Username: Password:

Author Topic: Arizona gun law question  (Read 5476 times)

ron1948

Re: Arizona gun law question
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 03:13:36 pm »
I already knew about CCW & federal blds, courts, and post office.  How about like going into a fast food restaurant or other business that has has no guns posted.  Is locking your weapon in the trunk or console ok and does it have to be unloaded?

GTGallop

• KG7NDC
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2017, 03:16:34 pm »
Bars have the right to restrict firearms on the property.  But there are two universal truths:
1. While some bars allow you to carry - you can not legally drink and carry.
2. There is NO NONE ZERO open carry in a bar.

So if some Millennial Snowflakes go all moonbat because you carried in a bar, it's because you sucked at concealed carrying - that's on you.
The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.

Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

JarheadAZ

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2017, 04:07:34 pm »
Very good point about the 'bat population. Glad I don't carry in bars.
Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

armoredman

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2017, 04:18:04 pm »
Ron if you want to leave your gun in your car in a non Federal parking lot - do it however you want. Tuck it under the seat, stick it in the glove box, lock it in a portable safe welded to a seat, however you want. as there is no restriction to a non prohibited possessor over the age of 21 to carry a lawfully possessed firearm out in the open air public. I would highly recommend you do NOT unload it - the loading and unloading cycle in a restricted movement space like your vehicle adds an unnecessary chance of negligent discharge. Leave it loaded, remember to be extra careful of finger off the trigger while moving in tight quarters. A paddle holster for this easy on/easy off would be handy, if you plan on doing this a lot. I personally don't patronize places that restrict my lawful carry. Let the Chicago ex-pats and Calirefugees go there.

ron1948

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2017, 05:08:44 pm »
armoredman, Thanks very much.   That's what I wanted to know.  Over here in Commie-Fornia you are expected to unload, put it in a safe, and hide it out of view.  I agree with you, reloading is dangerous and I avoid it at all costs.

We are getting out of Cali as soon as possible.  I'm tired of their stupid gun laws and their taxing for new "free" programs is dumb.

Thanks again, Ron

armoredman

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2017, 07:59:38 pm »
Step to the East a few and come into Free AZ. :)

RetroG

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 12:22:35 am »
The only other thing about carrying in places that serve alcohol (like a restaurant) is apparently the "no guns allowed" signage is required to be posted next to the liquor license, so you don't know until you get inside and where you can see the the part of the bar where the liquor license is displayed.

GTGallop

• KG7NDC
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2017, 05:57:25 am »
The only other thing about carrying in places that serve alcohol (like a restaurant) is apparently the "no guns allowed" signage is required to be posted next to the liquor license, so you don't know until you get inside and where you can see the the part of the bar where the liquor license is displayed.

And I'll add that a lot of movie theaters have started to sell alcohol as a means of increasing the service they provide and as a way of being more legally assertive in saying NO to guns.  Any time I enter a "bar" (any establishment with a liquor license), I always cruise through to the rest room on my way in, just so I can pass the bar and managers office where they usually keep the liquor license.  If after a casual pass through with eyes scouting for a license and gun buster sign, if I can find neither, I don't sweat it.  My concealed weapon won't be an issue any way because it will be concealed from prying eyes.  If anyone says anything then I leave and put it in the car but that hasn't happened yet.

Restaurants that DO have a gun buster clearly displayed (Oreganos) I leave the gun in the car from the beginning.  And I have a hang up leaving a loaded gun away from my body so I unload it and take the ammo with me.  That way if they get the gun it has no magazine and no bullets.  But that creates two problems - an uncomfortable magazine jamming your leg and scratching your phone, and remembering to load it when you get back to the car.  So I usually park it on the table next to my plate so I don't forget. ;-)
The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.

Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

LuckyLeaky

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 01:00:19 pm »
Ha I like it
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2017, 04:21:05 pm »
Somebody needs to quit carrying a weenie a&& plastic phone with no armor .   .    .     :pfft
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

monster

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 08:30:39 pm »
I don't know about y'all, but I refuse to do business with anti-gun establishments. Anti-gun sign? No problem for me, I'm not financially supporting them. Same goes for USPS, screw em.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »
So, no mailbox for you then?     :hmm
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

AZ Husker

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2017, 09:41:37 pm »
Sounds like someone didn't pay attention in their CCW class or read the manual. Google ARS Title 13 and search for "weapons". All your questions are there.

monster

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2017, 09:43:22 pm »
My mail is delivered to a community mailbox. If i need to send a package, i spend a few extra bucks and have it deleivered by UPS.

LuckyLeaky

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2017, 10:33:16 pm »
Which the usps owns the community mailbox more than likely
Do you buy stamps for the bills you send??? Thanks for supporting the USPS
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2017, 10:37:06 pm »
 :whistle

NMPops

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2017, 07:57:49 pm »
Which the usps owns the community mailbox more than likely
Do you buy stamps for the bills you send??? Thanks for supporting the USPS

Stamps can be bought lots of places besides the Post Office, Gang Boxes may be owned by the USPS but they are not on USPS property. Personally I pay all my bills online and if I ship anything its either UPS or a place  like Mail Boxes Etc. which is not USPS owned.
Livin the Dream - Be Safe Out There

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2017, 08:23:40 pm »
Umm .  .  .  the USPS issues all U.S. postage stamps and collects the revenue from them regardless where they are sold.  Neighborhood gang boxes are on an easement either owned or leased by the USPS.   Virtually all commercial mailing services use the USPS as do Amazon, UPS,  FedEx,  DHL  and 99% of all other package delivery services.   Nobody has a problem if you never set foot on a postal facility for the rest of your life but don't make believe you are mailing or shipping something somewhere without their involvement.   :coffee

NMPops

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 12:20:33 pm »
I have no problem giving the USPS my money as long as I don't have to set foot on their property or any other Federal property for that matter. I also try not to use any gun-unfriendly property or business.  My mail box, btw, is mine, it's on my porch. 
Livin the Dream - Be Safe Out There

spalit007

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2017, 10:22:55 am »
The local DMV has a lock box right inside the front doors, for firearms. I decline, and do business by computer or mail. Safe storage is mandated by law for all government buildings in AZ, so they HAVE to provide you with a locker. It might not be right there, but around a corner, but it is a legal requirement.
Guns in cars is OK, but stay off Federal property. Park elsewhere and walk.

I didn't know that..good to know, I would usually park offsite. Does this also cover USPS? This is the one place it's so easy to forget, given how small some post offices are. I'm assuming even if its a storefront it's considered federal property?

anm2_man

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2017, 03:45:49 pm »
Unfortunately, I have to admit that I have MANY times walked into my local P.O. and have forgotten that the Smith Revolver is in its holster in my right front pocket.  - Oh well.  It wasn't me - Really

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2017, 11:54:55 am »
I didn't know that..good to know, I would usually park offsite. Does this also cover USPS? This is the one place it's so easy to forget, given how small some post offices are. I'm assuming even if its a storefront it's considered federal property?
I believe so as they are the leaseholder.   The plus side of that kind of operation is that they tend to be somewhat less prickly about all the rules and regs being followed to the letter.  Not that I'd think it was OK to wander in with my hogleg strapped on but if you are concealed you are concealed, no?   :hmm