Username: Password:

Author Topic: Email blocks from Hotmail/MSN/Outlook/Live domains  (Read 3330 times)

Thernlund

• Administrator
  • AZGO Founder
Email blocks from Hotmail/MSN/Outlook/Live domains
« on: September 17, 2015, 12:00:39 pm »
For whatever reason, MSN email domains are now blocking email coming from AZGO's email server.  What this means to you?

If you have an email address in one of these domains...

• hotmail.com
  • live.com
  • msn.com
  • outlook.com

...as your registered AZGO email address, you will not be able to receive email notifications from AZGO.  These include PM notifications and new account registration emails.

Until I can sort out why this is happening, please be advised, no email from AZGO will be able to be routed to your email box.

AZGO does not harvest or sell email addresses, nor do we send unsolicited emails of any kind.  We don't send newsletters, we don't even send Happy Birthday notes once a year.  Nothing.  We rarely even remember that email is sent from here at all.

We only send PM notifications (if you have that turned on), new account registration emails (one time upon registering) and email change validation requests (one time when/if changing your email address).

If you receive spam purporting to be from AZGO, it is mostly certainly a forgery.

Thanks.

-T.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

JesseL

• Administrator
      • Lambert Gunworks LLC
    Re: Email blocks from Hotmail/MSN/Outlook/Live domains
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 12:06:44 pm »
    Well I guess that explains the problem a new member was having with registration earlier this morning.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:10:28 pm »
    That's what called it to my attention.

-T.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 01:50:17 pm »
    I think I've tracked this back to being an IPv6 DNS problem.

If I'm right, it should be sorted in ~24 hours.

If I'm wrong, I'll know in ~24 hours and continue troubleshooting.

-T.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    UPDATE: Email blocks from Hotmail/MSN/Outlook/Live domains
    « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 06:35:41 pm »
    Got this back from MSN...

Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) qualify for conditional mitigation. These IP(s) have been unblocked, but may be subject to low daily email limits until they have established a good reputation.

Please note that mitigating this issue does not guarantee that your email will be delivered to a user’s inbox.

Ongoing complaints from users will result in removal of the mitigation.

Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

If you feel your issue is not yet resolved, please reply to this email and one of our support team members will contact you for further investigation.

Emphasis mine.

This leads to to think someone has been complaining to MSN about emails from AZGO.

As we only send automated notifications in response to PMs and registration activity (as mentioned above), I can't imagine why.   :saywhat  We've had one or two high profile hissy fits by Special Snowflakes™, but I don't think I'm prepared to call this malicious just yet.  We'll see.

Anyway, be advised that if you have a Hotmail/MSN/Outlook/Live email address, you may have issues getting notifications from AZGO.

If you do not want to receive Personal Message notifications from AZGO, you can affect that functionality here...

https://arizonagunowners.com/index.php?action=profile;area=pmprefs

Change the line 'Notify by email every time you receive a personal message:' to 'Never'.

Carry on.

-T.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 01:34:39 pm »
    This issue appears to be resolved.  Mail is flowing again.

I will keep an eye on it in the near term.

-T.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 08:11:43 pm »
     :thumbup  Thanks T. 
    "I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said."     William F. Buckley, Jr.

louisianamp

• Aim small, miss small
    « Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 08:37:19 am »
    I use two different emails, one is free, one isn't. Proton mail is free, and in encrypted. The one I use the most is libertea.us. It costs about $40.00 a year, and a portion of the money can go to one of the organizations they are affiliated with. There are options when you sign up. I have never NOT gotten an email at either address.
    Death smiles at us all. All a man con do, is smile back.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement