Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wives that shoot  (Read 17747 times)

PHXCobra

Re: Wives that shoot
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 03:20:55 pm »
My current gf hasn't gone shooting with me yet.  She is a left leaning moderate who happens to be a lawyer and to this point has had zero issue with me carrying or handling my firearms around her.  Just Monday we went on a hike around Casner Park in Munds Park where I carried my Keltec on my pack.  In order to get under one of the fences (only done to stay on a trail) I had to remove my pack and hand her the pistol.  She had zero issue with that and I must say, looked quite good handling it.  :woot

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

conchshot

• "There is no judge more equitable than a cannon."
    « Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 03:29:12 pm »
    Mine has shot a couple of times. I took her out one day in the desert... set up targets and weapons. She seemed to enjoy the BP revolvers more than the more modern weapons. She even liked touching off my BP cannon. She did shoot a blunderbuss and absolutely loved it. While trying to shoot a Dan Wesson Model 15, she had trouble getting the hammer back. I pulled it back for her. She sighted the target and fired. The weapon moved up and when the smoke cleared... she found she hit a butterfly that was crossing above the  target. It looked like a SAM missile taking out a Cessna! Our niece witnessed this as well. She's shot my 9mm but doesn't really care for it. She prefers her sling-shot. My daughter loves to shoot anything she get her hands on. My son is the same.

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »
    My wife likes her Glock 19. Then I let her shoot my 1911, now it seems that the 1911 is easier for her to shoot. So let me shoot yours and you can shoot mine. I hate it when she does that !
    Tony / Mighty Arms

N.M.Edmands

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »
     My wife enjoys shooting and carry's as well.  We lived in Nevada for a short time, and when we got to the range testing portion, the instructor was shocked.  The live fire portion is 30 rds. at 3, 5, and 7 yds.  All 5' 100lbs of her get to the loading bench and as she uncases a 2" stainless J frame with the tiny wood stocks, and puts 2 boxes of Federal Hydro-shoks down, and the instructors jaw drops . He offers to give her all the light loaded 38 cowboy loads she needs so that she doesn't have to use that "expensive and abusive high dollar ammo". She tells him thanks, but this is fine, steps to the line and shoots her qualifier.
     Smoke clears, testing for the class is over, instructor mouth is still open, my chest is so puffed up that I may not fit in the car, And she's pissed off all night.
      Seems she dropped 1 shot out of the X into the ten ring on a B-27 target.---She gets her way around our house a lot :shifty.
    Nat
    Politics is spherical; the only choice is which side of many to choose.
     But because politics is spherical there are only 2 sides--inside or outside.
     If I wish to maintain sanity I must choose outside.

ocvandal

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 09:48:13 pm »
    In the last few years my wife has been open to shooting. Since then we have bought her a few pistols of her own and she just told me that she is claiming my 1911 loaded Springfield also as she is a perfect shot with it. She shoots everything we own with the exception on my Glock 22 as she said it is too snappy for her. 

RetroG

• Contributor
    « Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 01:05:44 am »
    I took my wife to the range for the very first time a few weeks back.  It has only taken about 20+ years to convince her to give it a try.  Her family was pretty anti-gun, coming from the Chicago area.  She shot my Buckmark almost as well as I do, but didn't shoot the 9mm's I brought very well, she didn't like the recoil.  Next time I'm thinking I'll bring the 10/22, an AR, an M1 Carbine and a 45ACP (not as snappy as a 9mm).

jackjr

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 03:59:58 pm »
    Mine shoots very well.   Doesn't care much for our 1911's but does like her Shield 9mm and a Daewoo DP51 9mm she has had for a few years.   My twin daughters shoot with me too.

capcyclone

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 06:29:25 pm »
    I haven't been able to get my wife to come shoot with me yet, but I'm thinking I'll have literally ONE chance to get her to see the enjoyment.  I've already decided to rely on my Rugers to "sell" her on the sport of shooting.  I'll have her shoot my 10/22 rifle and my MkIII 22/45 pistol.  No (low) recoil and very accurate so she should have near-instant gratification of hitting her targets, etc.

doubletapp

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »
    Found a keeper, She cooks, cleans, drives a bus, most of all she put's up my Shit!! & looks damn good doing it. :thumbsup :thumbsup

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »
    Now if only we can get our wives to quit leaning back when shooting a handgun....
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 09:06:08 pm »
    Now if only we can get our wives to quit leaning back when shooting a handgun....

No kidding.  I just barely got mine to stop doing it with a rifle.  Handguns are a different matter.

-T.

1evilwj

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »
    Rifles were safety checked of course for the picture....

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 10:09:20 pm »

No kidding.  I just barely got mine to stop doing it with a rifle.  Handguns are a different matter.

-T.

Really it seems to be a matter of getting them to square up to the target instead of standing sideways, and getting them to bend their knees. The upper body will follow suit.
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 08:00:06 am »
    So...one has to ask given the picture's an awful small size.
    Is that gun in a holster or are you "Yo Homie" carrying?  :rotfl
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:02:27 am by ItWasntMe »
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

SurpShot

• Proud Defender of History's Patriots
    « Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 08:02:36 am »

Amen!!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 10:56:05 am »
    So...one has to ask given the picture's an awful small size.
    Is that gun in a holster or are you "Yo Homie" carrying?  :rotfl

The black patch on his belt would hint at an IWB holster of some sort.

-T.

1evilwj

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 11:25:40 am »
    Its a kydex glaco iwb holster.... usually the shirt covers it all.... but it has been super hard finding. A comfortable holster to wear as im skinny and only weigh 122lbs max with my xd and glock on my sides..  :rotfl

john

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 12:28:14 pm »
    My wife isn't in to guns. But she's not against them. When I started getting guns, she wanted to know how to work them, but didn't understand why I wanted to carry or keep one loaded on the nightstand. I was in the Army at the time, stationed on an Air Force Base. Went to work early to plow the snow one day and someone tried to break into the on base housing after I left and before I came back. Since then, the revolver has been hers.

N.M.Edmands

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 05:28:53 pm »
      :-[My wife has just informed me that I must have finally lost whats left of my memory!
     In post #28 I said "Seems she dropped 1 shot out of the X into the ten ring on a B-27 target." I have been informed it was 2 shots out of the ten ring, 1 into the 9 and 1 into the---[horror] 8 ring. :shocked This is why she was rightfully PO'ed all night . :facepalm
    Nat
    Politics is spherical; the only choice is which side of many to choose.
     But because politics is spherical there are only 2 sides--inside or outside.
     If I wish to maintain sanity I must choose outside.

Flash

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 05:03:56 am »

-T.

Really it seems to be a matter of getting them to square up to the target instead of standing sideways, and getting them to bend their knees. The upper body will follow suit.

Yep, that seems to be the answer.  Mrs. Flash doesn't do it at all.

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 01:39:49 pm »
    My wife loves to go out and shoot it up. She is even able to handle and enjoy my Para P12-45 limited. We enjoy going out together and plinking or target shooting.

gilacr

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »
    The whole reason we get along so well, she also loves to hunt! :thumbsup
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
     - Thomas Jefferson

SurpShot

• Proud Defender of History's Patriots
    « Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 07:12:19 am »
    The whole reason we get along so well, she also loves to hunt! :thumbsup

Nice. Can't get her to do that yet but maybe her mind will change when my 9 yr old daughter brings home her first buck.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Xd45

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 11:23:19 pm »
    Mine took me to the range today (it was my birthday) to play with my b'day present (XDS).  This is her shooting a XD sub compact 9mm (or should I say throwing flames with...)
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

Classictruckman

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 11:32:06 pm »
    Awesome Pic Xd45 !!!!

Love the ladies that shoot --

Mine is a better shot with a handgun than her son, "the Marine" - and has no issue with anything from .22 to .45

She currently carries a Ruger LCP as a daily wear gun, and has a 5 shot Ruger .357 revolver, loaded with 38 +P+ ammo, as a fall back gun.

She wants my Glock 27.......   Maybe Santa will get her one for Xmas.....
    Idealism is that which precedes experience...

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement