Username: Password:

Author Topic: FFL Map  (Read 640 times)

Thernlund

• Administrator
FFL Map
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
I don't know if anyone noticed.  A few weeks back I added an FFL Map to the menu bar above.  It's a derivative work of another site I created; FFL Geolocator.  I had been meaning to put it here for some time.  Then I had a few minutes among the chaos a while back and just did it.

Enjoy.

-T.
    The views expressed in this post are personal views only and not those of AZGO.  AZGO doesn't have views.  It's a piece of software.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
Re: FFL Map
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:48:00 PM »
Cool feature.   :thumbup   Thanks!   :-)
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 06:07:36 AM »
 :thumbup
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan

DuneShoot

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »
 :thumbup

Martimus

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »
Thanks for adding that T!  :thumbup
"If the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body, then left-handed people must be the only ones in their right minds."  ~ W.C. Fields

martin

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:02:46 AM »
Best map yet T  :-)

Thanks, for this resource ! 
martin -
IN NEED OF A GUN WHEN I CAN'T reach for 911

PK90

• Estrella Ordnance
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 05:29:27 AM »
When was your map updated. I do not have a pin (9-86-07356) and the dealer next to me has moved.

Sent from an undisclosed location

Owner of Estrella Ordnance
NRA Life Benefactor Member
AZCDL Life Member

StealthyMcStealth

• Bang
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 09:49:56 AM »
Awesome map, thanks!

Thernlund

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 11:10:14 AM »
When was your map updated. I do not have a pin (9-86-07356) and the dealer next to me has moved.

It was updated with the December 12/16 list.  January's list was just published today.  I'll be update it soon.

Sometimes the address isn't geocodable though.  A lot of addresses are wrong or poorly formatted.

That said, yours is there.  It's just at the same address as an 07 FFL and the pins are on top of each other.  They're processed by the code in ascending order, so an 07 would sit on top of an 01.

http://arizonagunowners.com/ffl.php?id=110059

You can untick the 07 checkbox below the map and you'll see it.

-T.

EDIT:  Map updated to January 2017 ATF list.

EDIT2:  I hand edited the GPS coordinates to sit the pin directly on top of your Google Maps Business marker.  By default it just places the pin on the middle of the rooftop at the given address, so that sort of thing requires manual intervention.

That'll likely get overwritten one day, but there it is for now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:35:43 AM by Thernlund »
    The views expressed in this post are personal views only and not those of AZGO.  AZGO doesn't have views.  It's a piece of software.

PK90

• Estrella Ordnance
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »
Thanks. I guess next month the 07 will be taken off due to the address change. EzCheck
AZCDL Life Member

Thernlund

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »
Maybe.  I've seen them linger for 6 to 8 months.  The ATF doesn't keep very good records, especially with addresses.  I've seen some that have the premise and mailing ZIP codes swapped, but the address is right.  They really don't verify correct addresses very much.

-T.   

PK90

• Estrella Ordnance
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 08:42:16 PM »
Looks like it updated.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AZCDL Life Member