Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2A Attorney  (Read 4876 times)

Vector16

2A Attorney
« on: October 25, 2015, 04:36:42 pm »
Living in CA I got myself acquainted with a 2A attorney that was near by and would be available 24/7 in the case that I needed legal help if I ever needed to use my firearm for home protection.  I would like to do the same in AZ. I figured that this would be a good place to start.  Do any of you have an attorney that specializes in second amendment cases of home defense or otherwise?

I would like to find someone in the greater Phoenix area. I have casually looked on the internet and read a couple of pages but I think it may be better to see about someone that has a reputation of these forums and/or some of the members use or might have a relationship with. I have seen William Foreman out of Scottsdale.

Does anyone know of any others  I might want to check out?
If your are always prepared for an emergency, it seems an emergency will never arise.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: 2A Attorney
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 04:52:09 pm »
    I don't have any specific personal info about him ( or anyone else for that matter ) but I know Mark Victor has handled some second amendment cases.
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »

I don't have any specific personal info about him ( or anyone else for that matter ) but I know Mark Victor has handled some second amendment cases.

What he said^^^
    He's not cheap, but what's your freedom worth?
    ;)
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

Vector16

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 05:42:27 pm »
    It's not that you will ever need to use the attorney. But if you need to, its better to say I need to have MY ATTORNEY present than, I need AN attorney present.  That's just my opinion and its better that you already have a relationship with one rather than your wife or someone else try to find one for you at 3:12am when you are being interrogated in your boxer shorts in the front yard.
    If your are always prepared for an emergency, it seems an emergency will never arise.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »
    ^^^Wise words...
    :thumbsup:
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

Super Tomcat

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 08:04:41 pm »
    I hadn't thought of that, but valid point on the front yard on boxers

Vector16

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 05:32:09 am »
    I looked at Marc Victor. he has a Attorney retainer program. Its $100 to start and $20 a month. If you look at that in another way, If I go talk to an attorney, pick his brain for an hour or two, he charges $250-$300 and hour.  This Marc Victor, in his program I am spending $340 a year and they are available 24/7, any state except Florida.   I will need to give them a call here soon.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 11:23:57 am »
    This Marc Victor, in his program I am spending $340 a year and they are available 24/7, any state except Florida.   I will need to give them a call here soon.

Is that $340 just for the retainer and then any consultation is extra?  Or does that include the initial consultation for a case?
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 11:36:43 am »
    Is that $340 just for the retainer and then any consultation is extra?  Or does that include the initial consultation for a case?
    I'm not a client of his, but I found his website.

How it works: Attorney on Retainer Cost – [...] Members are entitled to drastically reduced hourly rates or contingency fee rates for any of the applicable legal services. The non-refundable earned on receipt retainer fee to be a Member of the “Attorney on Retainer Program” is only $19.95 per month, after the initial sign up fee of $99.95 for the first month.

[...]

Reduced legal fees: [...] Members are eligible to obtain applicable legal services from the law firm of Marc J. Victor, P.C. at the reduced hourly rate of $175.00 per hour instead of the normal hourly rate of $650.00 per hour for legal fees.  For contingency fee matters, Members are entitled to the reduced initial contingency fee rate of 25% instead of the normal initial contingency fee rate of 33% or 45% depending on the nature of the matter.
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Vector16

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 12:08:51 pm »
    Still think the money may be worth it if you ever need it. It can cost $???,???'s just for the defense. That's huge. 

CodeSection

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »
    Vector, have you investigated CCWSafe?  After reading all their fine print in their program, you might be pleasantly surprised.....

Good luck!

Vector16

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 05:01:57 pm »
    hey, thanks for the tip. This looks pretty good.

JK357

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 05:23:13 pm »
    I have been looking into 2nd Call Defense too, I have seen bad reviews for USSCA. I'm torn on who to go with. :confused
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:45:38 pm by JK357 »

Vector16

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 06:22:38 pm »
    The lawyer with the CCWSafe is in Utah. But that may not matter too much. Marc Victor is in Scottsdale. I guess it all depends on what time of the morning the bastard breaks into your house, rapes your daughter, kicks your dog and tries to kill you.

JK357

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 07:49:26 pm »
    I'm looking at cost vs. coverage in the unlikely event that I need one. :hmm

Vector16

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 08:15:54 pm »
    Well in that case, the CCWSafe is better for you.

I don't know.. If the event comes up that a get out of jail card is needed, I would also think that it wood be a good idea to get down to Costco or Wally World to buy a security system with cameras. Set 4 up outside and 4+ inside to cover most of the areas you might encounter a dumbass that broke into your home. Front door, hallway, great room area etc...  Nothing says I am in the right, like video of a burglar with a weapon and a 3:16a time stamp.

Vector16

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 09:08:14 pm »
    In CA, there is a forum called CalGuns. CalGuns has an area in the forum where there are 2A attorneys are mentions with names and phone numbers and some also have recommendations from their clients they have defended in the past for self defense cases and other 2A related items.  This kind of thing might be nice here as well.   Any of you Sr. and contributing members could bring this up to the moderators and the developers.  This would of great use to all of us, get the 2A attorney's more clients and give the members here more of an option than just flipping thru a phone book. The 2A attorneys could also in turn give a discount of consultations to the AZGO members with the mention the ad.  Just a suggestion and may be a way to raise a little bit of money for events.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement