Username: Password:

Author Topic: Buying an M1 Carbine. Need Advice  (Read 2021 times)

WhiskeyXray

Buying an M1 Carbine. Need Advice
« on: January 11, 2017, 05:32:51 pm »
Ive been looking into getting an M1 Carbine. I want one with all USGI parts that is in good condition. Whats a fair price for a mismatched one and an all correct one?
Would you consider this to be a good deal? https://www.gunsamerica.com/967877857/M1-Carbin.htm

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Marx-ism's

• Sr. Contributor
    • Why a duck?
    Re: Buying an M1 Carbine. Need Advice
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:33:18 pm »
    To me that price seems high but then again I haven't been in the market for one recently.  Like the brand on my M1 Carbine, Quality Hardware and Machine Corporation isn't one that made a huge number of rifles.  I web site I found online seems to indicate that they only made about 360k total rifles.  Oh and they supposedly only manufactured the receivers and sub-contracted for everything else.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/manufacturers.html

I can't speak to retail value on my Rockola since I traded for it........... but I think the pistol that I traded was worth $1,000 to $1,200.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

cr

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:52:52 am »
    The carbine you are looking at is NOT original as it has been through a rebuild. Pictures are not good to tell what is correct or fake parts to make it correct. I would ask for more clearer pic. A carbine that is as issued should bring more than $2000.

RetroG

• Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 03:15:44 pm »
    I would go over the the Carbine sub forum at the CMP forums and ask about price and things to look for.

WhiskeyXray

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:36:52 pm »
    I actually signed up for the CMP forum a few weeks ago and am waiting for a moderator to activate my account. At this point I think they forgot about me!

crystal9833

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 12:50:52 pm »
    Hope this reply is not too late to help.   I am by no means an expert on the M1 Carbine, but have owned several.  Uncle Sam loaned me one in 1969, which was the best one.
    $1600 plus $45 shipping is more than I would feel comfortable spending on line in the hopes of getting a rifle with 100% correct and matching parts.  There are just too many variables to consider that make this rifle valuable.  There are several websites that can help you with identifying the correct components for this particular rifle.
    Just from what pictures were posted on Gun Broker, I would be suspect that this rifle is not totally correct. 
    I am by no means trying to discourage you, but just saying to exercise due diligence prior to purchasing, as you would with most things you buy for that much money. 
    Good Luck shopping!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement