Username: Password:

Author Topic: BOOTS  (Read 2971 times)

Whathefff

BOOTS
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:12:59 pm »
So Im in need of a new pair of boots. Ive been a big Danner Quarry boot fan for a while now but I just had an early failure where the back of the boot separated from the soul. The newest model (Quarry 3.0) is now made in America so apart of me wants to give them another shot just for leaving China and coming back to the USA but my mind is open to other options at this point.

Im after work boots but I don't want to confine this thread so feel free to post up any boot you had a good experience with

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:34:32 pm by Whathefff »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    Re: BOOTS
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 06:41:08 pm »
    I think I started a thread about Boots in Preparedness and survival about 2yrs ago. Nov 2012 I think. Iam a big Danner fan, that's all I can ware. Will have to check out these Quarry 3.0 and see how they look. :hmm
    Tony / Mighty Arms

AlmightySheep

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:16:37 pm »
    Red Wing are worth a look. Quality and they've been around forever.  :thumbup
    "When there is mutual fear men think twice before they make aggression upon one another."
    -Hermocrates of Syracuse

JT

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 08:13:59 pm »
    Justin and Chippewa are made in the USA. I never could wear Red Wings. I have been out of the work boot market for a while so I dont know where they are quality wise any longer. Make sure you get good insoles because Planters is not fun.
    Patron NRA GOA AZCDL

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:27:13 pm »
    I think I started a thread about Boots in Preparedness and survival about 2yrs ago. Nov 2012 I think. Iam a big Danner fan, that's all I can ware. Will have to check out these Quarry 3.0 and see how they look. :hmm

https://arizonagunowners.com/index.php/topic,1645.0.html

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 08:33:54 pm »
    Have you talked to Danner about the problem?   :hmm
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

Paver1055

• Carry everyday!
    « Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 08:41:57 pm »
    As far as work boots I love Georgia's. They last and are very comfortable.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 08:53:54 pm »
    Yeeeeehaaaaaaw.....no

Whathefff

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 01:00:07 am »
    Have you talked to Danner about the problem?   :hmm

Yes, I did send them an email and the response I got was were sorry bla bla bla send your boots in for evaluation and they'll decide if any action is deserved. I need boots now and don't have time for their investigation. They brought up their 1yr warranty non professional 6mo professional warranty which kinda pissed me off, like hiding behind technicality's. While I understand this position this response was all I needed to look elsewhere for boots. if they would have gone the extra centimeter to make me happy I would have jumped on the new 3.0's but as of now I'm not against going a different direction.

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 04:17:10 am »
    I think I had a pair of Danner Acacias resoled three times (because I wore the soles out) before they ran out of leather to attach the fourth sole. They sent me the boots back and included a 20% off coupon on my next pair. I'm currently wearing Danner torrent Stryker boots that are goretex and insulated. Some of the best boots I've worn.  :shrug
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 01:14:48 pm »
    Yeah, I've been pretty happy with Danner's over the years.  I've had two pairs that finally gave up the ghost and am on another as we speak but they are holding up well so far.  Redwing's work OK for me, too.  I wore out two pairs of their Pecos western style boot an another moccasin toe, crepe sole construction boot ( forget what they were called ).   I've had other brands as well - Vasque, Asolo, K-Swiss ( back when they still made boots ) and feel that as long as you buy the best quality you can afford its hard to go wrong as long as they fit you well from day one.  That's why I never buy boots online.  If I can't stick my foot in it first, its not going home with me.
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 04:18:28 pm »
    The last pair of Danners I still have...they are just too heavy..hard on my bad knee.  I had to go to a lighter boot.

Whathefff

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 08:03:43 pm »
    Im pretty hard on boots since I wear them all day every day. I have a pair of regular shoes that are about 8yrs old now that look brand new because Im always in boots. Ill probably go with the Danner Quarry 3.0's but if they don't hold up I think they'll be my last.

As for the new Quarry 3.0's they made a change to the back of the boot and changed the inside coller of the top of the boot from leather to some synthetic web material that looks like they went cheap on, supposedly to make break in faster. Ive never had any issue with the leather being uncomfortable. I did try some on at the store and the 3.0's are stiffer than I remember the 2.0's being, but nobody in PHX had my size so that was a bummer. Im worried they had to cut corners with the US made 3.0's to have the same price as the old Chinese 2.0's
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:14:22 pm by Whathefff »

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    BOOTS
    « Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 12:26:06 am »
    I also have a 25+ yr old pr of Danner's that still fit, as well as Chippewa's, Rocky's, 2  pr of Timberlands, and two pr of Columbia's. Boots are a personal choice and it's hard to give advice because everyone's feet are different. After my injury in Urgent Fury(Oct of 83) I thought for a few months that I would loose my right foot above the Ankle. For a while after that I had to wear a half size to a full size larger on that foot for about a year while I went through the recovery after two corrective surgeries. I'd love a pr or two of Cowboy boots. I had a pair of tony Lama's when I first got posted to Ft. Hood, wound up giving them away. Now I'd need to have either a size zipper for front zipper put in em. If you want to look at deals on boots,  Sportsman's Guide has some, and locally we have tractor Supply, And CAL Ranch. We also have a local small biz I can recommend called "The Cowboy Shop," but they are a bit pricey,  and do their own custom work if you need. They made a double thick leather basket weave gun belt for me, but it's a Buck twenty($120) and I have to go fit it before I pay for it.......
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:28:11 am by Dr. Football »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement