Username: Password:

Author Topic: Arizona shooting locations map  (Read 73416 times)

• Contributor
Re: Arizona shooting locations map
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2023, 08:05:43 am »
I herd that 3 shooting ranges have opened out around Lake Pleasant.  Is this true and does anyone have any updates or information?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

ynotaz

• Contributor
    « Reply #176 on: February 19, 2023, 02:45:39 pm »
    The BLM boondoggle, called ranges are partially open, 2 of the 3 are open.

Very limited pistol shooting, maybe 6 people at a time.

Must use their targets and you cannot call a cease fire to pick up your brass if it goes across the firing line.

Safet sucks.  There are people walking around behind you with loaded firearms, some just fresh from the guns store with their new Glock or AR, and the most training they have is the inscription on the barrel, saying read manual before operating., Yeah they flag the line with their muzzles, and pelt you with brass, but they're new.

Oh yeah, then there are the ganbangers that drop by with whacky-weed wafting from their vehicle when they pull up, get out do mag dumps from their Glock extended mags and belt-loop assisted "full-auto" mag dumps from a mini-draco.

They did add three shooting benches at church Camp and likely will at saddle mountain if no already

The only positive is saddle mountain for long range rifle, like 5 lanes going from 200-700yds, same rules apply, no sight-in, just their steel plates.  Long trecks from vehicle to shooting line so if you bring stuff, spotting scope, a couple rifles, ammo, ear, eye, bench, seat, bring a cart or plan on several trips back and forth.

Baldy mountain is still closed after we told them, over 3 months ago, about the fire hazard cause by the way they developed it and it has yet to be remedied with simple ground clearing.

For real shooters, they suck, even game and fish agrees, and that says something.   They are free and in this case, you get exactly what you paid for.
    “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.

It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

• Contributor
    « Reply #177 on: February 19, 2023, 04:41:39 pm »
    Thank you for your great information.

GilaMonster

« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2023, 11:18:19 am »
    i wonder why Yavapai Recreation League range is not shown on the map?

Southeast of Prescott, on Hiway 89, it is the site of USPSA, including the Northern AZ Classic match every year; silhouette matches;Steel Challenge, IDPA; ICORE; etc.

localbrew

« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2023, 07:55:44 am »
    I know this is an old thread, but any more information on areas to shoot out near Sedona (outdoors) with nobody around, i.e. I'm not willing to shoot with newbies around me as one poster above noted safety is priority.  I'd prefer a location where it's just me (I know this is likely hard to find)

One can dream :)

Thanks all.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement