Username: Password:

Author Topic: Black Friday Guns  (Read 6563 times)

Thernlund

• Administrator
  • AZGO Founder
Black Friday Guns
« on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:34 am »
Anyone buy any guns today?

Me, I'm not leaving the house.  But I am interested to hear from those who braved the retail wilds for gun deals.

-T.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    Re: Black Friday Guns
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 11:28:58 am »
    Not a chance. Heck no! I slept in, I did what I have done on prior Black Friday's. I did some research on the deals, compared, minimal effort was put into it. I slept in, I ate breakfast in an organized and lazy way. I went to Cabelas this morning at 9 AM. I parked next to the front door. I avoided all of the insanity at 5 AM (they had taken over the dirt lot across street for extra parking)--and had police cruisers and a freaking police mobile command tower out front (and 2 cruisers).

I walked in calmly past the 500 people waiting in line for firearms checkout (officers said they had more than 3,000 people in line at 5 AM), got my RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Combo and walked back out. I bought all the ammo I needed prior to the election at reasonable prices, bought some more yesterday at a good "black Friday" price. It's not freaking worth it to camp out. There's people that camp out for days prior. They have zero freaking life and they don't end up getting the best deals anyway. But apparently they do get free money in the form of gift cards, but I'd rather have a life.

Oh and 4 targets from our member, ShootersElement.

But don't get me wrong. I'm happy they do that stuff. It lets my plans work so effectively and I get great deals without all of the hassle that they deal with. And I get to sleep in. They get what they want, I get what I want. :thumbsup
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:32:59 am by ItWasntMe »
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

2nd Amendment Firearms

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 12:10:07 pm »
    I really wanted that door buster deal at Cabelas for the 10/22 Takedown. But I couldn't imagine leaving my house and being stuck in a hoard of people. So i decided not to, luckily Desert Valley Firearms is letting us AZGO members do a group buy on that firearm for the same price.  so, same price+ no black Friday craziness= Win win for me.  8)
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

ezdays

• The Big Blue Train Forums
    « Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:12:54 pm »
    Nooooo, we're not even planning on going out. If there's not enough leftover turkey, then that's a problem we'll face when we get hungry. :facepalm As for buying a gun, Cabela's does show a gun on sale that I want in their flyer, and the price is good until the middle of next week. I'll go early Tuesday  and along with some 90 Cabela points, I can get a real deal.

I hate the system there, they had a ticket system at one time, just like they use at the Fry's deli counter. Pick a ticket and get waited on in turn, but they took it away. The said it was too "confusing". Well, if something like that confuses a gun buyer, it would be crazy to sell him one.  :shocked Now you have to be sure someone notices that you got there before the guy at the other end of the counter, otherwise you're screwed and spend an hour trying to get waited on.
    Don (ezdays) Day
    The Big Blue Train Forums
    http://www.bigbluetrains.com/forum/

DesertValleyFirearms

• Shooting....It's a Zen thing.
      • Mesa Firearms Store Desert Valley Firearms
    « Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 12:33:11 pm »
    VERY INTERESTING Crowds in the store today.  Thinking they should have stayed home and you guys should have come out to play! 

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »
    VERY INTERESTING Crowds in the store today.  Thinking they should have stayed home and you guys should have come out to play!

Now this sounds like it could potentially be a great story...  :yes
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

DesertValleyFirearms

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 01:05:19 pm »
    I'll give you a hint.....MAYAN CALENDAR. :facepalm

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »
    I'll give you a hint.....MAYAN CALENDAR. :facepalm
    In the grand scheme of things, it's going to be awful fun if the Mayan's were right. All the butthurt from all of the other religions will be epic if any single one ever pans out to be "more correct" in a tangible and/or imperically provable way (I'd consider the of the world coming true on a predicted date to be imperical--well partially. We might need to reproduce it to be really sure. It's the scientific way, afterall.) :rotfl

DesertValleyFirearms

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 01:14:22 pm »

Nuff Said.

idiotsayswhat

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 01:47:11 pm »
    I "looked" at the deals in the papers...  I didn't think any of them were really worth losing sleep over. 

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 02:39:46 pm »
    That is very clever. I love it! :rotfl

theultimatehic

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 03:29:56 pm »
    I bought a gun cabinet and bipod no guns though. Only guns i want/need i am getting fromdesert valley firearms and that's the ruger takedown. Also ordered some targets and a stand from pb fab :thumbsup
    I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it!

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 04:28:36 pm »
    I really wanted to brave the crowds at Cabelas for the Ruger 10/22 take-down but thought better of it.  I was also
    thinking about the $50 dollars off deal on the SIG 400 Magpul at Wallyworld but again I came to my senses. I really don't think I need another AR and didn't want to be in those crowds in order to get one.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 05:36:25 pm »
    I holed up at home all day.  My long suffering wife had to go into work this morning but she wanted to go to the mall as soon as she got home... A chilling thought.  Fortunately for me she was over it by the time she got home.
    Close call.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 07:02:12 pm »
    [...] she wanted to go to the mall as soon as she got home... A chilling thought.  Fortunately for me she was over it by the time she got home. Close call.
    Is it really that bad? :rotfl

Black_water

• Contributor
    « Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 07:26:36 pm »
    Not interested in the madness either.

The stuff I did buy (non firearms) I bought online.  I didn't get hooked by the bait and switch, just took advantage of the decent sale prices and had everything shipped to the house.
    Eric Philips of Young Americans for Liberty summed up the law.

Obamacare will have the efficiency of the Postal Service, the sustainability of Social Security and the compassion of the IRS,” he said

OARNGESI

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 12:53:06 am »
    I really wanted that door buster deal at Cabelas for the 10/22 Takedown. But I couldn't imagine leaving my house and being stuck in a hoard of people. So i decided not to, luckily Desert Valley Firearms is letting us AZGO members do a group buy on that firearm for the same price.  so, same price+ no black Friday craziness= Win win for me.  8)
    IS THERE A THREAD ON THE GROUP BUY?

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 01:18:02 am »

https://arizonagunowners.com/index.php/topic,1559.0.html

The thread was hijacked. The group buy should probably be broken out to a new thread..
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 01:31:38 am »
    We'll start one when DVF can actually get some.  For now it's just in a discussion phase with no real timeframe behind it.

-T.

OARNGESI

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 01:52:53 am »

https://arizonagunowners.com/index.php/topic,1559.0.html

The thread was hijacked. The group buy should probably be broken out to a new thread..
    THANKS

theultimatehic

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 10:20:06 am »
    We'll start one when DVF can actually get some.  For now it's just in a discussion phase with no real timeframe behind it.

-T.
    just waiting on those dang suppliers to produce!!
    I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it!

Flash

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 11:58:32 am »
    I saw 3 Sig P238s sold at Ted's in around 3 hours, and a number of other people doing the online 4473 thing also.  Mrs. Flash was directly responsible for one of those 3 sales, as she let the buyer finger our 238s for a while before the buy took place.

I didn't buy any, though.  I'm still fighting the temptation to buy a Sig 1911.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 06:37:09 pm »
    I'm still fighting the temptation to buy a Sig 1911.

I have a buddy with a Sig GSR Revolution in stainless, like this one...

I've been trying to get him to sell it to me for years.  He won't budge.   :mad

-T.

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 12:43:49 pm »
    Stayed home and relaxed, for free. I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention!    :mad

ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
    • Contributor
      • Shooters Element
    « Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 01:19:55 pm »
    I wasn't even near a store of Friday! Thank-Goodness! I did the black Friday stand in line for a couple hours thing two years ago...not worth it at all. Holiday's are supposed to be about relaxing...I say shop from hom with you favorite hot/cold beverage and then chill the rest of the day ;)
    Shooters Element

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement