County Sheriff's deputy in the desert was sentenced Friday to six months in jail, but was granted the opportunity to leave for work six days out of the week. ...

Malley was arrested in August 2013, when he and two other members of a "Minuteman militia group" were scouting for smugglers in the desert area near Gila Bend. Malley mistook an undercover Sheriff's deputy for a drug smuggler, and soon the deputy found himself staring down the barrel of an AR-15 rifle. The approach prompted a tense standoff between the two, with Malley only standing down once the deputy produced enough identification to satisfy the defendant. ...

[His attorney] said the membership of Malley's group had withered to about three men around the time of his arrest, and their patrolling efforts that night were an attempt to legitimize the group.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement