Username: Password:

Author Topic: Enfield & Ishapore Scope Mounts  (Read 2042 times)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
Enfield & Ishapore Scope Mounts
« on: April 08, 2016, 06:11:55 pm »
I have seen some of the scope mounts for both theses weapons listed in Brownells etc. that claim no gunsmithing required.  With the enfields it involves using existing screws.
Anyone have any experience with these?
"Does your dog bite"?   Grrrrrr
"He is not my dog"!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: Enfield & Ishapore Scope Mounts
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 08:33:38 pm »
    I've seen a few installed.  Some were OK and some weren't worth the effort.  Depends on whether you are scoping a No.I or a No.IV as to which way you go for an aftermarket mount.  The No.IV is an easier project because of the receiver mounted rear sight vs the barrel mounted rear sight on the No.I .  Either one usually ends up with a scope height that requires some modification of the rear stock in order to be usable. 

ATI mounts seem to be prone to shifting or shooting loose.  Accumount seems to be the best I've personally seen but there may be others I am not familiar with.  You can actually get a reproduction of the WWII Enfield sniper rifle mount from the company that originally made them in England but they are pretty pricey.  I think Accumount has a steel reproduction model instead of the brass and steel originals. 

I wish Brass Stacker made one because their K 98 Mauser mounts are hands down the best I've seen but alas, no love for the Enfield. 
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

Arizonagunsmith

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 07:18:59 am »
    When l worked in Canada l installed a lot of scopes on the Enfields and the best one that we installed is not available anymore. That said the Accumount is the next choice for cost.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 11:35:59 am »
    What was the best one not available now? Do you remember...just curious.
    "He is not my dog"!

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 05:25:18 pm »
    He's probably referring to the English made one I was talking about.  They are faithful reproductions of the original scope mount for the British T series of sniper rifles from WWII and the last time I saw one for sale it was going to set you back something like $250.00 depending on the currency exchange rate.

There used to be a shop back on the east coast that had a few in stock but that was several years ago.  I'll see if I can find the website again and post it here. 
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

Arizonagunsmith

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 07:32:02 pm »
    coelacanth is right it was made in the UK and even in those days they were not cheap but they well made.
    Jon

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »
    Thanks guys...I appreciate it.
    "He is not my dog"!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement