Username: Password:

Author Topic: Troy responds to Dick's Sporting Goods removal of products....  (Read 5647 times)

DesertValleyFirearms

• Shooting....It's a Zen thing.
    • Mesa Firearms Store Desert Valley Firearms
Troy responds to Dick's Sporting Goods removal of products....
« on: December 26, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »
Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy
CEO & Founder
The Troy Group
www.troydefense.com
www.troyind.com
www.troyprepared.com

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    Re: Troy responds to Dick's Sporting Goods removal of products....
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:57:04 pm »
    Unfortunate.   :(

Shows you how one seemingly small political decision can have real consequences.

-T.

SirJesster

• Threadkiller
    • I am El Guapo Gordo!
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »
    it disappoints me to hear of people in high leadership positions make decisions based on fear and uncertainty. oh, you're one of THOSE? respect gone... i like dsg, too...
    Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:59:57 pm »
    Oh man... That's horrible. Screw exclusivity agreements. :(

Screw DSG!
    « Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:02:47 pm by ItWasntMe »
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:52 pm »
    That sucks hard.  I was really excited for the Troy and had hoped to pick one up in the new year. 
    I know where my towel is.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:05:32 pm »
    That sucks hard.  I was really excited for the Troy and had hoped to pick one up in the new year.
    I actually was considering it too. Now they're gone for the foreseeable future and will be much more expensive. And not only that, notice how their website is already advertising "Pre-Ban" and "Post-Ban" configurations (can be seen in your attachment--I was going to attach it earlier but I was in Tapatalk app on tablet, not on my PC). They're already prepared for the worst--as are the rest I am sure.
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Wolfoholic

• Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 02:53:02 am »
    Wow I was going to go check out dsg when I get back to az but reading this I will most likely not go there again, cabellas and bass pro will have to do.
    I think the pre and post ban configuration might be created to broaden the market and increase sales by means of desperate measure since the exclusive with dsg was unfortunately dropped.

Too bad I hope this does not turn into a domino effect!

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:07:32 pm »
    So everyone is clear, when we say DSG we are talking about Dick's Sporting Goods, the brick-and-mortar sports and outdoor retailer.

We're not talking about DSG Arms, an online tactical weapons and accessories retailer.

They are different.

-T.

Harm

• Administrator
    « Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 12:14:05 pm »
    Exactly. 

theultimatehic

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 04:29:06 pm »
    Dicks sporting goods will never receive my money again and i will be sure to let all family and friends about then just in case they don't know!
    I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it!

Tremorx

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 06:46:44 pm »
    I don't want to stick up for DSG, but they have made a stand and you have to kind of respect them for that.  When Chik- filet made a stand against gay marriage I respected them for that. (not changing this thread to that subject)  They were boycotted, but held their ground and their beliefs.  Much respect.  But Dick s is doing the same thing, whether I agree with them (don't) or not.  They have made a stand.  I won't be visiting their establishment anymore, which is the consequence of their decision, but I respect their decision none the less.

SirJesster

• Threadkiller
    • I am El Guapo Gordo!
    « Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 08:40:01 pm »
    i wouldn't say they made a stand. i think they refused to. or they agree with the timid people that think black guns are scary. i find both of the latter unfortunate. i'm not going to say i'm going to boycott dick's or anything. they just lost respect from me.

it's cool, though, i suppose. there's an athletic equipment store in town based out of my home state. just gives me more reason to shop there instead.
    Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.

Harm

• Administrator
    « Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »
    Well they were opportunistic when the market was green & selling black rifles was profitable.  As soon as the market turns...  I'm not sure what to think of things like that versus the absolute shit that is Sports Authority.   :thumbdown

philjherman

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:06 am »
    thats a shame that everyone had jumped on the anti gun band wagon... People are missing the point it is like trying to cure the flu with a tissue

idiotsayswhat

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 01:59:26 pm »
    I dunno if I'd compare it to the Christian chicken thing... 

Chik Fil A (or however you spell it) was asked a question and Mr. Kathy answered his honest opinion to a Christian publication that got pushed out to the whole freakin world and drawn out of proportion.  When the upheaval began, they remained steadfast and that I respect. 

Dick's saw a mass shooting, public upheaval beginning and made a knee jerk reaction to change their polices with what appears to be little concern for the thoughts of our pro 2nd amendment citizens. 

The difference being Dicks change appeared to be a result to public opinion before public opinion could slander them.  Christian Chicken made a statement that blantantly offended half the country well before anyone was paying attention.  I dunno, just my observation... 

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 02:04:30 pm »
    Chik Fil A (or however you spell it) was asked a question and Mr. Kathy answered his honest opinion to a Christian publication that got pushed out to the whole freakin world and drawn out of proportion.  When the upheaval began, they remained steadfast and that I respect.

Indeed.  What was said by Dan Cathy was his opinion, not a company policy.  Everyone else turned it into something else.  Chik-fil-a just motored on and continued doing what they do; sell chicken.

-T.

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 02:38:55 pm »
    Ah the Chick-fil-A boycott Buycott.  The MSN knee jerked and overplayed a personal opinion of the CEO.  His business is selling chicken and his answer gave his company record sales. Which you didnt see on the MSN as Americans filled Chick-fil-A on the buycott day.  I go to the Riverview store and the Stapley store in Mesa.  I know it's anecdotal but they are always full of customers.

Why do you think it offended half the country? 
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

idiotsayswhat

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 02:40:08 pm »
    Indeed.  What was said by Dan Cathy was his opinion, not a company policy.  Everyone else turned it into something else.  Chik-fil-a just motored on and continued doing what they do; sell chicken.

-T.

Delicious Chicken it is...  I get addicted to those Breakfast Bagel sandwiches...  OMG...  So good. 

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    « Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:07 pm »
    Delicious Chicken it is...  I get addicted to those Breakfast Bagel sandwiches...  OMG...  So good.

I'm going to have to get one.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement