Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kel Tec  (Read 5300 times)

Curmudgeon

Kel Tec
« on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
Stopped al LGS yesterday.  He had that bad-boy in stock.

DAMN  .........  I was seriously impressed.  Two six round tubes, plus one in the pipe.  Yeah buddy.

Owner says "Jim, I ordered that especially for you buddy"  He says that about everything he gets in.

Wicked weapon for sure $799.  Probably not.  My wife had a fit when I bought the Tommy Gun, but that will probably turn out to be a "happy" purchase.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

JK357

Re: Kel Tec
    « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 08:37:06 pm »
    Have you checked out Randall's yet? They are in Glendale at  51st and Olive. :thumbup

Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 09:16:49 pm »
    Have you checked out Randall's yet? They are in Glendale at  51st and Olive. :thumbup

Stopped in there maybe 2 years ago, because they are one of the few places that sell reloading stuff.

I found them to be a bit "unfriendly", so I never went back.

Don't get me wrong here.  I don't like to bad-mouth a place that I have actually not done business with.  This was just my impression of the place.

In all fairness, Lone Wolf (where I buy most of my guns), at first came across a bit cold also.  I have found through the years that this is not unusual in gun shops, I think it's the nature of the business.

Andre, and the other guys at Lone Wolf pretty much know me now.  They know I'm not a "looky-loo".  I actually BUY stuff.  I probably had a dozen guns transferred to Lone Wolf that I purchased from Bud's Gun Shop (A habit I developed when I lived in Florida).  Then I actually started paying attention to their prices, and decided to fund a local business.  It's the right thing to do.  Bought probably 10 guns from them, and took my son there to buy his first handgun.

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 06:46:50 am »
    OK - I can't take the suspense anymore.   What kind of Keltec ?    Inquiring minds want to know  :coffee
    "Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 08:29:51 am »
    Amazing deal on an RDB or a KSG? Customized Sub 2000?
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 08:34:37 am »
    OK - I can't take the suspense anymore.   What kind of Keltec ?    Inquiring minds want to know  :coffee

https://www.keltecweapons.com/shotguns/ksg

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 09:45:59 am »
    I've seen two KSGs in the wild since they were introduced...I have never seen an RFB, the rifle I lusted for YEARS...but vaporware, like so many Keltec products. They make good stuff, just not enough of them!

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 11:03:47 am »

[...] I have never seen an RFB, the rifle I lusted for YEARS...but vaporware [...]
    I think I've seen it at Bear Arms in Scottsdale.
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 01:25:11 pm »
    I love the gun, but I was hoping for one in 20ga.

Greg
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:48 am »
    I've seen two KSGs in the wild since they were introduced...I have never seen an RFB, the rifle I lusted for YEARS...but vaporware, like so many Keltec products. They make good stuff, just not enough of them!

I have one !

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

Curmudgeon

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 07:58:19 am »

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 01:51:44 pm »
    That is bad-ass

A reasonable long distance rifle that you can hide under your jacket and you can use it for room clearing ! 

gilacr

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 05:02:25 pm »
    Really fun shotgun.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
     - Thomas Jefferson

No2aNoUSA

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 08:00:35 pm »
    I own a KSG. Fun to shoot, but requires that you train for the gun since it's an ergonomic nightmare to load the tubes quickly. I have a few LEO friends that have shot it and they didn't like it.
    FFL07/02SOT

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »
    I own a KSG. Fun to shoot, but requires that you train for the gun since it's an ergonomic nightmare to load the tubes quickly. I have a few LEO friends that have shot it and they didn't like it.

I totally agree. I sold mine because they weren't user friendly as my 870s. Still, 14+1 of .12ga isn't too shabby for home defense applications.
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

jrleen

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 08:26:40 pm »
    And another....only been out twice. Got it up to 300yds on 12" steel gong quick pulls. Working on best loads to stretch it some more.

Alex

• Contributor
    « Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 08:08:15 am »
    That is cool beans but wouldn't hanging stuff off the rail impede the pump action. Guess you could just not put anything on there but then you might need gloves or develop new calluses.

I think if the crazies ever hit me and I thought about giving up my tried and true 870 it might be for the saiga 12. Something about a 30 rd drum appeals to me  :-P

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 10:07:37 am »

Or Aguila Mini's and make it 24+1.
    Aguila mini shells are getting very hard to find, especially the the buck shot. So apparently they are very popular, even though they are pricey. As my reloading skills grow, I plan on loading my own in the future. I agree with many who say a shotgun is the most devastating firearm we can have on hand to defend with as civilians. ;) I also know that an adaptor is available for the mossberg 590/500 - Maverick 88 lines specific to the Aguila mini shells to aid in proper function.

Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement